Old 02-19-2016, 03:21 PM   #21

I signed papers after my excellent PDI with RVW. If you pay for it first and then get stuck with an RV that isn't fit to travel in... for months... What's the purpose of a pdi? I sure would love to hear lazy days side of the story.
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 03:32 PM   #22

I signed my paperwork after I did my PDI at LazyDays. I guess it all depends on who you are working with and what time of year you are there.

Old 03-15-2016, 03:15 PM   #23

Bought 3 RVs from Lazydays first two were great experiences, however our third purchase will be the last. Should have know when we had issues with the sales person he keep quoting cost with a 5k down payment yea price sounds great until you find out its 5k higher that was you were told on the phone. Second strike was with post PID we found several issues had to take it back 3 times with the last trip lasting a little over 30 days with the service adviser updating me on repairs that were on the wrong coach. I had to reach out the the service manager to get the RV back. Fast forward to today I have delamination were the awing is screwed in to the wall (Not a maintenance issue) called and it took 30 days to get an appointment and yes they tried to stick me with the same dimwit from the PID repairs. After taking a day off work and hauling the trailer to Lazydays my new service advisor Ellen Otero lets me know that it isn't going to be covered didn't even attempt to contact Forest River and wanted 120 an hour to diagnose the problem. Strike three my next RV will come from General RV center a few more miles down the road.
fatjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 04:12 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatjack View Post
Bought 3 RVs from Lazydays first two were great experiences, however our third purchase will be the last.........the awing is screwed in to the wall (Not a maintenance issue) called and it took 30 days to get an appointment............
Is the RV still under warranty? If the awning screw missed the underlying frame/stud, that would be an assembly issue that should be a warranty repair.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 04:23 PM   #25

Warranty is only 1 year they seem not interested in doing any work without approving 120 an hour to look at it. I'm a few months outside the 12 months on a side note my last rv was out of the warranty and they got approval from keystone to fix it this time they didn't even want to ask.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:39 AM   #26

That's too bad Although I am disgusted with my FR product, I have to say that my dealership has done everything they can do for me, and prior to making a decision to purchase a new non-FR RV, I was dealing directly with FR to bring the existing back to Indiana for repair. However, all negotiations took place before my initial 12-month warranty ran out. I am buying the new Keystone product from Lazy Days so thanks for the heads up about their service department.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:48 AM   #27

Be careful with the service department with the PID they tore the molding up when they aligned the bedroom slide and it took several months for the repairs to take place. They seemed the carpet and its coming apart again and when they put the sectional back they didn't put all the screws in causing it to slide around on a trip scratching the floor up. Stay away from Neil Gillette in service guy is a moron. If you aren't under contract i would take a trip out to General RV and see if they can do better they are a little further out on I-4
Old 03-16-2016, 10:59 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatjack View Post
Be careful with the service department with the PID they tore the molding up when they aligned the bedroom slide and it took several months for the repairs to take place. They seemed the carpet and its coming apart again and when they put the sectional back they didn't put all the screws in causing it to slide around on a trip scratching the floor up. Stay away from Neil Gillette in service guy is a moron. If you aren't under contract i would take a trip out to General RV and see if they can do better they are a little further out on I-4
I've previously posted that our PDI will probably take about three hours. I found an extensive checklist online and plan to use it. I didn't do a proper PDI for the existing FW and we are still paying for my negligence. I don't know how LD is going to respond when we get there, but we're not for the new FW until a successful PDI is complete. We're willing to accept the FW if there are a small bunch of minor repairs, but won't accept any mechanical issues. We don't plan to have to return the FW to LD multiple times to repair multiple issues while under warranty; we'll see. The new one is on special order so I doubt we'll back out unless we determine it totally unacceptable. If so, we'll check out General RV. Thanks again.
Old 03-16-2016, 11:33 AM   #29
7 Year Class A RV'er

I certainly won't swear off FR in the future; there are issues I feel they should correct, but all manufacturers have similar problems so far as I can see. My problems have been with Lazy Days......and LD simply does NOT care enough to even attempt to respond. I spent a couple of hours just this morning reattaching the wiper seals on the slides that were torn loose by LD when they repaired the slide hydraulics. They simply pulled them loose and left them to flap in the breeze and leak. Thank goodness my initial year of warranty us over at the end of April; that will allow me to make direct contact with the LED light manufacturer who has said they'll send me free replacements for the defective lights but could no do so while under warranty. FR had also said they would send them to me under warranty but LD simply can't seem to get if their duffs and request the parts. Future FR? Maybe. Future LD? Most definitely NOT! Hope you're reading this LD...I don't think I'm alone in those feelings!

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 05:44 PM   #30

Never again lazy days denver.. 3 months to get an appointment and 1 month to get a part.. I didn't realize it was available online with 2 day shipping . It's been on their lot since July 8 th.. we bought from a big dealer expecting service well not so ....

Livin the dream is offline   Reply With Quote