Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2015, 04:21 PM   #1

Lazy Days - Seffner, FL

We bought our W&P 30WLA from Lazy Days in Seffner, FL (Tampa). They had the exact trailer we wanted, so we went ahead with the purchase. They have a set procedure for delivery. You show up, head straight to the business office so they get their money, then show proof of insurance (or buy insurance from them), they give you all of the paperwork, etc, then they take you to what you bought.

This is where my dissatisfaction starts. The salesman took me out to the trailer, and that was about it. I wasn't ever offered to do a pre-delivery inspection and was never shown how anything worked/operated on the trailer. My wife and I did our own walk through while the salesman ran back up front to get my tag off my trade in. He came back, with no tools, but was able to get one screw in to hold the tag on. We got absolutely no assistance (other than my neighbor who was nice enough to go) to hook it up, get it out of the tight space they stuck it in, or getting everything ready to tow it home. I pointed out the entry door gas tube mount was missing a few days earlier when we looked at it. 3 weeks and 2 phone calls later, that still hasn't been resolved. I now have another 3 or 4 minor warranty issues, but I'm going to repair it all myself since it will take me less time to do the repairs than make a couple trips over to leave it for god knows how long. I haven't heard a single word from them since delivery. No follow up call to see how things are working out, no satisfaction survey (which I actually wanted for a change). The trailer was never washed before delivery either.

This whole process left me with the impression that they just want your money and then you're on your own. I knew more about the W&P models than any of the sales staff I spoke with. All I did was simple research on the internet. They sell 300-500 units a month, so my bet is just just push out numbers and don't care about customer satisfaction. Well, unless you are shelling out 6 figures for a big RV.

I will not go back there to buy anything else I will find another dealer and make the longer drive. I'm not normally one to complain, but this whole process left a bad taste in my mouth and made this exciting purchase for my wife and I less than ideal. I'll be sending a letter to the general manager to explain my dissatisfaction.
slapshot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 05:03 PM   #2

I bought my first trailer from them in 2007. They were helpful during the PDI but difficult to get warranty work completed properly. They always looked for the bandaid temporary fix. I think your description is fairly accurate.

-R.Jones
Ordered Nitro 31fqsl
R3Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 04:19 PM   #3

Update...the missing mount for the door gas tube has supposedly been ordered to be shipped straight to me. That just happened this week.

The a/c wasn't cooling well at all on our first trip. Instead of taking it back there, I found a Dometic service dealer closer to home. They are replacing the a/c under warranty and I hope to have the trailer back this week.

All of the other minor issues I fixed myself since it was easier, less of a hassle, and much faster. We have our first week long trip coming up in 3 weeks, so I'm hoping everything will come together soon.
slapshot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 05:14 PM   #4

They are all the same!
67cudafb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 12:49 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot12 View Post
They have a set procedure for delivery. You show up, head straight to the business office so they get their money, then show proof of insurance (or buy insurance from them), they give you all of the paperwork, etc, then they take you to what you bought.
I would have left right then and there. Never part with any money until you get to see exactly what you are buying and everything is repaired and working to your complete satisfaction.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 12:58 PM   #6

That is an odd experience with LazyDays. when I purchased my MH there, they had a staging area for sold units where they conducted the pre-delivery inspection and explained everything on the coach and took as much time as my wife and I needed. the guys that did the walkthrough where from the service department, not the sales department.

Then the sales guy came by and dropped off a sewer hose, and some other things (key rings, museum putty, etc..)

after that we were allowed to spend the night in the coach at the delivery area to find any additional things we might have missed during the earlier inspection, which we did find and they fixed on a Sunday.

Sorry you had a bad experience. Sounds like your Sales Guy was off his game.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:58 PM   #7
Ready to Go

Go on down 5 miles on I4 to General RV, They actually care about you 1st. Before they opened in 2014 I called their corp office for a bedroom slide out issue and when would the store be open. Well to my surprise the service manage and one of the techs came to my home and fixed the issue.. free and no paperwork. Very nice people working there and make you feel like you're at home and not in a big super store that just pushes you in one door and out the other.

2001 F250 SD 7.3 Turbo
2013 Sanibel 39' 5th wheel.
JeffLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 01:07 PM   #8

I know its too far for you to go, but Camper's Inn in Jacksonville (at Chaffee Rd off of I-10) is a good place to go and would take care of a FR warranty issue. I tried to buy an XLR from Lazydays last year; they gave me their best price and I made an offer... didn't hear from them again, but ordered one from RV Wholesalers in OH and paid $7K to $8K less.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 01:42 PM   #9

I found the complete opposite. Everyone I dealt with was very nice and helpful. The only issue was the walk through, I felt the person doing it was not as familiar as he should have been. However, the person that assisted me with the hookup and break adjustments was over the top helpful. I had a few things pop up on my first trip, I went buy and it was taken care of while I waited. The follow up from sales has been good as well. I know some people are no longer there perhaps you dealt with one of those. Sorry you had a bad experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-19-2015, 09:19 PM   #10

We are very close to buying a new or used Charleston 430 BH. We live just south of Tampa and want a great deal with great service. MHSRV does a great job at advertising that they have the best pricing but LazyDays is only an hours drive from us.

Any suggestions on how to get the best price AND best service? Seems like second hand would be the best price and dealing with the factory will be the best service... Any suggestions?

Also- what are you guys paying out the door for a new coach? How much off MSRP?
alire007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:28 PM   #11
Mod free 5er

We looked at a used MH there about 4 yrs ago and ask if we could drive it around the lot and were told as soon as we signed the papers we could drive it anywhere we wanted. Needless to say, I told the salesman very politely where he could put his MH and left.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 07:50 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmymjr View Post
I found the complete opposite. Everyone I dealt with was very nice and helpful. The only issue was the walk through, I felt the person doing it was not as familiar as he should have been. However, the person that assisted me with the hookup and break adjustments was over the top helpful. I had a few things pop up on my first trip, I went buy and it was taken care of while I waited. The follow up from sales has been good as well. I know some people are no longer there perhaps you dealt with one of those. Sorry you had a bad experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At least you got a walk through. I didn't get that, no hook up assistance, no brake adjustments, no assistance at all. Heck, it took 3 months to finally get the door bracket that was missing on delivery.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:10 PM   #13

I had very good results using General RV in Tampa. Did a major rework on the braking system. Went from 5,000 to 7,000 lb brake assembly and from 12 gauge to 10 gauge wiring on both axles. Now it stops.

btritschler1437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 09:04 PM   #14

We were very well taken care at LD, bought Charleston, before buying we took coach on two lanes an interstate, with sales lady Susan an FR rep. Made adjustments we asked for, feed us, checked in on us. An matched mhsrv. Attitude an personal knowledge goes along ways, sent me some warranty parts I asked for, called factory with some questions an was nicely taken care off , no complaints from us .
SEAYALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 10:35 AM   #15

I'm surprised, too. I've heard only good things about their delivery process. It's too late now, but I wouldn't sign for the unit until after a successful and comprehensive PDI.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 02:29 PM   #16

No first hand experience but I saw 20 or more units ready for delivery set up with full hookups... from small to large.. quite a place. Their price was too high for me and that's as far as I got

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 02-18-2016, 06:36 PM   #17
7 Year Class A RV'er

I'm getting into this conversation a little late, but here's my experience with Lazy Days in Seffner. We bought our Legacy last April, picked it up right at the end of the month. So far as sales, the folks were great. Worked with us over some issues on the trade and we were very pleased. For the PDI, they sent over a nice fellow who knew absolutely nothing about the coach and barely spoke English. The whole time he was there was a waste. Thankfully, this was not our first motorhome, so we were pretty good with things. Spent the night in their campground and found the water heater wasn't working and the bunk ladder and sofa tables were missing. They shipped the ladder to our house two weeks later; gave us the sofa tables before we left. Looked at the water heater and said they knew the issue and had to order parts. We drove it back to Orlando. The next week, I discovered the entire end of the exhaust system had never been installed and the exhaust pipe stopped at the back of the DEF injector, well up under the coach. Sent them pictures and they ordered the parts. About four weeks later they called, said parts were there, bring it in; would only take a couple of hours. Made an appointment for two weeks later (first available). Arrived that day to find we weren't on the "expected" list at the guard house. Seems the fellow who booked our appointment showed we were booked but forgot to put it on the calendar. We wait all day, then they come and tell us they only got half if the exhaust parts and we need to leave it. We tell them we'll come back, but they say they can't let us drive the coach without that exhaust pipe as it's a major hazard. Guess it wasn't a hazard when they drove it down from Indiana or on our trip to and from Orlando??? Anyway, we wind up renting a car to go home (they reimbursed us for that cost.....2 months later, after multiple calls!). Came back three days later, picked up the coach and headed out on a week long trip, only to discover that the hot water heater still did not function! Made another appointment when we got home. The day we took it in, the slide would not go all the way in so we added that to the list, along with a wiper arm that was loose (they "forgot" to look at the wiper arm the first time!). They had told us we would not have to leave it so we didn't bother to empty the freezer, though we did tow the Jeep....just in case. Well...we had to leave it, but they said no problem, it would be plugged in. SIX weeks later, they finally got it fixed and called. I had checked daily and been told by the guys in the service bay it was plugged in. We get there, they bring it out, I step inside....to be met with temps well over 100 degrees, no air and the massive stench of the rotted chicken in the freezer, not to mention the flies from it. They apologize, rush up and clean things but can only try to get rid of the odor. Six months later, we're finally clear of the stink. I gated to do it, but a couple of weeks ago I called them about some final issues before the first year warranty expires in April. After two weeks of conversations (when I could catch them), unreturned calls, unanswered emails, etc., I finally gave the service rep a deadline of tomorrow to tell me how we could fix these final items or I was going to demand another service rep be assigned to me. I'm not sure if he'll call me back tomorrow or not, as every person I've had dealings with in their service department has blatantly lied to me at every chance. I've told them I'll make the repairs myself if they simply furnish the parts and FR has said they will ship the parts if the dealer simply requests them, but I can't get them off their duffs to do that. Sorry for the long story, but that's how it's gone for me. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
2015 Legacy SR340 360RB with 2014 Wrangler Unlimited Toad
Gigi, Poppy and Sadie the Jack Russell (all 14 lbs of her)

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 07:59 AM   #18

Conceptumator, Wow! Aweful! Makes me glad their price was too high. But I feel for you guys. Your experience should trump any good report and make everyone stay away.
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 02-19-2016, 11:39 AM   #19

Well, I hope our experience is in the positive. We have a Montana on order, and I already told my DW to expect no less than three hours on the PDI, and I'm not signing for acceptance until the PDI is successful. We have mentally prepared ourselves to walk away if things don't go our way. We want to avoid having to bring the unit back multiple times to take care of things. We plan to spend a couple of days in their RV park running every system to ensure we're not heading out on a long trip with major issues.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 11:57 AM   #20
7 Year Class A RV'er

Wish you well. So far as I could see, they do the closing and signing of the papers before the PDI, so not much chance of backing out then. The sales people and finance group were all great to work with, we only had our problems with the shop guys. We were told by the salesman that an FR representative did the PDI's, but when it came time for ours, he was magically unavailable. They had also told us they would put us up for a couple of nights in the park. When it got right down to it, they wanted us to sit in the delivery lot with only electrical hooked up and spend the night. I insisted on going to the park and they reluctantly gave me a pass for one night there. Just can't believe the poor service from a place as nice as that. They could be on the top of the heap, but their service people just simply don't seem to care one bit. Wishing you luck!

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote