Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2015, 10:10 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rest and Relax View Post
does this idiot service manager not realize you need a working battery while towing for your safety breakaway brake cable to work.
The OP posted his post the beginning of August. Right in the middle of Campers Inn taking over. I am sure changes like this do not happen overnight.

On 10-8 rmillermtsu posted that the Service manager and next in line maintenance were both "let go" Monday which I assume to mean 10-5.

Seems like that may have been a move in the right direction? It doesn't sit well with rmiller as they had their camper while it appears they are s#5tcanning the lackluster service department? Damned if ya do and damned if ya don't?

Campers Inn has just taken over Clems RV here in PA, and I ordered a Roo in the middle of the process. I am going into this transaction with eyes wide open but I'm not going to jump to conclusions until I experience things personally. I'm also not going to let past experiences with Clems or past reviews of Clems or Campers Inn @ other locations sway me one way or the other yet.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 10:40 AM   #22

I contacted dealer, Campers Inn, and the corporate division of Micro Lite to gain clarification on the following: This is what I told them - I would very much appreciate your opinion that this is either a normal condition that can be corrected at the dealer, or does the trailer need to be returned to the factory for repairs or replacement of the slide unit.

As you can see, we have reached out to the dealer in good faith to give them the opportunity to properly diagnose our observation/ complaints and take corrective action.

We would just appreciate you backing us up with your opinion of the correct remedy based on your experience and position with Forest River.

Except for the mentioned issues we are very happy with our Micro Lite.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Measured Lower Left.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	170.8 KB
ID:	93843   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lower left slide platform.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	93845  
Attached Images

2016 Micro Lite 25DKS (sold)
rmillermtsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 10:44 AM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
The OP posted his post the beginning of August. Right in the middle of Campers Inn taking over. I am sure changes like this do not happen overnight.
Peco was taken over by Campers Inn 1 January 2015. They had eight months to get to where they were in August. Which IMHO is a very long way down from where they were on 31 December 2014. I now view them as being in the same category as a Camping World store...
Old 12-29-2015, 09:15 PM   #24

After 3 months I was told my trailer
Was ready for pickup all warranty work was complete I drove an hour to get it and it hasn't been touched. Now that's great customer service.
dannyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 11:12 PM   #25

I don't know how Peco/CI is when it comes to service, and probably don't care because I do as much as possible at home. But, had a fairly good experience with them with my Vengeance TT purchase.

I did a lot of research and the model I wanted met all my "gotta have" requirements. Narrowed the search down to three dealers...Peco, one in Ohio and one in Pennsylvania. Problem was that Peco quoted me a price that was $8,000 higher than the other locations. I had a detailed email from both out of town dealers showing their final price...all fees included. I showed the emails to Peco and told them I would pay them the same amount plus half the delivery fee (net of $800). Told them that in the next five minutes I was going to make arrangement for transfer of all funds from my bank and if they wanted the deal they had to let me know right now or the $$ would be wired out of town.

They took the deal and I picked up the trailer the next day. PDI went fine and haven't noticed any problems since delivery.

Tags
camper