Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2015, 10:51 AM   #1

Quality RV in Linn Creek,MO

Anyone ever had any dealings with Quality RV.
Priced a Cedar Creek with them - about a 5 hour drive so if they have problems would like to save a trip.
justbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 11:07 AM   #2

I can't help you justbob, but forgive me, I am curious. Couldn't you get a good price quote from McDowell South RV in Jackson, MO? Also keep in mind that if you buy from a dealer in Linn Creek, McDowell South isn't under any obligation to do warranty work for you. Just saying.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 12:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbob View Post
Anyone ever had any dealings with Quality RV.
Priced a Cedar Creek with them - about a 5 hour drive so if they have problems would like to save a trip.

Bought my Hemisphere from them. What would like to know? Family owned and will work with you on warranty work. I thought that I received a fair deal on the camper at the time of purchase. There were Forest River 'Dealers' very close to where I live and I asked 'them' if they could get this 'make and model'. I was told 'no' as it was from a different 'line' than 'they' were allowed to sell. When I had 'warranty' issues was when the issues started with Quality RV (as would have happen with any Dealer so far from where one lives). As with any new purchase, there were many bugs to fix (yes we went through a walk through and testing systems and these bugs were not obvious at the time). They fixed everything that I asked them to, but some major things had to be fixed three times, ie. three trips, before it was corrected. Also, they had my camper (to me) too long, but they are a busy business. In the end, before the warranty was up, it made more sense on my time and fuel costs/taking off from work, to take my unit to a local Dealer that I trust and have worked with all my life and pay Cash for work needing to be done. Even for 'warranty' work. Quality RV people, (to me) were good and honest people in my mind (they are a business to make money and not lose money) , but was way to far from where I lived. I thank them very much for the camper (now that it seems all the bugs are out of it), but it is too far from where I live to have any other work done on it by them. If you get a great deal and love the camper, wonderful. But understand you will need some kind of work done and 5 hours away 'from Quality RV' is way to far away. imo, check with a local dealer and see if they will do the warranty work or weigh the balance (time/travel/money) and consider fixing the unit yourself or pay the local dealer to do it if he will not do 'warranty' work.

Just my thoughts.... Quality RV a 'good' Dealer?....Yes. Do you live too far away for minor (not major..Major) warranty work?.... yes you do.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:05 AM   #4

Thanks for those taking the time to read and to respond to this. We have decided to stay local as was suggested.
justbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:26 AM   #5

Just to be clear on the (Out of pocket cost while still under Warranty)! If (YOU) contact (Your F/R Mfg.) BEFORE you have Warranty work performed by (ANY F/R Authorized Repair Facility) and F/R gives YOU a (PO #),you will PAY$ and F/R will (Reimburse) YOU! You will NOT be (Out of Pocket) any $$! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:58 AM   #6

We bought our Silverback from McDowell South and the deal we make was acceptable. Even so, I think you should use the price you received from Quality RV in your negotiations in an attempt to get a better price from McDowell.

When buying an RV I always walk away after our initial negotiations with a dealer. If they don’t call you on the phone a day or two later then you know that’s probably the best they are going to offer you. On the second trip back to the dealer take up as much as the salesman’s time as you can. Tell your salesman you are really interested in that model but the price is holding you off. Ask your salesman to check with the owner of the dealership to bend just a bit on the price. It doesn’t hurt to try.

In our negotiations with McDowell we drove back and forth three times. Third time was the charm. McDowell South is a 198 mile round trip for us and the closest Silverback dealer in our area. Buying the Silverback was the best thing we ever did.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:11 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Just to be clear on the (Out of pocket cost while still under Warranty)! If (YOU) contact (Your F/R Mfg.) BEFORE you have Warranty work performed by (ANY F/R Authorized Repair Facility) and F/R gives YOU a (PO #),you will PAY$ and F/R will (Reimburse) YOU! You will NOT be (Out of Pocket) any $$! Youroo!!

Reality never works as well as theory. As I stated that I had to take my unit back for the same problem three times.....What did it cost ME that FR would not pay for. Fuel costs both ways X six. 6 days of taking off work.... slide motor problems..... I asked my local dealer if they would look at it and was tsuggested at that time that FR would insist for something like that, that the selling dealer look at it as 'they' were 'working on that 'issue' and having another dealer look at it in mid stream would not go over very well....

When I really did need my local dealer to look at my unit.... getting ready for a week long trip and the Sat before noticed a water leak 'in the wall' behind the tub coming out on the floor in a steady stream. Leaving the next Thursday for trip... Worked that Sat before to get the tub faucet off and tighten the connection inside but could not get to it... the factory had attached it to the stud inside the wall, it should have easily 'flopped' forward out of the tub wall covering. It would not move at all like all the videos that I was looking at. And 'I' was not removing the wall... Quality RV is always closed on Monday and I knew that they would say 'bring it down and we will get to it when we can....I did not have days to waste on them. Called local dealer on that Monday morning and was told bring it in and we will look at time. At 11:00 in the morning the local dealer called me (15 minutes from where I work) and said it was done. I picked it up at 5:30 and was ready for the trip. They had to peel the wall back and found that the factory had attached the stud where it should not have. It was one of those things of tighten too much the cheap thing breaks, to loose and it leaks... I never really notice the leak before (months of use) at the unit was always tilted to the door side to become level when the slide are put out. The water always flowed in to 'cut out' below the tub drain and onto the ground where is was not noticeable.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:53 AM   #8

In reality Forest River offered to (Pickup and take our unit to the Factory for repair)! We chose to take the unit to the Factory for repair,it was just another RV trip for us. We pay for our Fuel on all our trips. Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality