Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2017, 11:03 PM   #1

RV Wholesalers

Ever start down a path and think, what the hell was I thinking?

We've purchased our very first 5th wheel. We researched the heck out of all the models and manufacturers and what seemed like a zillion dealers until we finally found the exact model we wanted and it just so happened to be at the easiest straightforward dealer that we'd found. Their online ordering/quote process was so easy to navigate and the reflective pricing to match. No guessing, no haggling, just the best price. Actually we ordered a fully loaded RV that was still 10K less than the minimally built models on the dealer lots.

Dealing with the inevitable salesman was pleasant, the finance guy was very accommodating as well. Although getting immediate answers to our questions wasn't always one of their strong points, but they did reply.

We drove 20+ hours to do our PDI, we were met by a nice fella who led us through a rather brief but adequate PDI. Even though we're new to RV's, we felt comfortable after the walk around. Note, this place is in the backside of nowhere. Anyway, during our get acquainted period I noticed the couch we'd ordered wasn't there and the big huge block where the generator was supposed to sit was empty!! Not a good thing!

Well, something fell through the cracks, stuff happens, no real big deal, except we were in the area where our kids and grandkids live and we were on a short time schedule and any delay in seeing those kids made my wife emotional and of course pissy so that of course put me in a mood. Anyway, they had a solution, we could drive 3.5 hours to the manufacture (Note we'd just driven 20+ hours) and they'd install the generator and swap out the couch. Well ... when we got there ... I was taking a tour of the factory, unmolested by anyone, no guards, not one person around. Finally found a person in a remote office area who was so very helpful in trying to facilitate the fix, but alas, no one would be there and the generator wasn't even available til the next Monday. Needless to say, not a great situation.

After several calls, nothing was really accomplished. We drove back to see our kids for a short time and then drove the 20+ hours back home.

Management at RVWholesalers were very on-top of the situation, although not resolved yet, I have no doubt that they'll make it all right. They even gave me a starter kit for my troubles of driving to the factory and offered a gas card.

This is a good outfit, we'll certainly buy from them again in the future.

Oh and the best part, this RV is awesome and everything we expected!
ChipnKerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 02:45 AM   #2

I'm considering ordering from them. It's good to hear that you had a pretty good experience all things considered.
strider_gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 08:26 AM   #3

We just bought a 2018 tracer breeze from Colerain RV Wholesalers in Cincinnati. We would have liked to have "shopped local" but they were literally $11,000 higher! Overall, it was an amazing experience with a very professional streamlined staff. We found a unit online and started the process. We had to make 2 trips up there (a 4 hr drive), but it was well worth it. The only negative would be the price of the add on parts which seemed very high. They do give u a route66 membership with rv purchase which knocks off 10%.. i would still recommend finding part on amazon. I would and have highly recommended this dealership....you want be disappointed
Bdlnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 11:15 AM   #4

Smile

Just wanted to do a followup on our purchase from RVWholesalers.

For the missing generator and wrong couch, they actually offered to have them shipped to a service organization in the Colorado Springs area and pay to have them installed. We just happened to have scheduled a week vacation, so we offered to drive the 1300 miles back to their location and have everything done at their shop, which happens to be about 2 hours away from our family.

Anyway, we show up, the generator is MIA. Wife is fit to be tied, literally! She definitely voiced what was on her mind to the management overseeing our issue. When she asked me if I thought he understood her position, a nearby person said, "YEP, he certainly should have". Well, as it turns out, the factory didn't have the generator when promised so it was being picked up by one of the RVwholesaler's folks. We were told it'd be delivered early on and it'd be installed and finished by 8pm, way past their closing time. A while later while I was separate from my wife's side, the manager let me know that the generator was indeed coming but it wasn't going to show up til 7:30pm .. and I'm like, don't say a word to my wife, please!

We showed up that evening about 7:15, I'd watched them move the generator into the 5th wheel but my wife missed that part. So she assumed they'd been working on it all that time, didn't tell her til it was all done.

As crazy as this all seems, the group there are all very professional and I'd trust them with any future purchase as well. They just had difficulties with the manufacturer and really went out of their way to accommodate us. They even offered to put us up at a motel for the night. Sold me a satellite dish at cost as well.
ChipnKerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 11:45 AM   #5

Very good you are able to take things in stride. Not too many people can do that. To me, it's not what happens. It's what's done after it happens.

I was going to purchase from RVW but a local dealer came in very close to their price. All considering, I went local. I would have ZERO concerns buying from RVW in the future.

In a world where everyone seems to take to the net to complain, they constantly have positive reviews. That says a lot!!!
wardster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 02:17 PM   #6

It sounds like for a lot of problems we all have with our rvs, it really boils down to the manufacturers making a bunch of cheap crap that needs replaced.

That said, what is "cost" for a satellite dish? Or which one did they give you at cost?
strider_gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 02:37 PM   #7

We bought our 2013 locally but had no need for warranty work. Great trailer no major issues.

The one we are purchasing now the dealer has the original store about 45 minutes away but we are buying from their Myrtle Beach store 5 hours away as it will be staying near the beach. We will see how that works our but hopefully it will not need much warranty work. Could not find a better deal without traveling across the country and then little to no saving.

We try to buy local !!!

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 02:47 PM   #8

We looked into, and living in Western Canada, the deal was great, but the delivery killed it. Would of been about 5K delivered to a border in Montana.

But they were definitely helpful, if the exchange rates change for the better will revisit them (virtually)
spidey1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 02:56 PM   #9

I hgave looked everywhere that offers the fifth wheel that we want, I will also be buying fro RV wholesalers when I decided to go and spend the money!!
divers6926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 09:18 AM   #10
RVWholesalers Representative

ChipnKerri, thank you so much for your patience and your business. Also, thank you, thank you and thank you for your kind and honest words. I am here should you ever need anything. Very sorry we have not met. Please contact me at any time ddurnell@rvwholesalers.com thanks again- David