Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2012, 12:25 AM   #1

RV Wholesalers

Mr. Durnell,

I have decided to reach you through this forum because the majority of my communication with your dealership has gone unanswered.

I have LOST ALL CONFIDENCE regarding the purchase and delivery of my highly optioned 27HFS and I am requesting a full refund of my $1,000 deposit.

Here are a few details....

- Purchase price: $27,428.99 + $250 doc fee + $1,729.94 tax + $45 title fee including the following options: 12v deep cycle battery, kick start package, fall promotion package, extreme weather package, 2nd cargo entry door, 15 inch aluminum wheels, generator prep, 4.0KW onan carb evap generator, mobile fuel station, 15K btu air conditioner in place of 13.5K, removable cargo carpet kit, dual electric beds in rear, TV brackets installed by dealer, power tongue jack, equalizer hitch includes installation.

- Order Number: 110656

- VIN: 4X4TXLC25D5156562

- Order was placed October 17th after your sales person sent us an internal email from you stating our price would increase $500 unless we put up our deposit prior to close of business that day.

- With the exception of discussing a switch to the 24HFS prior to being notified our unit was under construction, we have upheld our end of the transaction.......your dealership Sir, has not!!

- What we know or have been told at the very least:

1. Two seperate forest river regional reps urged us not to purchase from your dealership because of what we are experiencing.

2. We were pre-approved for financing and our unit was ordered October 17th and rolled out of the factory Nov 14th.

3. We requested a pickup in Ohio on Dec 8th and scheduled time off work for the trip.

4. We contacted your dealership multiple times requesting financial paperwork in advance to expedite the transaction.....especially since my wife would be unable to make the trip & sign papers on location.

5. When we started this process, our credit scores were in the mid to upper 700s........as of now, your dealership has hit our credit multiple times and our scores are dropping like rocks according to the letters we are receiving in the mail.

6. I have not heard ANYTHING from anyone at your dealership since Monday Dec. 3rd when I confirmed a Dec 8th pickup. Keep in mind, I have not received a single photo of the unit, I have not been contacted via email, text, or phone about the finance paperwork, and the scheduled pickup date came and went.

7. Initially, because of the reasonable price, I didn't mind the hard sell on the warranty, the 2,200 mile roundtrip to pickup the unit, or the last minute "order now or else" tactic. However, I want you to know that all the fun and excitement.....the looking forward to finally getting our first camper.......the idea of being a part of the Forest River group.....has all taken a back seat to the stress and uncertainty of dealing with your company and I want my money back.

- Suggestion: Perhaps you can hire someone to just answer questions from customers who have placed their trust in your dealership. This one person could be the hub of your dealership. All they have to do is answer questions and keep the customer in the loop. Their job would allow your sales people to sell, Michelle to stay on top of the orders, and your finance department the opportunity to push your "slide seal" warranty.

I look forward to hearing from you. I'm sure you have my number.

Thank you,

Highly Un-satisfied Customer
Trippster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:37 AM   #2

Thanks for your info....as a potential new buyer/customer I am extremely concerned about customer service before and after a purchase........
Steve 911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:47 AM   #3

Brian at Big Daddy RV was fairly close on price......came highly recommended by the Forest River Regional reps and was very helpful when I was getting quotes. I'm kicking myself in the butt for going with the headaches in Ohio. By my calculations, my competed unit has been sitting out in the elements since Nov 14th and my excitement has turned to stress over things I can't control........what a joke!
Old 12-11-2012, 06:52 AM   #4

Sorry to hear of your problems. My sister purchased a TT from them this summer and the transaction went great and they are very happy with their TT. You will want to shoot Mr. Durnell a PM so he's notified that he has a message.
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:16 AM   #5
Site Team - Lou

I would PM Mr. Durnell.

From another thread you started (and posted last night just after midnight), I understand you have already cancelled the order.
Did Mr. Durnell engage on your issue?

Additionally, as you can see from the attached article from FICO, your "credit scores dropping like rocks" have very little to do with multiple credit requests from RVWholsalers.

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducatio...inquiries.aspx

From the article these requests are treated as "one" for the purposes of your score and will only move your score approximately 5 points based on your personal credit history.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:49 AM   #6
RVWholesalers Representative

Trippster, I am very sorry you have had issues. I have just read this post and as I type my staff is getting on the phone to resolve these issues. We will take care of all of this for you immediately and without further issue. I assure you this is not the norm at RVWholesalers. I also can ensure you that we have not done anything to harm your credit. Herk7769 is correct about your credit score and the effect of us acquiring a loan for you. Also, in respect to the Forest River Rep. telling you not to buy from us, let me clarify, he wanted you to buy from another dealer because that is his dealer. SImply put he is not paid when you buy from me, he is only paid when you buy from the other dealer. Please don't lose faith, all will be resolved today. Also, I will make sure in the future you are taken care of as well. Here is my personal email you can email me any time you like. Also, I will private message you my cell number. Thank you again for your business, and we will be in constant contact. Also, just to update you, Michele has already left a message for you! Thank you again- David
Old 12-11-2012, 10:03 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddurnell View Post
Trippster, I am very sorry you have had issues. I have just read this post and as I type my staff is getting on the phone to resolve these issues. We will take care of all of this for you immediately and without further issue. I assure you this is not the norm at RVWholesalers. I also can ensure you that we have not done anything to harm your credit. Herk7769 is correct about your credit score and the effect of us acquiring a loan for you. Also, in respect to the Forest River Rep. telling you not to buy from us, let me clarify, he wanted you to buy from another dealer because that is his dealer. SImply put he is not paid when you buy from me, he is only paid when you buy from the other dealer. Please don't lose faith, all will be resolved today. Also, I will make sure in the future you are taken care of as well. Here is my personal email you can email me any time you like. Also, I will private message you my cell number. Thank you again for your business, and we will be in constant contact. Also, just to update you, Michele has already left a message for you! Thank you again- David

ddurnell: Kudos for the great intervention..

Trippster: Keep us updated on your outcome.

Always great to see a bad story turned good.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #8

Trippster sorry, I forgot to include my email it is ddurnell@rvwholesalers.com by the way I did private message my cell to you. Thank you again for your business and I look forward to working this all out with you! I also know you will love the service you will get from our warranty department and our RVW Private Nationwide Service Network! Thank you again!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #9

Folks,

I didn't write the post to cause waves or to break forum rules or to be counciled or to create more drama in our lives. I simply needed answers to questions I was unable to get through normal channels.

I appreciate Mr. Durnell getting back to me and for taking a personal interest in this matter.

I also want to thank Herk7769 for moderating.

As far as I am concerned, when my $1,000 is refunded, this matter will be closed. At this point, we are getting out of the RV game.

Thanks everyone!!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #10

Trippster, I hate to hear you are not going to camp any longer? By the way after further investigation your unit is sitting here PDI'd and ready to go for you on 12-8-12. The staff did have you on the calendar and were in fact ready for you. Are you stating there is no way to work this out now? You truly are no longer camping? I hate to see you quit camping it is after all a great vacation! What if I have it shipped to you in Texas at no charge to you? We would love to talk if you have time to call. Thanks-
Old 12-11-2012, 10:41 AM   #11

I understand the frustration that is caused when things start to go South, i have had more then my fair share, but If I quit doing the things I do because of a bad experience the only thing left would be to sit in my couch and stare at the wall........but then again at some point I have probably remodeled that wall and it caused me problems!
MotocrossCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:41 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddurnell View Post
Trippster, I hate to hear you are not going to camp any longer? By the way after further investigation your unit is sitting here PDI'd and ready to go for you on 12-8-12. The staff did have you on the calendar and were in fact ready for you. Are you stating there is no way to work this out now? You truly are no longer camping? I hate to see you quit camping it is after all a great vacation! What if I have it shipped to you in Texas at no charge to you? We would love to talk if you have time to call. Thanks-
Mr. Durnell,

If it was ready for pickup 12-8-12, why haven't I seen any photos of the unit?

Why weren't me emails and phone calls returned leading up to my proposed departure to Ohio? Couldn't drive 1,100 miles on the hopes everything would just work out.

If you put yourself in my shoes for a moment, you might understand that all I have in my possession is a one page order sheet. I don't even know if the trailer you received is the correct unit. I was previously told this would all be straightened out prior to me driving to Ohio........as we've discussed, it wasn't.

As for your free delivery offer, I didn't pay for that or even request that. So no, I'm not asking you to deliver the trailer to Texas free of charge.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #13

Trippster, not sure of where to go from here. To be honest we don't send pictures unless the unit is being shipped. That is not normal practice since customers who pick up obviously see the unit upon arrival. However, if you requested pictures that should have happened and I apologize if that was the case and you were failed. Can you private message me the names of the people you called after the 3rd so I can take care of them not calling you back? I really will not stand for customers not being communicated with. I am at a bit of a loss on how to proceed, we have the unit, I am having it photographed for you right now. Is there any thing else we can do? I will be honest it seems a bit harsh to never camp again. I think the last thing I would ask is at least give us a chance. It seems harsh to post a negative and then not allow RVwholesalers to work through this. After all the unit was here and you were scheduled for the day you wanted and the unit is ready. I want every customer happy. If the only way you are happy is to get out of the deal let me know that and I will let you out of the deal. Thank you for your time and again, we would love to talk with you directly.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:57 AM   #14

The saga continues.....
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:58 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotocrossCamper View Post
I understand the frustration that is caused when things start to go South, i have had more then my fair share, but If I quit doing the things I do because of a bad experience the only thing left would be to sit in my couch and stare at the wall........but then again at some point I have probably remodeled that wall and it caused me problems!
Awesome post, I especially love the part about the wall causing you problems! Merry Christmas, thanks for bringing some humor to this post!
Old 12-11-2012, 11:02 AM   #16
Site Team - Lou

There is always more than one side to every story.
Sounds like we helped put Trippster in touch with the correct person.

I, for one, would like to see a happy ending for both parties; but time will tell.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:07 AM   #17

Yeah, this is hilarious.....haha.

Exactly how we pictured our first camper buying experience.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:13 AM   #18

Trippster let me know what you want from us. I am waiting on your direction, you are the customer and thus the boss. We have called you two more times and emailed again. I am not sure how else to communicate other than on here. Let me know if you want out of the deal and again, I will accomodate that. As to the post by Motocrosscamper, it was funny. He wasn't making light of your situation and nor was I with my response to him. Merry Christmas! I hope you have a great end to this year and an awesome 2013! Thank you again to everyone on this forum for letting me post, it is greatly appreciated by everyone in the RVWholesalers family! It is not to be allowed to communicate with all of you and to try to help out customers and others on here! Thank you again and Merry Christmas to each and everyone of you! Trippster I await your direction!
Old 12-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #19

ddurnell: As an observer, I see that you have done your best. Find another buyer.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:24 AM   #20

This is a sad day when a choice is made to not go camping.

I hope you can find a way to at least look for a bright side and focus on the good things that are to come.

I understand the frustration as most of us have had to deal with the "sales guy" but remember it is your freedom to make a choice to go camping, don't let them take your freedom of choice.

May your coming days be brighter than today.
Lynkage is offline   Reply With Quote