Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2015, 12:27 PM   #1

Rv wholesalers ddurnell

We just bought a trailer from RV wholesalers in Lake-view Ohio (darrell Durnells). We are from Ontario and bought from them due to the unbeatable pricing. we were happy with the service and we would recommend buying from them as we will be again ourselves.
toby29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 12:34 PM   #2
DDC

Congrads on your purchase what did you buy and how did you get on at the border.
We've been toying with this idea to because the dealers in Ontario just want to take you for every penny.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 12:04 PM   #3

I have a permanent spot in Lakeview Ohio, I've called them 3 times for warranty issues and can't get them to return my call. I didn't buy my camper from them so I guess there P----- off about that. I've heard nothing but bad stories about RV Wholesalers!
bigmac123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 01:48 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac123 View Post
I've heard nothing but bad stories about RV Wholesalers!
Not sure where you're hearing that but I've been a member of a number of various RV forums, for over 10 years and the vast majority of RVW reviews are positive.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 01:58 PM   #5
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Not sure where you're hearing that but I've been a member of a number of various RV forums, for over 10 years and the vast majority of RVW reviews are positive.
Agreed. I also have friends who have bought with positive results.
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 02:05 PM   #6
DDC

I have heard mostly good things about RVW and when anything negative comes up they appear to be on it till it is resoled.
Old 06-01-2015, 04:06 PM   #7
Site Team - Lou

FYI - DDurnell is a member and senior executive of RV Wholesalers. He has been prompt and attentive to any complaints and even a brief search here will find his hands on approach to making his customers satisfied ones.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 09:58 AM   #8

I've been camping for 10 years in the Indian Lake, Lakeview area two different campgrounds and I have friends in numerous campgrounds around the lake. I've met two people that have purchased form RV Wholesalers. I find it strange that people that are 15 minutes from them chose to drive 50 miles like I did to purchase there RV. Maybe they treat people from out of state better, maybe it's because your not going to return there for warranty work. FYI maybe Mr. Durnell does not know what's going on in his dealership! And why do they advertise two different names for the same dealership?
Old 06-02-2015, 10:00 AM   #9
RVWholesalers Representative

bigmac123, I am thrilled to assist you with any work that you need done! I apologize if you have had a hard time getting in touch with us. We are working on so many units right now that we are a bit behind. Due to our great reputation and incredible service we are swamped. Please don't say though that you have heard nothing but bad stories, they simply don't exist unresolved. Also, you have not purchased from us. Shoot me an email and I will get someone right over to you! ddurnell@rvwholesalers.com thanks and I look forward to making you a believer in RVWholesalers!
Old 06-02-2015, 10:46 AM   #10

Mr Durnell just sent you a email!
Old 06-02-2015, 02:20 PM   #11

bigmac123, why are you being so harsh and yet expecting me to do warranty work for you? I have already said to you publicly and privately I am very happy to assist you EVEN THOUGH you did NOT purchase from me. I don't care where customers buy from, we are always willing to help because it is the RIGHT thing to do. I really do know what is going on in my dealership as I am here six days a week, unless I am on vacation. Please stop trying to harm my dealership while asking me to help you. I am a simple man with a family and a business that supports 50 other families. Bad reviews are very damaging and when you have never done business with us, in your case, very unfair. Give me and our team a chance before telling others how bad we are. By the way, I will be out of town from 6.3.15 until 6.16.15 to spend time with my family. David
Old 06-02-2015, 02:50 PM   #12

I have never done business with RVW or MR Durnells shop but I would in a heartbeat! For an owner of a business to come on here and offer assistance when you didnt even buy from them just because it is the right thing to do speaks volumes to the character of a man and the reputation of the business that, that man represents! Kuddos to you Mr Durnell!

Nights Camped (2018-16) (2017-16) (2016-13) (2015-13)
SuicideSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 03:05 PM   #13

Fake story from a bitter rival dealer, possibly???? Former disgruntled employee???? Any other guesses???? Regardless, basically I'm hearing an admitted NON-customer complain about "customer service". As others have said, the fact that Mr. Durnell is willing to offer assistance to someone that is attacking him speaks volumes for his business ethic.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 03:14 PM   #14

This thread is lose - lose and should be closed.............

2013 Ford F150 3.5 ECO SCREW
TT233S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 03:16 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideSaints View Post
I have never done business with RVW or MR Durnells shop but I would in a heartbeat! For an owner of a business to come on here and offer assistance when you didnt even buy from them just because it is the right thing to do speaks volumes to the character of a man and the reputation of the business that, that man represents! Kuddos to you Mr Durnell!
+1

I would recommend them to anyone close based solely on their transparency on this forum.
Old 06-02-2015, 03:18 PM   #16
Site Team - Lou

Personally, I would like to hear how the story ends.

Somehow I think David will come through as he has time and time again.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 03:30 PM   #17
DDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
Personally, I would like to hear how the story ends.

Somehow I think David will come through as he has time and time again.
X2 Have yet to see anyone on here being dissatisfied after David goes the extra mile to help them.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:06 PM   #18

Smile +1 RVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
X2 Have yet to see anyone on here being dissatisfied after David goes the extra mile to help them.
We recently purchased a Rockwood camper from RVW and we had a very positive buying experience with them. No heavy sales pressure for add ons we didn't want or need. The camper was ready when they said it would be and I found no problems during the PDI or since then--going on 3 weeks. Granted, I've never asked them to do any service work, but they insisted we call them for help if we encounter any problems during our 6-week trip this summer. Based on the buying experience, I'm optimistic that RVW will work hard to resolve any warranty issues. +1 for RVW.
BumpyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:26 AM   #19

BumpyCamper, many thanks for your business! Please get in touch with me as you need anything at all. Please email me at ddurnell@rvwholesalers.com or call me at work: 877-877-4494 ext. 123 Thank you again for your business and I look forward to many years working with you! David
Old 06-03-2015, 08:26 AM   #20

Thank you Mr. Durnell Bob is coming over Sat. Morning.