Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2019, 12:16 PM   #1
Trailer Park Supervisor

Thumbs down Rvpartscountry.com

Every once in awhile, I like to order stuff from 'the little guy' instead of Amazon, and in this case, the price was better on a Camco Rhino 28g waste cart. Monday will be two weeks since I placed the order. Today I called credit card to dispute the charge.

Everything went well at first. The cart was apparently shipped promptly and I was supposed to have it last week. Never came, and Fedex tracking suddenly started saying 'pending - no delivery date available'.

Called company. A pre-recorded message saying they don't take phone calls anymore, that they have found it better to do things by email. (yeah, that's better).

Problem 1, the 'contact us' webpage wouldn't work (it had a 'verification' section, with a blank picture). Finally found an alternate email using some Google magic. After several days of trying to get Fedex to locate the package, (and hours on the phone with them), I gave up. They have no idea where package is. So I've been emailing rvpartscountry directly. They were going to 'look into it' according to their last email 24 hours ago. no contact from them since, despite another email to them this morning with my phone number asking them to call me.

I actually paid 5 dollars extra for 'insurance' on top of the 15 dollar shipping charge. Fedex told me the shipper has to initiate a claim. Did they? Who knows, they're not talking.

THERE'S SOMETHING SHADY ABOUT A COMPANY THAT HAS NO WORKING PHONE. AVOID BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!
NJKris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 09:24 PM   #2

Rvpartscountry.com

I have the Barker 32 gallon with pneumatic wheels, just used for the first time. The only complaint I have is that it doesn’t have any grab handles to take in or out of the back of the truck before and after using. It’s very awkward to pickup alone.
Malojeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:20 PM   #3

Oddly enough I just ordered a new lower control board for my Dometic fridge from this very company last Friday morning. It does state on their website that if you order on a holiday or weekend, give them a couple of extra days to process your order. They say they will send an email including a tracking number when your order has shipped. I did receive that email Monday.
I too found out you won't talk to them directly if you have a question, but I followed the instructions right on their website and sent an inquiry via email about if my board would ship that Friday due to the time of day I placed the order. They answered back that afternoon and this Wednesday I received my control board. You do have to click on a icon to prove you're not a robot when you email them ... perhaps you are using an ad-blocker that won't let that icon load or don't have a current version of Adobe??? I get it that your experience wasn't near as smooth and you're grief was (is) way longer than a couple of days, but perhaps you worded your bold typed sentence a bit heavy. Social media is very powerful now days and a single person can unintentionally doom a small company. No, I have no connection to Rvpartscountry ... all I know is this was my first order with them, they are based in Kentucky, and my order went smoothly.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 05:21 AM   #4
Trailer Park Supervisor

dieselguy, I'm glad you had a better experience. I got a working email that they did respond to initially twice, then never heard from them again. Of course you can't call to follow up. My last email was telling them I would have no recourse other than to call my credit card company to dispute the charge if nobody called me. Nobody called. My first emails were to advise them their 'contact us' page was not working. They replied back that the problem was fixed, so I know the email is working (used 2 separate browsers). I would be happy to amend my original complaints if somebody from their company would at least contact me to let me know what's going on. I guess this is too much trouble for them.
Old 05-04-2019, 05:41 AM   #5

I ordered a AC unit from them a couple weeks ago, it was delivered in 4 working days.
latner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 05:43 AM   #6
Trailer Park Supervisor

What the hell??? Why won't they get back to me over a missing 175 dollar order??? And why don't they have a PHONE???
Old 05-04-2019, 06:45 AM   #7

(606) 864-2598
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 06:46 AM   #8

or Camper Parts World, same property - (606) 862-2576

camperpartsworld.com
Old 05-04-2019, 06:48 AM   #9
Trailer Park Supervisor

Both freaking numbers go to a pre-recorded message that says they no longer take phone calls due to high call volume. What kind of way is this to do business??? Must be millennials!!!
Old 05-04-2019, 06:51 AM   #10
Trailer Park Supervisor

BTW, I am not as crazy mad as my posts might suggest. Just irritated. But glad my Chase Visa will make it all better. When all else fails, having a good credit card company is priceless. Money talks.
Old 05-04-2019, 06:52 AM   #11

they are also listed as:
Eastern Kentucky RV, BigDaddy RVs, RV Wholesale Campers, and Camper Parts World
Old 05-06-2019, 08:16 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
Both freaking numbers go to a pre-recorded message that says they no longer take phone calls due to high call volume. What kind of way is this to do business??? Must be millennials!!!
So High call volume makes them shut their phone system down rather than hire more people to answer the calls. Wonder why they have such a high call volume to begin with. Must not be customers calling to pace orders, but rather unhappy customers calling to complain
coney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 08:31 PM   #13
Trailer Park Supervisor

They haven't made any effort to contact me since my last emails the middle of last week. By now Chase bank has advised them I'm disputing the charge, Chase has already credited me the charge. Thank you Chase bank!
Old 05-06-2019, 09:06 PM   #14

I still would not be turned off by the "little guy". The fact that they operate under many other names tells me they use a number of different websites to sell, like eBay, Amazon, etsy, etc.. Phone and email thing also suggests the same, so they may be in overload mode.

Not to make excuses for them, but FedEx is not the most reliable either. I've seen them scan packages to show they have been excepted, but miss one of them. They all get thrown on the truck and the unscanned package ends up in the fifth dimension for days. No scan, no ID.
Nights camped: ‘18 - 27, ‘19 - 27, ‘20 - 30, ‘21 - 49

twohand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 06:59 AM   #15
Trailer Park Supervisor

This is the only company in my many online purchases that charged me shipping, and then wanted extra for insurance as you're checking out (which I paid). And I'm not turned off by the little guy, just this one. There's no excuse for blowing a customer off and ceasing communications when they don't receive their merchandise, unless they pocketed the extra 'insurance' charge, and the package was shipped un-insured (just guessing here, not making accusations).

Tags
parts