Old 07-10-2019, 02:48 PM   #1
Enjoying Life

Shady Maple RV service

They are in East Earl, PA. We had an issue with our sink while traveling. Contacted Forest River and they made arrangements with Shady Maple to take care of us. We arrived the morning of our scheduled date and they went right to work on the unit. Within 2 hours of leaving it it was ready. Everyone there was very friendly and courteous. The service tech came out and showed us what he did, explained the repair and asked if we had any questions. Very professional.

The only complaint was they recommended going over to the Shady Maple Smorgasbord for breakfast. Too much food and the price was great. Had to loosen the belt a little.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” - Hunter S. Thompson, The Proud Highway: Saga of a Desperate Southern Gentleman, 1955-1967
TeachTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 03:50 PM   #2

They Are Great

Shady Maple has never let me down. I have always been pleased with anything I have had to do with them. Sales, service, advice, insurance claims and more. They do everything they can so you have to do as little as possible.

Bruce

Old 07-10-2019, 04:33 PM   #3
Fulltime family RVer

Great to read the service reviews. I'll keep this in mind the next time we're up in PA and I need something done.
Old 07-11-2019, 04:11 AM   #4

Mobile Service

I forgot to mention that Shady Maple RV offers mobile service. Their technicians know what they are doing, too.

Bruce
Old 07-11-2019, 06:35 AM   #5

Good to hear you had great service here, they use to have one of their employees on this site that was helpful as well, Shady Maple RV also was kind and donated some door prizes to us the 1st year we did the Brass Ring Rally at Knoebels. Good to hear a positive report.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 05:23 PM   #6

My younger brother lives in that part of the country, Lancaster County, PA. Last time we visited they insisted we go to Shady Maple Smorgasbord for brunch. I have never seen so many overweight people in my life!! There was one family there with a Dad so huge he needed two chairs side-by-side to sit his fat A** down!! The wife was well over 300 pounds, and all the kids were obese. The Dad was so crippled from being overweight that he had to have his children bring him plate after plate of food.

That said, the food we ate was top quality, reasonably priced, and their adjoining market had some of the best bread for sale we have ever tasted. Great Pretzels, too.

Sadly we will never go back there.
Jakie-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:08 PM   #7

They have some pretty down to earth service folks there. They often do have a several week backlog for service, though, which is pretty typical.

They are only a block or two from the Shady Maple Smorgasboard, which, if you can imagine, seats 6,000 people at the same time. There's nothing anywhere like it. It is good home-cooked country food too. All you can eat. They have a breakfast grill where you can order a Philly cheesesteak omelet for breakfast, then go back for another, or get a western omelette or any other omelette you want, custom made. They cook it hot from the grill right in front of you and put it on your plate. It's an experience.

Lancaster County, with its large population of Old Order, horse & buggy Mennonites and Amish, is one of the most popular tourist destinations in America. Lots of great campgrounds throughout the county, not to mention tourist things within an hour like Hershey Park, the Gettysburg battlefield, Knobels Amusement Park, the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall in Philly, etc.

2014 Rockwood Signature 8282 Ultra-Lite
2008 RAM 3500 HD DRW Laramie Megacab
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Grapehound is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service