Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2012, 11:08 PM   #1

Shorewood RV Center-Anoka, MN

Ok, I wanted to give it some time to review our dealer and I think a month is good.

Staff and Facility:
First off, the facility is very nice. The big showroom is well stocked with trailers I doubt I can ever afford (all Airstreams), but we had fun looking! They have a wide variety of brands and prices (as most seem to) with a good amount of inventory to see different layouts. They have golf carts to take you around the lot, a decent parts store with huge inventory book, lounge upstairs and free beverages.

Our saleswoman, Heather, seemed to really know her stuff. I told her what I was interested in and she showed me a handfull of options and I chose what worked best for us. I went over all of my concerns and asked for the hitch to be thrown in. She wrote up a work order for some of my requests (notoriously missing FW vent hose) and put in for the WDH inclusion without question. The rest I will cover in service.

Price:
From what I experienced the prices were very competative. Now keep in mind, I went in with a trailer already picked out at a wholesaler, even though a different floorplan (still a 2012 GW), and at a very low price. I don't know if that affected her base pricing, but I am sure it didn't hurt. The same model with no options, at all, at the wholesaler was only $2k more here with power pack, rear rack, and swivel TV stand. That and I didn't have to drive 600 miles RT to pick it up!

Service:
The PDI was very good. Heather gave us the go around on it and we covered a lot of ground. Before we came to pick it up, per my concern with its quality and reliability, she had already had the craptastic Touch Audio replaced with a Jensen AWM965! Also, during their inspection for the vent hose per the work order, they found a crack in the FW tank and replaced that before delivery as well. During the PDI, I noticed only one thing wrong. The inner front seal on the slide was bent in half over itself and half out of the slider for it. I fixed it there on the spot, but they ordered a new seal to replace it since it had a small deformation where it was bent in half for so long. Also, she has worked with me on getting the missing manual for the aforementioned Jensen, and was ready to give me the bike rack bar off of another unit, until I found ours . They seem to be working with us very well so far.

Overall:
I think they are a great dealer so far and will send people their way. At least to Heather, lol. She knows how to take care of the customer, IMO.
Rsgtivr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 12:19 AM   #2

I bought my FR Surveyor 201 RBS from Shorewood and had a very good experience. Very thorough PDI and instructional walk through and good after sale service..
Pokerstar is offline   Reply With Quote