Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2014, 01:58 PM   #21

Personally I wouldn't give any dealer a penny before a PDI then another PDI after any problems show up on the first one. Do not take possession of your rig if you don't have a good understanding of how things work. When we went for the first PDI on our new rig the dealer stuck us with as part time guy about 75 years old who didn't know "come here from sic em" (east Texas term) about a fifth wheel. Needless to say we did another PDI and signed the deal.

Unfortunately this dealers service techs basically don't know from Tuesday about most problems. We have since made good contacts from the rally in Goshen and if a major hiccup happens will take it to Goshen and have the factory men and women take care of it.

Dave
Western Golf and Country Cart (custom body, EZ-GO frame)
Arguing with some people is like trying to smell the color 9
Volvodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 12:00 PM   #22

Nev, we were there the week before & gave our deposit and contract written. We spent a lot of time there in & out of the RV on that day - we had inspected everything in & out. The RV was literally ready to go and sitting right outside their entrance not in any lot w/electricity etc hooked up. With that being said...I guess you can say we were foolish not to check again, but we would never have thought all three people (salesman especially, finance man & 1 owner) you working with to be deceitful? The following week when we came back to wrap everything up - the RV was in the same exact spot not moved. This was an easy mistake to make, but as BigJohnD said "live and learn" and we did. Everything happens for a reason someone was watching out for us and...we would never do that to anyone. Now...we have an RV that more fits our needs and we are much happier with.
antandjoettrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 03:24 PM   #23

Do not sign before 100% with a walk tru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
X2. Don't sign anything or hand over the check until you're 100% satisfied.
And make sure everything is tested, under power. If anything bothers you make sure its fixed before signing.

2009- 42 days; 2010-40 days, 2011- 40 days. 2012- 30 days,
2013- 14 days, 2014- 21 days, 2015- 42 days
2016-17 days, 2017-zero days
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 04:27 PM   #24
2015 Forester MBS 2401W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
And make sure everything is tested, under power. If anything bothers you make sure its fixed before signing.
I'm about to do PDI next month and find this thread very helpful.

I will definitely not sign the paper work if any major issue is discovered during PDI.

My question is, if there are minor issues that require approval by FR under warranty which will take time, should I still leave the vehicle there for repair or take the delivery and bring it back for repair once the repairs are approved?
HomeOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 04:46 PM   #25
Site Team

If the unit need warranty work and it is yours( papers signed) the urgency to have it fixed will be yours. If it still belongs to the dealer ( papers not signed) the urgency to get it repaired will be theirs as they want a check. You can bet the approval paperwork will not sit in someones in box.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 04:48 PM   #26

I never leave my MH anywhere for repair until the parts are in site. The horror stories of people leaving their rigs at a dealership for months is uncalled for. Why leave it there unless it's not useable as it is. When they call and tell me parts are in they should also have an opening to do the repair within a day or two. This is understood between me and the dealer before they order parts. There should not be a part that takes more than a week or so to get in.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 05:09 PM   #27
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

We bought our Wildcat off the lot in one location and had it delivered to another lot 100 miles away two months later. We signed the papers after our first walk thru and did a PDI later. The PDI went good except when we got home with it we realized that they didn't do the interior/ exterior protection package. It's invisible after it's applied but they left things untouched to tell us wasn't done. After a few calls between the two different lots they figured out they forgot to tell someone to do the treatment. They were pretty humble when they got busted and paid me fuel money to bring it back.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 05:35 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvodriver View Post
Personally I wouldn't give any dealer a penny before a PDI then another PDI after any problems show up on the first one. Do not take possession of your rig if you don't have a good understanding of how things work. When we went for the first PDI on our new rig the dealer stuck us with as part time guy about 75 years old who didn't know "come here from sic em" (east Texas term) about a fifth wheel. Needless to say we did another PDI and signed the deal.

Unfortunately this dealers service techs basically don't know from Tuesday about most problems. We have since made good contacts from the rally in Goshen and if a major hiccup happens will take it to Goshen and have the factory men and women take care of it.

Dave
That's good if you're close to Goshen... It would be an expensive trip for me and would eat a week of vacation time. I'll never buy another one without everything being repaired before the papers are signed, and money exchanged for the trailer.
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 10:01 PM   #29

Walk thru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Also, look it over well with any slides full in so you have an idea about walk space, and access to bathroom, refrigerator etc.

2009- 42 days; 2010-40 days, 2011- 40 days. 2012- 30 days,
2013- 14 days, 2014- 21 days, 2015- 42 days
2016-17 days, 2017-zero days
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote