Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2014, 09:36 AM   #1

(so far) RV Wholesalers - Lakeview, OH

I have found that RV Wholesalers to be a "typical" dealer. They bend over backwards and tell you what you want to hear to make the sale, and then they disappear. I ordered a 2015 Solera 24R from them on March 8th and was told that "at the latest" the unit would be complete in 10 weeks and that we'd have our RV by mid May. So I assumed the end of May or 1st of June, just to figure in a few weeks of delays. The sales person told me he would contact me half way through the build when he received a status update. Since the order, I have emailed my sales person twice with questions, and have never received a response. This past Saturday was the 5 week mark so I called RV Wholesalers because I hadn't heard anything yet. My salesperson was unavailable, but another salesperson told me that a status update was received from Forest River a over a week ago that indicated that my RV wouldn't be finished from the factory until mid-late JUNE. They increased the build time by 1/3 - it went from 10 weeks to 15-20 weeks. I immediately told them I no longer wanted the unit and I wanted a refund of my deposit. The salesperson told me to wait until Monday and see what the factory said. As I suspected, I've never heard anything back from anyone - not RV Wholesalers, not the factory, zilch. Why was I never contacted and told about this 5-10 week additional delay? Oh, right, because they'd already cashed my $5000 deposit check. I've also emailed David Durnell and received no response from him as well. I only have 1 month a year to travel and it's June - so receiving my RV at the end of June does me absolutely no good - which my salesperson was aware of and said he'd "put a rush note" on the order. I have asked for a refund of my deposit so that I can go buy another unit off a lot somewhere in order to make trips in mid-late June I've already booked. I've called, I've emailed - I'm basically being ignored.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:24 PM   #2
RVWholesalers Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by knutter View Post
I have found that RV Wholesalers to be a "typical" dealer. They bend over backwards and tell you what you want to hear to make the sale, and then they disappear. I ordered a 2015 Solera 24R from them on March 8th and was told that "at the latest" the unit would be complete in 10 weeks and that we'd have our RV by mid May. So I assumed the end of May or 1st of June, just to figure in a few weeks of delays. The sales person told me he would contact me half way through the build when he received a status update. Since the order, I have emailed my sales person twice with questions, and have never received a response. This past Saturday was the 5 week mark so I called RV Wholesalers because I hadn't heard anything yet. My salesperson was unavailable, but another salesperson told me that a status update was received from Forest River a over a week ago that indicated that my RV wouldn't be finished from the factory until mid-late JUNE. They increased the build time by 1/3 - it went from 10 weeks to 15-20 weeks. I immediately told them I no longer wanted the unit and I wanted a refund of my deposit. The salesperson told me to wait until Monday and see what the factory said. As I suspected, I've never heard anything back from anyone - not RV Wholesalers, not the factory, zilch. Why was I never contacted and told about this 5-10 week additional delay? Oh, right, because they'd already cashed my $5000 deposit check. I've also emailed David Durnell and received no response from him as well. I only have 1 month a year to travel and it's June - so receiving my RV at the end of June does me absolutely no good - which my salesperson was aware of and said he'd "put a rush note" on the order. I have asked for a refund of my deposit so that I can go buy another unit off a lot somewhere in order to make trips in mid-late June I've already booked. I've called, I've emailed - I'm basically being ignored.

Hello my name is Brad Jackson, I work in the Customer Service Department. Let me look into this for you and I will let you know. David is out of the country right now and will not be back until next week. Once I find out what is going on with this I will contact you with an update.
BradJacksonRVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:58 PM   #3

Thanks Brad. I called there this morning and left a message for Kelly, and have not received a return call from him either. Thanks.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:10 PM   #4

RVW was pretty clear with me that they have little control over delivery. That FR will build a batch of RVs when they have enough orders for that model. I'm sorry they were not as clear with you.
TT 2014 Rockwood Roo 183
TV 2012 Nissan Armada
EricInColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:11 PM   #5

Hello Krista I am working out the details with Kelly right now. I should have more of an answer for you here in a short while.

Thanks
Old 04-16-2014, 01:58 PM   #6

Nutter, there was a guy posting in this Solera forum recently I beleive, that went to indiana to pick his unit up. You might consider that when you hear back from RVW, if your getting squeezed for time in late May. Heck, give that Brad dude a call upfront. That would have to be arranged for you with FR I'm guessing. Good luck.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:03 PM   #7

Some what related article in today's St. Louis News paper.

Driver shortage causes backlog of RV deliveries : Business
Nights Camped 2016: 32
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:45 PM   #8

Thanks everyone. Erin, yeah, I wish the salesperson had been more upfront about that too. Like I said, he "really" wanted to make the sale. Anyway, Brad has been great to work with today, and as it turns out, they had another Solera ordered - same as ours except without the exterior grill - that will be ready by mid-May. We've agreed to take that one instead for less the cost of the grill. Fine solution by me - I guess we got lucky that they had already ordered another one so similar to ours. Brad was very prompt and responsive - he responded within just a few hours of my making the original post. Fingers crossed that everything else goes smoothly from here on out . . Thanks again to everyone. I'll have the moderator upgrade the prefix to the post to Positive as soon as it's a "done-deal"
Old 04-16-2014, 02:55 PM   #9

Thanks Krista and I am glad we got this worked out for you and your husband! I appologize in the delay of getting the updates.
Once we have the definite delivery date when the unit gets out of paint we will let you know. Let me know if there is anything else you need.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:52 PM   #10

Krista, very sorry I did not respond earlier to you, my brother and I were on vacation with our families. I am told all of this can be the issue is resolved, however, please let me know what else I can do for you. I really appreciate your business and take our relationship with every customer very seriously. I had a meeting first thing this morning with my staff that handles updates to "reinforce" this will not happen in the future. I am sure I was able to get my point across. I am so very sorry though this happened to you. Please feel free to contact me at any time and I will gladly assist you. ddurnell@rvwholesalers.com Thank you again for your business- David Durnell