Old 01-08-2020, 07:50 AM   #21

Just my 2 cents but I wouldn't have Camping World check the air in my tire.

Old 01-08-2020, 12:01 PM   #22

Send a message via MSN to Tiggerdad
Not all rims are the same. I had a blowout and ruined rim in Florida headed to Delaware. Ordered a replacement rim to be shipped to son's house. Meanwhile I found a galvanized rim at a trailer place and purchased spare tire at Walmart.
After arriving in Delaware I found that the galvanized rim did not have "0" offset. On the way back home several weeks later I stopped at the trailer place and dropped it off for a refund.

2013 Crusader 330 MKS
2013 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500 D/A
Tiggerdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 03:12 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabbott View Post
Wanted to share this with you!

I would like to tell you of my experience with Camping World in Columbia GA. My young bride and myself recently retired. We have a 30 RKSS Puma TT. I cut a corner too short and broke a rim on the trailer. I stopped at the Camping World mentioned. First parts guy I asked for a replacement rim. He said they donít stock them and told me to go to Walmart or Goodyear. since the lot was full of RVís and TTís with spare tires not being used or going to be purchased this week. I went back in to talk to parts MGR. He would not look at me but kept working on his computer complain on year end payroll. I asked for Service MGR, who told me to talk to Sales MGR. She (Sunny) informed me that they can not take a spare off a used unit and order a replacement. But she would look into it. She spoke to everyone I spoke to and found a parts person who might have a tire in the back from a custom who ordered it and did not pick it up. They found one. Yea! Then I was quoted a price from parts guy of $198.00. After talking to service MGR the price went up to $303.20. Knowing that I needed it, That I could not travel without a spare tire. All this took over a hour to accomplish. Iím retire military of 40yrs. Good Samís Club Member. I did not get any discount. Military, Senior, Good Samís AAA. Iím on a fixed income and was taken advantage of. There were over 18 employees at this location and I was the only customer. Iím very disappointed by this experience since I plan on upgrading to a 5th wheeler in the next year. Recommend you take a serious look at who you clientele is. Shame on you!!

Thank You for your Service!

Your experience with CW is unfortunately the norm.

I walked in there recently and felt like I was invisible. I got a bit irritated and actually yelled: "hey can anybody see me"? The manager walked over finally.

Geeee!

Such is life.

U.S.ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 06:27 PM   #24
Tundra 2014

Camper World

That is the last place I go for anything! Overpriced, horrible service and never have anything in stock. For Fort Worth TX. location, recently took out several displays of light bulbs and fixtures to put in pet toys. Made 3 trips tp P/U door friction piston, out for over a month. When I ask someone, was told they only carry 1 of each size. Ask to special order 1 for me, and call when it came in. First refused, never called.
Tundra 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 06:37 PM   #25

Camping World again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabbott View Post
Wanted to share this with you!

I would like to tell you of my experience with Camping World in Columbia GA. My young bride and myself recently retired. We have a 30 RKSS Puma TT. I cut a corner too short and broke a rim on the trailer. I stopped at the Camping World mentioned. First parts guy I asked for a replacement rim. He said they donít stock them and told me to go to Walmart or Goodyear. since the lot was full of RVís and TTís with spare tires not being used or going to be purchased this week. I went back in to talk to parts MGR. He would not look at me but kept working on his computer complain on year end payroll. I asked for Service MGR, who told me to talk to Sales MGR. She (Sunny) informed me that they can not take a spare off a used unit and order a replacement. But she would look into it. She spoke to everyone I spoke to and found a parts person who might have a tire in the back from a custom who ordered it and did not pick it up. They found one. Yea! Then I was quoted a price from parts guy of $198.00. After talking to service MGR the price went up to $303.20. Knowing that I needed it, That I could not travel without a spare tire. All this took over a hour to accomplish. Iím retire military of 40yrs. Good Samís Club Member. I did not get any discount. Military, Senior, Good Samís AAA. Iím on a fixed income and was taken advantage of. There were over 18 employees at this location and I was the only customer. Iím very disappointed by this experience since I plan on upgrading to a 5th wheeler in the next year. Recommend you take a serious look at who you clientele is. Shame on you!!
Sounds like Camping World again not helping the customer unless you give up the dollar after. Bull Feathers. I will drive another hour to not deal with Camping World.
almcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 07:14 PM   #26

Did that and he apologized for the service and they are working on better customer service. Period!
Jabbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 07:21 PM   #27

I have tried Truck&tire, Central tractor, Walmart's, RV centers and Discount tires centers. None in stock and would be several days before they would come in. Some places wouldn't mount and balance. Waiting till my final destination order a new rim (Amazon) and take it to a auto place to have mounted.

Jabbott is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, tire