Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2018, 07:24 PM   #1
Jertan19

Stoltzfus Rv in Adamstown, Pa

Just bought a Cedar Creek 31IK from Lee at Stoltfus rv. Low pressure and great price.
jertan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 07:37 PM   #2

We bought a Coachmen from them earlier this year and had the same experience. We were looking around at other dealers and some were very high pressure.

There was one, Campers Inn, had the same model but without the optional 8 cu ft fridge or the ladder. They wanted more, and when I told them I had a lower price at another dealer, they came down but didn't meet the price at Stoltzfus. Tried to convince me it was s good deal, more money less features. What??

Anyway, I would recommend Stoltzfus.
Jfkmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 05:07 AM   #3

I am just putting this out there for those who might be searching online for an RV dealer and run across the name “Stoltzfus” in their searches. They may remember this thread and the praise given for Stoltzfus RV and be misguided in their search by the name of the dealer:

Stoltzfus RV (in Adamstown, PA) is a great place. I have never dealt with them, but they are not far from me and I know many people who have used them for sales and service and I have not heard one complaint — only praise.

Something to be aware and cautious of, is there is another RV dealer, but in West Chester, PA, about 45 minutes away from Stoltzfus RV, named Stoltzfus RV & Marine.

THEY ARE NOT THE SAME PLACE!

Again, I have never dealt with Stoltzfus RV & Marine, but they are not far from me and I know many people who have used them for sales and service and all I have heard are complaints — no praise.

I hope this note helps somebody in the future.

Bruce
Old 09-09-2018, 06:06 AM   #4

I will also agree with this post, we bought our previous Cedar Creek from Lee and found them to be the easiest in the area to deal with, Just wish they sold our current brand so we could have dealt with them again.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 06:11 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
I am just putting this out there for those who might be searching online for an RV dealer and run across the name “Stoltzfus” in their searches. They may remember this thread and the praise given for Stoltzfus RV and be misguided in their search by the name of the dealer:

Stoltzfus RV (in Adamstown, PA) is a great place. I have never dealt with them, but they are not far from me and I know many people who have used them for sales and service and I have not heard one complaint — only praise.

Something to be aware and cautious of, is there is another RV dealer in West Chester, PA, about 45 minutes away from Stoltzfus RV, named Stoltzfus RV & Marine.

Again, I have never dealt with Stoltzfus RV & Marine, but they are not far from me and I know many people who have used them for sales and service and all I have heard are complaints — no praise.

Bruce
Bruce, good point! To clarify, we did purchase our rv at the Stoltzfus in Adamstown.
Jfkmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 06:28 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
I will also agree with this post, we bought our previous Cedar Creek from Lee and found them to be the easiest in the area to deal with, Just wish they sold our current brand so we could have dealt with them again.
Stoltzfus RV in Adamstown, PA has always seemed to me to be into selling and stocking (and maintaining) the higher quality RVs. I wonder if there is some sort of restriction keeping them from selling Riverstone. Their site was the first one I went to when I was interested in looking at Riverstone and I was shocked to find they don’t sell them.

Bruce
Old 09-09-2018, 08:12 AM   #7

Quote:
Stoltzfus RV in Adamstown, PA has always seemed to me to be into selling and stocking (and maintaining) the higher quality RVs. I wonder if there is some sort of restriction keeping them from selling Riverstone. Their site was the first one I went to when I was interested in looking at Riverstone and I was shocked to find they don’t sell them.

Bruce
They were approached and offered the line but I believe they felt it would be harder to move at the price point. They do well with the Cedar Creeks and feel the Champagne is at their highest price point for the area, they will also be the selling dealer at the Hershey show this year so that's great news for them. Tom Schaffer's up the road used to try and carry a higher line 5th wheel in the Carriage ( out of business now ) and then the Landmark but never seemed to do well with them. I guess it's all about knowing your market.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 08:23 AM   #8

Quote:

Something to be aware and cautious of, is there is another RV dealer, but in West Chester, PA, about 45 minutes away from Stoltzfus RV, named Stoltzfus RV & Marine.

Bruce
I haven't dealt with Stoltzfus Adamstown for anything major (other than a boat purchase 25 years ago). They have a good local reputation.

I have had service done, including major service, at Stoltzfus RV and Marine. I'll post a separate review for them.
2018 Chevy Spark
Formerly - 2007 Itasca Navion (Sold and gone)
Mr. October is offline   Reply With Quote