Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2012, 12:33 AM   #1

Yamaha Generator Supplier

I want to post a smoking deal that I just got. My wife wanted a generator and after a ton of research, I decided a Yamaha 2,000 watt generator (Yamaha Inverter EF2000iS) would suit my needs. I had a lot of people point me toward Wise Sales for a generator. Well after doing some research, I found they had a whole lot of negative feedback and unhappy customers. Their price was $989 for this generator with free shipping. I found another company named "National Supply" that had the same generator for $900 ($89 Cheaper) with free second day air shipping and the company also had good reviews. Now this was good enough for me and I was sold, but then I found out that they offered a 1,2 or 3 year extended warranty through Yamaha that was available. I purchased the three year extended warranty for $108. Now the generator has the original three year warranty, plus the three year extended warranty on it for a total of six years of warranty, again this is all through Yamaha. My grand total was $1008 for the generator. This is $19 more than the other company had the generator listed for and included a three year extended warranty. I ordered this generator on a Monday afternoon and had it Wednesday morning. It was double boxed with lots of nylon strapping and heavy copper staples. I do not have any affiliation with this company but just wanted to pass a good deal on to my fellow RVers. The website I purchased the generator from is yamahagenerators.com.

Moderators: If this post is not within Forum guidelines, please let me know and I will change the names to protect the innocent.
Maranatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #2

By the way, I received my generator and filled it with some Amsoil synthetic four stroke engine oil. It started on the first pull of the cord. I have been running it a little each day at different RPMs to break in the motor. I have run it about three hours and it is getting smoother and quieter. The first oil change is at 20 hours and then every 100 hours after that. I also have an hour meter on order so I can be more on top of maintenance intervals.
Maranatha is offline   Reply With Quote