Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #1
Here to Help

#2 Ask the Sabre & Silhouette Factory Rep. Read Post 1 first.

This thread is for Sabre & Silhouette specific questions; not general appliance, plumbing or electrical questions. For general questions, please use the appropriate tech forum.

I can help with:
1) Sabre & Silhouette construction questions
2) Sabre & Silhouette optional equipment questions
3) Sabre & Silhouette minor parts procurement
4) Sabre & Silhouette Factory liaison regarding warranty issues

In all these cases I will try to do my best to help. I do not surf the other threads. This thread needs to be used if you are looking for me to respond.

Thank you for being camping!
Old 08-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Your truly an asset Sam !
Keep up the great work !
Ron
Old 09-01-2012, 09:36 PM   #3

Hi Sam what is the acceptable water pressure for my 2013 sabre 32rcts.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:58 PM   #4
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zucrew01
Hi Sam what is the acceptable water pressure for my 2013 sabre 32rcts.
Dear customer
Are you asking me about the city water pressure? or the pressure from your pump?
Old 09-02-2012, 02:03 PM   #5

City water pressure
Old 09-02-2012, 03:14 PM   #6
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zucrew01
City water pressure
Dear customer
I will ask the plant Monday. Most customers I've spoke with run a regulator on the city water fill. Are you having problems? What pressure is at your campsite hookup?
Old 09-02-2012, 03:19 PM   #7

Thanks, yes I have low pressure at shower and sink. Dealer said that's normal. If I take my regulator off problem is gone. My regulator is 40-50 psi and the campground pressure is 60 psi. I also have the water filter option installed in my rv.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:21 AM   #8
Always Learning

Zucrew01... what kind of regulator are you using? I went from one of the $10 brass screw-ons to paying the obscene $100 for a good Watts regulator and am shocked at the amazing difference it's made (after just 1 trip out).
Old 09-04-2012, 08:33 AM   #9

Good point I am using a brass one paid about 30 bucks. I just ordered an adjustable one from camping world that I hope will help. I live in Canada and cannot seem to find the watts version.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:42 PM   #10
Always Learning

Zucrew - I ordered mine from here:
rvwaterfilterstore.com

The guy who runs it is really helpful and called me on a Sunday night to discuss shipping arrangements.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #11
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zucrew01 View Post
Thanks, yes I have low pressure at shower and sink. Dealer said that's normal. If I take my regulator off problem is gone. My regulator is 40-50 psi and the campground pressure is 60 psi. I also have the water filter option installed in my rv.
Dear Customer,
Per the plant they would like for you to try some trouble shooting:
1. Try pumping water from your holding tank and not city water fill.
a. If pressure is not a problem then, it has to be your regulator
b. If you still have the problem of low pressure at those locations, they suggest you check the water saver in the kitchen faucet and the shower head. Both can come apart to check for any type of material that might have gotten into those areas.

I hope this helps.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:59 PM   #12

Thanks everyone. The pump pressure is fine. So it has to be regulator. I will try the watts if it is recommended the best.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #13
Always Learning

When I put the unit into the storage lot this time, I disconnected the battery to keep it from running down from the parasitic draws on it. It was a minor hassle. To save myself time + effort, I've picked up a battery disconnect switch and would like to wire it in.

Can you tell me what gauge/type of wire is coming off of the battery? I'd like to get a piece of that to wire in the disconnect.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:35 PM   #14
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad
When I put the unit into the storage lot this time, I disconnected the battery to keep it from running down from the parasitic draws on it. It was a minor hassle. To save myself time + effort, I've picked up a battery disconnect switch and would like to wire it in.

Can you tell me what gauge/type of wire is coming off of the battery? I'd like to get a piece of that to wire in the disconnect.
I used 1/0 battery cable
Old 09-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #15

Slide Seals....HELP

Sam,been following you since you started on here....Great Job! Haven't posted on here because until today and 3 seasons with our 31RETS (2011) we have not had one single issue with our Sabre,and we Love it...! I"ll try to be short,we camp about 40 days a year and keep our Sabre at home in the parking area at home,it's stored in a heated garage at a friends from mid Oct.to mid April,when at home the passenger side sits facing South,it get late morning to late afternoon direct sun,and the slides (3) are always out,and we leave it plugged in,I wash it about once a month and keep it really nice,I went to wash it today as we are leaving on a small vacation,and as I ran a soft car wash brush on a pole across the top black rubber above the big slide the round part of the rubber just fell apart and split in two!The strangest thing is the rubber is not dry or cracking from age....it's like black "goo" when you touch it,it reminds me of the "byutle" (sp) we glued windshields in back in the 70s before urethane,checked the bed room slide on the same side and it's falling apart also,the slide on the curb side is fine and all the rubbers that are verticle on both side are fine,the "flap" or wiper ruber just below these upper slide rubbers are just fine also???? I have never treated the rubbers with anything other than just recently on the INSIDE only I wiped with 303 protectant,any ideas,or can you help,went out of warr.in May,just looking to get some new seals,Thanks Jack
Old 09-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #16
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Sounds like the uv rays killed your seals.
They can be ordered from your local dealer.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:49 AM   #17

Hi Sam,
We took delivery of our 2013 Sabre 32 RCTS 3 weeks ago and this is our first trip. One thing we noticed was the high amount of movement when we walk. I can be in the back of the unit and feel it move when my husband rolls over in bed. We have check the stabilizer jacks and have X chocks. We have seen slide stabilizers and want to know if they are recommended, won't cause damage to our unit and when to put them.

Thanks,

Kate
Old 09-07-2012, 09:04 AM   #18
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy127
Hi Sam,
We took delivery of our 2013 Sabre 32 RCTS 3 weeks ago and this is our first trip. One thing we noticed was the high amount of movement when we walk. I can be in the back of the unit and feel it move when my husband rolls over in bed. We have check the stabilizer jacks and have X chocks. We have seen slide stabilizers and want to know if they are recommended, won't cause damage to our unit and when to put them.

Thanks,

Kate
Have them on my sabre .
Well worth it !
Old 09-07-2012, 09:38 AM   #19
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Have them on my sabre .
Well worth it !
Do you mean you have slide stabilizers or something like (either: JT's StrongArms or UltraFab Eliminators or even SteadFast)?
Old 09-07-2012, 09:42 AM   #20
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad

Jack stabilizers

Do you mean you have slide stabilizers or something like (either: JT's StrongArms or UltraFab Eliminators or even SteadFast)?
Look in my profile albums.
Rears are bal stabilizers
Fronts are cargo locks I made into stabilizers.

Jt's or steady fast I'm sure work fine as do my bal's
Closed Thread

Tags
factory, sabre, warranty