Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2012, 06:54 AM   #1

2012 31-RETS-6 Bedroom slide seal

I had noticed my bedroom slide was moving in and out very slow but I think most all the bedroom slides are slow. I recently noticed the bottom seal on the left side (nearer the front of the trailer) was binding and tearing loose. The slide is not even all the way across the bottom. I can get my little finger underneath the bottom of the slide on the right side, it seems to be about 1/4" to 1/2" gap and the seal is "sweeping" like it should. On the left side it is probably only 1/16" from the bottom thus the tearing of the seal. Anyone had this problem? I wonder if there is an adjustment to the slide that will eliminate this situation? Looks like the seal is going to have to be replaced now. Any suggestions SabreSam?

ret2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #2
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ret2006
I had noticed my bedroom slide was moving in and out very slow but I think most all the bedroom slides are slow. I recently noticed the bottom seal on the left side (nearer the front of the trailer) was binding and tearing loose. The slide is not even all the way across the bottom. I can get my little finger underneath the bottom of the slide on the right side, it seems to be about 1/4" to 1/2" gap and the seal is "sweeping" like it should. On the left side it is probably only 1/16" from the bottom thus the tearing of the seal. Anyone had this problem? I wonder if there is an adjustment to the slide that will eliminate this situation? Looks like the seal is going to have to be replaced now. Any suggestions SabreSam?
Dear customer
If you send me a phone number and the last seven of your vin number, I will have a service tech give you a call. Please post your questions for me under the "ask the Sabre rep". It will help me answer quicker. Thanks for being a Sabre owner.
SabreSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:14 PM   #3
phat phrog stunt crew

just bought my 31 rets6 this saturday past, and now you have me worried. will look into to see if i have the same issue.
dwaynerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #4
Here to Help

Dear RET2006,
Did you get a call from my service department? Do we have a plan on how to get your problem resolved?
SabreSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreSam View Post
Dear RET2006,
Did you get a call from my service department? Do we have a plan on how to get your problem resolved?
Yes, Gary called me and said I should take it by the dealer for adjustment and seal replaced. I will be dropping it off in Lebanon, TN in the morning.

Thanks Sam & Gary, I really appreciate your response. I am glad to be a Sabre owner.

ret2006 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, bedroom slide