Old 04-11-2013, 07:15 AM   #1
2012 Sabre 31 RETS Bedroom Slide leak

Has anyone had problems with the bedroom slide leaking, while extended out, on 2012 Sabres? Mine is leaking on left side of bed, water runs down and soaks the floor right as you enter the bedroom. Seems to be coming in through a gap in the lower side and bottom sweep, where they meet. Had the lower seal/sweep replaced once. From looking at the 2013 Sabres looks like they have changed them a little, the sweeps look more sealed, fewer gaps. Hopefully the third trip back to the dealer will take care of it.

This is my third fifth wheel in the past 6 years, all three different manufacturers, this is the only one I have had leaks.
Any suggestions?

2014 Cedar Creek 34 RLSA-7
2015 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ SRW

ret2006 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:22 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Have not had any leaks on my 11 bhok
Bedroom slide or otherwise.

TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:27 AM   #3
Sorry to hear about the leak in your Sabre. We have not noticed any leaks in ours but will certainly keep our eyes on things to make sure we don't have the same problem as you indicated. Hope you get it fixed to your satisfaction soon.
Kevin & Janine
2006 Dodge 2500 Megacab CTD 2WD
2012 Palomino Sabre 32RCTS
Pullrite Superglide 16K Hitch
slide5r4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:32 AM   #4
Camper Less Camping
None here on our 2013 RCTS & hope it stays that way!
2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6 (sold)
Family of 4 whose always on the GEAUX!
Cajun Po-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:35 AM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

No leaks on my 2013 RCTS-6, but this happened the very first time I opened the slide after driving 300+ miles from the dealership. Staples were used to attach the large sweep to the bulkhead about 1/2 inch above the slide. Then the smaller seal slides into a track to cover the staples. I appeared that none of the staples full seated and almost all fo them were bent and did not penetrate the aluminium frame around the slide. All the other seals on the opposing slide in the living area and bedroom were good. I contacted SabreSam and he stated they no longer were using the staple method to attach the sweep and were using some other method to attach it. I purchased 3/8" hex head self tapping screws and rea attached the sweep. I have had no problems with leaks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Seal.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	27635  
John & April & "Scout"
2013 Sabre 32RCTS-6
Nights Camped 2013-(44)2014-(59)
Nights Camped 2015-(47)2016-23
BombDoc is online now   Reply With Quote