Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2012, 11:42 AM   #1
Camper Less Camping

2013 Sabre 32RCTS

Working with Dealer this week on ordering this unit...

Anyone have this model that could suggest any options to buy or not to buy based on your camping experience in this RV?
Does everyone enjoy the floor plan, especially the large bathroom design?

Old 07-31-2012, 03:11 PM   #2

We love the floor plan and the roomy Bath. Here are the options we ordered:
· 15,000 BTU air conditioner with Quick Cool
· Flip-down bike/utility rack with 450 lb. capacity
· Electric stabilizer jacks
· La-Z-Boy® recliner IPO swivel rocker chair
· Ceiling fan
· Upgraded slide-out fascia throughout
· Air mattress hide-a-bed sofa with linen drawer

When we met with the dealer to do the ordering, we learned that, besides the 3 big manditory "Packages" there were also several features that the website listed as options but were actually included.

Here is the list of "Manditory" options that were included in the base price:
· Solid surface galley countertop by LG®
· Free standing dinette with leaf extension and flip up storage (chairs include seat storage)
· 50 amp service with 2nd air conditioner ready with detachable marine power cord (Included because of the Washer/Dryer hookup std on the 32 RCTS)
· Trail Air® Equa-Flex™ suspension
· 16" E-rated, 8 lug Sumec® aluminum wheels with 6000 lb. axles

We also ordered the freestanding "Movable" island, that although is not listed as an option on the website, was on the list the dealer was working from.

..and we ordered Slide out toppers that were NOT on his list but with the help of SabreSam we were able to get them anyway. The cost from the factory was about 30% less that doing it as a dealer add-on.

We may be the only people on the planet that DID NOT order the fireplace. We much prefered to have the extra storage.

Hope this helps.
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
Working with Dealer this week on ordering this unit...

Anyone have this model that could suggest any options to buy or not to buy based on your camping experience in this RV?
Does everyone enjoy the floor plan, especially the large bathroom design?
I think my dealer in Lebanon, TN has one in stock. Was by there Friday and he has a good inventory. Great floor plan.

Sabre 2013 32RCTS

ret2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:04 PM   #4
Camper Less Camping

SimchaSabre...y'all not the only fireplace less rv roaming around, we're not getting it either, want the extra storage!
Thanks for the input

Old 07-31-2012, 05:42 PM   #5

Yeah!..we figured if we wanted to sit in front of a fire, we'd just go outside and build one to sit around.

Also...The wife wanted me to mention to you an un-advertised feature of the bathroom that she just loves. There is a heat floor vent in front of the shower and the furnance in right below the bathroom. The first time we used the camper the temp, dipped into the 30's and that heat sure felt good coming out of the shower.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:25 PM   #6
Camper Less Camping

Ditto on the camp fire!

Yep, we noticed the heat vent also in the bathroom, after our experience with our last rv...it was NO FUN going to the potty during winter camping!

Old 08-01-2012, 09:06 PM   #7

I am heading to RVW to pick up our 2013 Sabre 34TBOK this weekend. We opted out of the fireplace and selected many of the same options as you. Went with second AC as well. Anxious to take her out. Will be HUGE change from last TT.
demoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:19 PM   #8
Camper Less Camping

Enjoy!

Old 09-07-2012, 07:31 AM   #9

We took delivery of ours 3 weeks ago and have spent the last week in it. The one thing we ordered that I haven't seen mentioned is a 12 gallon water heater. That is wonderful! We did get the fireplace and although we haven't used it yet, we look forward to using electricity provided by the park to heat rather than our propane. As for the storage, I still have plenty that I haven't even touched yet..lol.

We have a few minor issues, a nick in the lineoleum and on the foot of the couch and the door doesn't close well on the microwave. But we bought from Dolney's and I saw here they have great service. We'll handle that stuff when we get home.

The only other thing is the movement of the camper. We feel everything. We are level and on a cement pad. We are going to look into slide jacks to see if that helps.

Other than that, we can't believe what a great trailer this is. We are so comfortable inside, we don't feel the need to go somewhere all the time.

Kate
poppy127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:44 AM   #10
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy127
We took delivery of ours 3 weeks ago and have spent the last week in it. The one thing we ordered that I haven't seen mentioned is a 12 gallon water heater. That is wonderful! We did get the fireplace and although we haven't used it yet, we look forward to using electricity provided by the park to heat rather than our propane. As for the storage, I still have plenty that I haven't even touched yet..lol.

We have a few minor issues, a nick in the lineoleum and on the foot of the couch and the door doesn't close well on the microwave. But we bought from Dolney's and I saw here they have great service. We'll handle that stuff when we get home.

The only other thing is the movement of the camper. We feel everything. We are level and on a cement pad. We are going to look into slide jacks to see if that helps.

Other than that, we can't believe what a great trailer this is. We are so comfortable inside, we don't feel the need to go somewhere all the time.

Kate
We stayed with the 10gal when we ordered as we've done well with even a smaller size in a TT with four camping but this is a nice feature they offer.

When you say you have a lot of movement, do you have the X Chocks between the tires, we use these and they help greatly in stabilizing all the rocking in the camper.
Just curious to know...if we need to plan other stabilizer gear to get the rv solid.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:03 AM   #11

We do have X chocks. We are going to find out what what the manufacturer recommends and if they do, where to put them. One other thing I forgot to mention, (I just got out of the shower), the shower head is terrible. We ordered the new one after I got out of the shower for the first time. It will be at the house when we get home.
Since I'm talking about the bathroom..I probably should have ordered it without the toothbrush holder, soap dish and towel ring. We will be removing these and putting in a shelf. Our toothbrushes are too big for the hold and we use liquid soap, and Kleeenex hand towels. Also, we need to possibly move the towel rack since the towel sits right against the toilet. And add another towel rack. Then the bathroom will be perfect.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:23 AM   #12
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
We do have X chocks. We are going to find out what what the manufacturer recommends and if they do, where to put them. One other thing I forgot to mention, (I just got out of the shower), the shower head is terrible. We ordered the new one after I got out of the shower for the first time. It will be at the house when we get home.
Since I'm talking about the bathroom..I probably should have ordered it without the toothbrush holder, soap dish and towel ring. We will be removing these and putting in a shelf. Our toothbrushes are too big for the hold and we use liquid soap, and Kleeenex hand towels. Also, we need to possibly move the towel rack since the towel sits right against the toilet. And add another towel rack. Then the bathroom will be perfect.
Let us know what they recommend for further stabilizing the Sabre as I and others would be interested

Old 09-08-2012, 01:49 PM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:

Kate
They don't recommend slide jacks just an fyi
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:06 PM   #14

Shower Head.

We also replaced the shower head in our 32 RCTS with a new one (from Midland RV) and also added a stainless steel hose which makes use much easier.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:39 PM   #15
Camper Less Camping

Just got word our unit came offline at the factory, being delivered to our Dealer by Sept. 22nd...just in time for our fall camping season!
Though our "season" here in the Southeast is year round

Old 09-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #16

Great news! Let us know how you like it!

Kate

Current Camper: 2013 Sabre 32-RCTS-6
Nights Camped in 2012: 11

Nights Camped in 2013: 21
Old 09-10-2012, 05:47 PM   #17

We are going to get JT's strong arms. About $300.00 so not too bad but will wait til next year's camping season.

Old 09-10-2012, 05:50 PM   #18
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
We are going to get JT's strong arms. About $300.00 so not too bad but will wait til next year's camping season.
Why jt's out of coursity ?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:31 AM   #19

Poppy127,

It seems we have much in common: both in Michigan, both have the same Sabre model purchased from the same dealer. Just curious..where do you camp?

We mostly stay in-state as we are both still working and usually at state parks. As you probably know, MI has so many great SP's that we try to camp at at least one new one each year. But also have our favorites, Like Ludington and Traverse City. We inlcude Bay City SP on our favorites list because it is a nice park and only 30 min away....In fact will be there this weekend. We need to take the camper back to Dolney for some quick warranty work so we figured we will just stay in the neigborhood for the wekend. Great loc for a quick getaway.

Enjoy your 32 RCTS.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:19 PM   #20

We also love SP's. And we are about 2 miles from Bay City SP. It is possible we actually looked at your camper before ordering ours. Brandon mentioned two guys came in, one ordered his camper and the other one took the one on the lot.

We love Interlochen State Park but haven't been to Traverse City. We'll try that next year. Next weekend we are thinking about Caseville. Let's hope the weather keeps up.

Kate