Old 09-09-2013, 09:53 PM   #1

2013 sabre 36qbok NIGHTMARE!

Just wondering if anyone has experienced any problems with their 36qbok? finally got ours back on Friday, which was September 6, and dropped it off at the dealer (won't say names, but its in Rockford, Il) on July 24th for its 3rd outdoor kitchen door among other things. it has been repainted due to a lot of paint defects from factory, had half a dozen staples sticking out of the walls, leaking water lines, bent tv antenna, both entry steps replaced, curtain shades were ripped, sink plugs missing, j wrap dented and replaced, and a few other things. everything but the outdoor kitchen door was fixed within a couple weeks except the outdoor kitchen door. my dealer said its "a palomino/forest river issue" on why it took so long to get the door. he said they don't have spare doors laying around and that they had to ''work into the assembly line'' to get me a new one. ive lost out in about $100 in deposits at campgrounds and my salesman could just tell me sorry. I got a call last Thursday saying it was done. left Friday and got there about noon to pick it up and low and behold the door just didn't seem right when I opened it. the new brackets were already bent and I couldn't get the refridgerator door to open more than 6'' before it would rub on the outside door. walked in and got the service manager and showed him and he just said sorry but fixed it for me......3 hours later I was able to leave. they had a 150 pound strut on the left side and a 60 pound on the right. now its got two 60 pound struts on it and I don't even know if that's right but all I got from my dealer was a verbal apology.......and that's b.s. in my opinion. does anybody know who I can talk to from sabre about this? thanks.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:07 PM   #2
Fulltime family RVer

Wow- I feel for you. I think your dealer is a large part of the problem (or so I guess). Doesn't make it right or OK. But, hopefully FR can help you get in contact with another service facility if you need more help.

I will say- our refrigerator door contacts our outside kitchen door unless we push it up "just that much more". There are scrapes where the door slides against it. But, I never thought twice about it since we could get it to open. We've also had various staples pop- I just tapped them with a hammer because the spots that they "covered" are obvious anyway. I had one water leak that I was able to resolve. (My dealer is 120 miles away- I've tried not going back. Worked out- when I finally did go back, they were less than "stellar".)

The warranty contact at Sabre is Gary Grigsby according to the attached link in this post:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post442920

I've swapped emails with him a couple of times. He's been helpful so far. My 36QBOK is going back shortly due to a slideout issue in the bunkhouse that the dealer can't fix (they can't even get my camper into their service building!).

Old 09-09-2013, 11:01 PM   #3
phat phrog stunt crew

sadly it seems that once the check clears (big check most often), the customer is on their own.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:28 AM   #4
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsaunders113 View Post
Just wondering if anyone has experienced any problems with their 36qbok? finally got ours back on Friday, which was September 6, and dropped it off at the dealer (won't say names, but its in Rockford, Il) on July 24th for its 3rd outdoor kitchen door among other things. it has been repainted due to a lot of paint defects from factory, had half a dozen staples sticking out of the walls, leaking water lines, bent tv antenna, both entry steps replaced, curtain shades were ripped, sink plugs missing, j wrap dented and replaced, and a few other things. everything but the outdoor kitchen door was fixed within a couple weeks except the outdoor kitchen door. my dealer said its "a palomino/forest river issue" on why it took so long to get the door. he said they don't have spare doors laying around and that they had to ''work into the assembly line'' to get me a new one. ive lost out in about $100 in deposits at campgrounds and my salesman could just tell me sorry. I got a call last Thursday saying it was done. left Friday and got there about noon to pick it up and low and behold the door just didn't seem right when I opened it. the new brackets were already bent and I couldn't get the refridgerator door to open more than 6'' before it would rub on the outside door. walked in and got the service manager and showed him and he just said sorry but fixed it for me......3 hours later I was able to leave. they had a 150 pound strut on the left side and a 60 pound on the right. now its got two 60 pound struts on it and I don't even know if that's right but all I got from my dealer was a verbal apology.......and that's b.s. in my opinion. does anybody know who I can talk to from sabre about this? thanks.
Dear Lsaunders
I am very sorry for the issues. You can send me a PM and let me know what or how you would like some assistance and I will try to help.

Sabresam
Old 09-12-2013, 08:00 AM   #5
Trefty

Hello, new 36 qbok owner here as we'll. we had ours three weeks and all was going well until Labor Day holiday. We noticed when we bought the camper that the outdoor kitchen door was very hard to close, in fact my wife could not do it. On our second night, closing everything up for bed the out door kitchen door busted out every rivet along the top henge when I closed it and the door (80 or so lbs) fell back on me but got caught by the struts before it fell on my feet. There is an inherent design flaw here, no scientist to figure that one out. I dropped at the dealer last week, they were pretty tight lipped and just worked up a service order. I called yesterday, five weeks for the door to be fixed! Said it is a custom fab job, ok I get that. @ the sabre guy, I'm very very concerned this will happen again. What will be done differently this time around? I am concerned about the safety obviously and the fact I spent the better part of 4 hours driving to some small town to get a rivet gun so I could fix enough to get home from our trip without the door flying off.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:36 AM   #6

if it's the dealer off Harrison I would think hard about buying from them. I had a bad experience trying to buy a camper from them I ended up walking away. As far as service I think all dealer service is not the great. I tried a mobile rv repair guy and that didn't go well either so I don't know what the answer is other than learning how to do my own repairs.

http://www.facebook.com/WestAllisSunshiners
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:56 PM   #7
Trefty

Guess this one went dead, man I sure hope I didn't make. 40k mistake...
Old 09-16-2013, 10:27 PM   #8

not mentioning names but yeah its a big facility right by the cherry valley mall and the service is terrible. there is one guy there in the shop that got me going and he was decent. he's the one who caught the 150 pound shock on the door which would be why the door was breaking off at the hinge because there was to much pressure. we've camped the last two weekends and luckily everything has gone smoothly and camping again this weekend. just really sucks that everytime I want to open and close the door to the o.d. kitchen I just have to worry if its going to snap off or not. I notice on some of the other 5 wheelers that they have the slam latches on the o.d. kitchen doors and longer and thicker brackets that the shocks are mounted to on the door. its apparent they know theres a flaw with these doors and that's why they are changing them.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:07 PM   #9
Trefty

Update on our kitchen , entire frame and door replaced. 60 lb struts both sides, it had 90's which is what blew out the door. Opens nice now and closes easily with one hand refrig opens all the way now. Dealer handled it very professionally.

Tags
2013, sabre