Old 07-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #41

KLMBoxer, what did you end up doing?

Old 07-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash76 View Post
KLMBoxer, what did you end up doing?
I decided to sit here and listen to all of the problems people are having. We wouldn't actually be purchasing until next year, so I am just researching and taking it all in for now. Also doing the same for the F150 ecoboost. Bottom line... still back and forth on the Solaire.

Old 07-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #43

In the past week my wife and I purchased an EcoBoost and a 317BHSK Eclipse so I hope that I have nothing bad to report in the weeks following 8/2 which is when we pickup our camper.

So far I am loving the EcoBoost. It is our first truck so it's a bit of a change but so far so good. I will have basically the same setup that SPPD has.

Good luck with your decision. I will try to get back on here and post my opinion of the Solaire after a couple of trips.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:03 PM   #44

Yep, I've seen SPPD on the f150 forums, too. It sounds like Ford is in the process of resolving any issues with the earlier ecoboost models, and I don't think I've read about any problems with the newer (2013 and newer) models. Good choice. In the meantime, I'll be following the Solaire and hoping that FR hears the people's cries for better QC. It appears that there are quite a few common issues that they could easily correct with a follow up inspection. Just my $.02. Then again, I have been QC all my working life.