Old 03-05-2015, 06:53 PM   #11
Broke and happy

My 340rk had a factory trip for delamination. Had a score of other problem, all minor including greasy brakes, cabinets by refrigerator dismounting, torn slider seal, vacumn, fender bracing, electrical ac line to tv connection, theater chairs fix, stairs loose, door frame fix. But after a year of fixing, it's right, and I am happy I got a great rig.

Old 03-06-2015, 08:20 AM   #12

Over the past two years, the quality issues and especially factory service and/or communication have remained consistently poor. Why does it take 4-6 months to get parts? Why is there no Columbus factory rep participating in the Forum?

The Columbus floorplans and units themselves are sound; it’s the execution from the factory that leaves much to be desired.

Yes, you will have problems with any RV and buying one is a gamble on whether you will be lucky enough to get a good one or not. However, purely the number of higher severity issues coming from the Columbus line, would suggest much greater odds that you will get a bad one.

Old 03-07-2015, 01:33 PM   #13

We have a 2014, 340RK and it has been out of service for more time than we have used it. I am currently waiting for the factory to come pick it up so the floor can be repaired because somehow they forgot to put in floor bracing. In addition the axle springs have broken and I am still waiting to be reimbursed for repairs along with numerous other issues from small to major. I will never purchase another and I may trade those as soon as it gets returned. I've been waiting for several months for them to pick it up so who knows when I will get it back. I have been extremely disappointed with service support, repairs and almost everything. It's to bad because we do like the unit, but I am afraid what will break next in the future.
jeb182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 02:09 PM   #14

We have 2013 340 RK. Have owned it for two years. Has been in the shop / factory for 1 year. This latest trip it went back in Oct. 2014. As of last week still not in shop.

"DON'T FORCE IT - GET A BIGGER HAMMER'
"Paul & Laurie"
2013 Columbus 340 RK
2013 F350 Dually 6.7 Diesel
Paul M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 11:55 AM   #15

We had to wait 4.5 months on minor parts for 2015 Columbus 320 but I discovered it was my dealer's fault & not the factory. The owner & parts manager never had the same story. I showed them an email from the factory rep stating no parts had been ordered for my 'C' & asked them for an order number to dispute the email. They couldn't produce the order number & received the parts 2 wks later. Fortunately we could still use our RV during the wait.
2011 Ram Laramie 2500 CC 4X4 6.7 Cummins
2015 Columbus 320RS
"Where ever you go, there you are" Buckaroo Banzai
Goukcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 12:11 PM   #16
Broke and happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
We have 2013 340 RK. Have owned it for two years. Has been in the shop / factory for 1 year. This latest trip it went back in Oct. 2014. As of last week still not in shop.
Paul sure hope you get yours for Spring. I believe all my bugs are fixed. hard to beleive your rig is still in Limbo.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:07 AM   #17

2014/2015 Columbus owners; how is the quality?

I have a 2014 385BH we bought new in April 2014 and I would buy it again. We have made 5 trips to the Smokeys and 4 or 5 local trip with just very minor problems. It's like any RV your dealer can make or break the way you feel about your camper. We had a front a/c make noise and dealer replaced it and one of the fender flares cracked and they replaced it and that's about it. I would say that we have put 4500-5000 miles on it.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 03-15-2015, 09:32 AM   #18

ac issues

Does anybody have a dometic ac that really works? I purchased a new 325rl in november the ac units have never worked it has been to the shop twice and still no ac.It cost me a minimum of $800 a day to put it in the shop because i use it for my work. Any sugestions???????
Old 03-15-2015, 07:33 PM   #19

We own a 2013 320RS and the only time it was in the shop was to grease and check seals in axles. We haven't had but one or two small issues that the dealer took care of immediately.

We would definitely buy another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 03-16-2015, 11:40 AM   #20

My in-laws had their Dometic AC into the dealer 3 times & it still didn't work. They took it to a different dealer & they identified the problem in 15 min. We were fortunate to arrive just as the tech was getting ready for lunch break. Since they were out of state; he actually worked their job during his lunch hour. That tech stated the roof mount AC's only had a few different parts that can prevent proper function & any good tech should be able to diagnose the defective part.

2011 Ram Laramie 2500 CC 4X4 6.7 Cummins
2015 Columbus 320RS
"Where ever you go, there you are" Buckaroo Banzai
Goukcats is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, columbus, quality