Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2013, 06:02 AM   #21
Always Learning

My cargo carrying capacity is 4,297 per my door sticker. As well, my GVWR is 12,300 pounds.

My first weighing of the season (no propane, no groceries, no water except for minimal in waste water tanks) put my truck at 11,500 pounds. My most recent weighing and likely heaviest load scenario was a month ago now and was just prior to a 3-week trip with an extra adult along with us; truck came to 12,000 pounds.

I'm curious how you know you have 500 pounds left over when you haven't weighed. Is this just an estimate?
Old 09-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #22
Oklahoma Proud

Op. I want to know where the one you found is. Lol

I looked at one at my dealer a couple months ago with platinum package, jt stabilizers and 2nd ac prep and im sure a few others and thier internet price was $48-47k they said I could get for about $41k - without me haggling. I loved it. We will probably order one in a month or 4 and want one like you seen, but also want the super lounge, double pane windows, platinum package and everything else.
We had good luck with our 2013 puma 5er, which is the little brother of sabre, so I will expect the same quality with a little prettier and on a little bit of a larger scale.
Im excited thinking about it
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:48 PM   #23

I have since found a better deal...

2014 model still at the factory so we get to choose interior colors and add-on options at the factory which is cheaper. They have made a few changes on the fall models. The couch with the air mattress is replaced with a tri-fold couch. The shower is now a one piece fiberglass. They now include a 5 function remote. They have added 5 new interior color options: pebble, pewter, mink, bark, and khaki. Mink, bark and pebble come in leather.

The one we plan on getting has the superior construction and feature package, hi fidelity package, two ACs (15 and 13.5 BTU), 450 lb. bike carrier, solid surface counter tops with extensions, leather sofa (actually 2 since we are putting one in the back instead of the lower bunk), 12 gallon water heater, Serta mattress upgrade, Beaufloor Plankwood flooring, 4 awning slide toppers, Platinum package and the Fall savings package (central vac, ceiling fan, 16" Aluminum wheels, upgraded axles with Equa-flex suspension, Trail Air Rotoflex rubberized pin box, JT strong arm front jack stabilizers, electric rear jacks), all hoses, batteries, full lp gas, and 30 day temp tags.

We are at $41,500 plus tax. They are small dealership (not a high volume Internet dealer) which I think is a plus. You can PM me if you are interested in checking their prices.
RadColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:15 PM   #24
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadColt View Post
12 gallon water heater
Out of all of that, I focus on the 12 gallon water heater. We upgraded to the 10 gallon one and have never ran out of hot water during a shower! Now, we did have one person get one after my teenage niece took a long shower- but I doubt even a home water heater could have kept up with it!
Old 09-03-2013, 11:17 PM   #25
Oklahoma Proud

Wow! That is good.
-The main internet dealer that has these, quoted me $46+k for exactly like you had but minus pin box, plus king bed serta, and super lounge. Oh and I think I added the black streak eliminator thinngy that they offered.
And then I think it would be $1700 for shipping since im 1,000 miles away.
I know my dealer can beat their price for sure.

I'll pm in a minute.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Out of all of that, I focus on the 12 gallon water heater. We upgraded to the 10 gallon one and have never ran out of hot water during a shower! Now, we did have one person get one after my teenage niece took a long shower- but I doubt even a home water heater could have kept up with it!
Funny stuff. Looking forward to joining the Sabre club. I put my deposit down today and will be picking it up Oct. 2.
RadColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #27

Quote:

Funny stuff. Looking forward to joining the Sabre club. I put my deposit down today and will be picking it up Oct. 2.
Congrats! Here's to all the sleepless nights, waiting, waiting, waiting....

jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:22 PM   #28

Quote:

Congrats on the new Sabre purchase and welcome to the "family".....the wait will seem like forever but it is worth the wait!

Time for you to post to a new thread now.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ere-26323.html

And to get some mod ideas (and ways to spend even more money)

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ead-35872.html
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:04 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5verdriver View Post
I know this topic has been beaten to death, but don't assume just because it's a QBOK you 'need' a dually. Unless you have money to burn, you'll be just fine with a SRW setup. This summer was our first year with ours and logged over 4000 miles (Maine to Florida) and had ZERO issues with a SRW and short bed. It is also my everyday driver and when you throw in the cost of tires, brakes, rims, xtra fuel, and the pain of taking up almost two parking spaces at a shopping center, not to mention the upfront extra cost, then go for it. I can honestly tell you that while we were camping at Ft. Wilderness (Disney) last month, the larger 5th wheel's were being towed with mostly (3:1) SRW from all over the country. Just my opinion, but it is based on facts.
More than just the cargo capacity, its the total trailer weight rating. The SRW F350, while it has plenty of payload, is rated to tow 15,900 lbs (in a crew cab 4x4). If you bump up to DRW that goes up to 22,200lbs. Based on some of the scaled weights I have seen for this camper you can easily creep up on the 15,900 figure especially if you run the camper at its gross weight of 15,825. Technically yes, you do still have 75lbs of wiggle room until you hit the tow rating of the SRW but I'd rather have the extra peace of mind with the DRW.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #30
Oklahoma Proud

Hey anybody have the side by side fidge option. Just got option list from my dealer and that option is $1795 dealer price, and retail is $2603. I think it would be nice but pricy. We will probably have on a seasonal site and be there most every weekend in the summer.

So what say yall?
Old 09-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #31
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Hey anybody have the side by side fidge option. Just got option list from my dealer and that option is $1795 dealer price, and retail is $2603. I think it would be nice but pricy. We will probably have on a seasonal site and be there most every weekend in the summer.

So what say yall?
Is it a residential fridge? Or is it still a 2-way fridge?

I know lots of people have the residential ones, I'm just not sure how enthusiastic about them that I am.

A side by side fridge- I'm curious how they're fitting it all in!
Old 09-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #32

Probably eliminate the pull out slide pantry to fit, not much wider but a bit.
5 hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #33
Oklahoma Proud

Yes from what ive seen there is not the pull out pantry, but not for sure. And im assuming it is dual powered, I know its built in not like a park model. Ive seen montanas with them.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #34
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Yes from what ive seen there is not the pull out pantry, but not for sure. And im assuming it is dual powered, I know its built in not like a park model. Ive seen montanas with them.
I would have to see a picture... I don't think losing the pantry would be worth it.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:11 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post

I would have to see a picture... I don't think losing the pantry would be worth it.
Between the inside and outside fridges we have never not had enough room for the cold stuff! If we were staying somewhere for months at a time it would be a different story. But then again I would go to a grocery store and reload if necessary.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:23 PM   #36
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCCowboy View Post
Between the inside and outside fridges we have never not had enough room for the cold stuff! If we were staying somewhere for months at a time it would be a different story. But then again I would go to a grocery store and reload if necessary.
We've gotten snug on having enough stuff. We almost always have a 2 1/2 gallon container of water in the inside fridge on the bottom shelf- so that takes up a fair amount of space. Our outside fridge is commonly packed with drinks and has very little room for food. Plus, it goes off while we travel and I'm not usually plugged into 120v power here at home.

We are usually good for 5-6 days worth of food and just plan on making quick grocery trips for our longer stays.

A larger fridge would be nice sometimes (we do 1-week trips regularly). But not at the cost of what we might lose to get it.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:36 PM   #37
Oklahoma Proud

Ok here is a pic of the 12cu ft side by side (this is in a 34RLQS that our dealer has) I had a hard time finding any pics of sbs fridges on the internet.
Im not real worried about loosing the pantry space- we would be getting alot more room than we had in our 34', 2-slide Puma 5er and a basement to boot!
- but main reason is the boss (dw) wants more freezer space, but we'll see. (She doesnt have to pay for it)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130905_183627.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	39327  
Old 09-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #38
Oklahoma Proud

Also any thoughts on the super lounge couch, I think I saw pics of bjlowe or someone who had one. Like it, hate it, dont know?
Heres a pic
Btw- this color is greystone

Name:	ForumRunner_20130905_184439.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	39328

Name:	ForumRunner_20130905_184454.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	39329

Name:	ForumRunner_20130905_184510.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	39330

Name:	ForumRunner_20130905_184539.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	39331
Old 09-05-2013, 06:59 PM   #39
Always Learning

User bjlowe has one and seems to like it:
post about it 1
post about it 2

Not my cup o' tea.

Plus with 4 table bases- I'd have to come up with a plug for them. We used tub stoppers for our bunkhouse ones until the little one came along and decided they were fun to pull and chew on.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:17 PM   #40

It is completely personal preference. I am with ependydad on this. Not my cup of tea. I have had a regular 2 bench table, the dinette, and went with the u shaped dinette in our QBOK. Like it the most followed by the dinette.

Tags
sabre