Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2013, 02:53 PM   #1

2014 Sabre 36QBOK

Just looked at one of these beauties today at our local dealer. Fully loaded with second AC, slide awning covers, upgraded suspension, and more. I was suprised that they priced it not to much more than some of the Internet dealers, plus the dealer adds another year to the warranty.

I would like thoughts on build, quality, problems, etc.

Thanks.
RadColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:02 PM   #2
Always Learning

LOVE my 2013. Have had it for a year with minimal problems.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:41 PM   #3

Love my 34tbok. Very well built, and awesome little extras! Camped next to 2010 Sabre this weekend. The guy said they spend about 1/2 the year in out full time, and have had minimal issues
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadColt View Post
Just looked at one of these beauties today at our local dealer. Fully loaded with second AC, slide awning covers, upgraded suspension, and more. I was suprised that they priced it not to much more than some of the Internet dealers, plus the dealer adds another year to the warranty.

Thanks.
I wish my dealer would get one in so I can take a look at one in person.
Only problem is I need a new truck before I can pick one of these up.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:22 PM   #5
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsey View Post

I wish my dealer would get one in so I can take a look at one in person.
Only problem is I need a new truck before I can pick one of these up.
Go for the diesel...last truck you'll have to buy!

Old 08-31-2013, 11:30 PM   #6
Always Learning

I love my RAM dually. :-)
Old 09-01-2013, 06:18 AM   #7

Another thumbs up for the 36qbok....we love ours! It is a beast though!!
bluflame11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:58 AM   #8

Love our 36QBOK (and the F350 dually we pull it with)! We are on our second Sabre and love them!
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:05 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Po-Boy View Post
Go for the diesel...last truck you'll have to buy!
Helmsey has a Diesel now, said he needs a new one! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:20 AM   #10

SAVE YOUR MONEY, the trailer seem very nice but take a look at the problems i have had and the terrible customer service you get.

36qbok tires rubbing slide drive shaft - Page 6 - Forest River Forums
hep100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadColt View Post

Thanks.
Two years on our sabre and just love it.
We are actually in the market to buy a new sabre we're so confident in there product and support.
We've had some minor issues along the way but nothing that wasn't taken care of promptly and satisfactory!
Recently just did a factory tour and I was amazed at how they build these units.
Remember these are houses on wheels.

Love my sabre!

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:50 AM   #12

Couldn't have said it better myself! That is the same reason we are on our second Sabre! Was a no brainer for us.
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Helmsey has a Diesel now, said he needs a new one! Youroo!!
Yep, I need one with wider hips in the rear
Old 09-01-2013, 01:17 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hep100 View Post
SAVE YOUR MONEY, the trailer seem very nice but take a look at the problems i have had and the terrible customer service you get.

36qbok tires rubbing slide drive shaft - Page 6 - Forest River Forums
Hep, I read your post and feel bad for you. Unfortunately, every manufacturer we have looked at will have a forum thread with some sort of issue. For instance, we love the Prime Time slide out bunkhouse model with the king bed, but there are a lot a complaints about the bunkhouse slide out bottoms wearing out prematurely on the 2013 and 2014 models. It sounds like most Sabre customers are really satisfied. I hope your situation gets resolved.
RadColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:20 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmsey View Post
yep, i need one with wider hips in the rear :d
why??
2006 HarleyDavidson RoadKing Classic
5verdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:39 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5verdriver View Post
why??
I need the cargo capacity of the dually, my 3/4 ton just won't do it for this size rig.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:37 PM   #17

unfortunatley Frame issues affect all manufacturers
5 hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:39 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsey View Post
I need the cargo capacity of the dually, my 3/4 ton just won't do it for this size rig.
I know this topic has been beaten to death, but don't assume just because it's a QBOK you 'need' a dually. Unless you have money to burn, you'll be just fine with a SRW setup. This summer was our first year with ours and logged over 4000 miles (Maine to Florida) and had ZERO issues with a SRW and short bed. It is also my everyday driver and when you throw in the cost of tires, brakes, rims, xtra fuel, and the pain of taking up almost two parking spaces at a shopping center, not to mention the upfront extra cost, then go for it. I can honestly tell you that while we were camping at Ft. Wilderness (Disney) last month, the larger 5th wheel's were being towed with mostly (3:1) SRW from all over the country. Just my opinion, but it is based on facts.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #19
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5verdriver View Post
I know this topic has been beaten to death, but don't assume just because it's a QBOK you 'need' a dually. Unless you have money to burn, you'll be just fine with a SRW setup. This summer was our first year with ours and logged over 4000 miles (Maine to Florida) and had ZERO issues with a SRW and short bed. It is also my everyday driver and when you throw in the cost of tires, brakes, rims, xtra fuel, and the pain of taking up almost two parking spaces at a shopping center, not to mention the upfront extra cost, then go for it. I can honestly tell you that while we were camping at Ft. Wilderness (Disney) last month, the larger 5th wheel's were being towed with mostly (3:1) SRW from all over the country. Just my opinion, but it is based on facts.
First, "and the pain of taking up almost two parking spaces at a shopping center" - I only take up more than 1 spot almost anywhere because of the crew cab/long bed. I'm in a suburban area and even with these narrow spots rarely take up 2 spots width-wise. That's opinion, not fact.

The "facts" get sketchy when you start talking about the "ratings" of a truck. In my factual opinion, a DRW is required when you're going to be exceeding any of the ratings published by the truck's manufacturer (including GVWR). While many consider these "lawyer" stickers and choose to exceed them, in my book, they're still published ratings and may be what saves your bacon when something goes wrong (for instance, sinking the camper in the mud and having the truck in more mud due to my idiotic parking abilities that day).

Given the weights of my family, our stuff, truck and GVWR- for the 2012 Ram, I needed a DRW truck to be within the GVWR.

Have you weighed your setup? Are you within all ratings of your truck with your SRW (GVWR, GAWR- front and rear) and tire load capacity)?
Old 09-03-2013, 05:47 AM   #20

what exactly is your cargo capacity on your dually? My SRW has a #3617 cargo cap.
After all is said and done, I still have roughly #500 to play with when I'm fully loaded and on the road.
No, as far as scales go, the only chance I had on our trip was a Pilot but it was like 2am and passengers sleeping, I will one of these days maybe.
I truly believe, some people go the extra and buy the dually for 'piece of mind' more than anything, but that could be because of the lack of confidence or experience perhaps. Which BTW is fine.
Still, numbers done lie. The numbers of large 5'ers (>38') are mostly pulled with SRW...that IS a fact, doesn't mean it's right or wrong, just that SRW are preferred over dually's. Trust me, I work everyday on the Interstate highway and I do notice what's out there.
Not trying to argue, just a debate is all. And I get the lawyer tags etc, but I think your referring to the Jeep Wranglers out there pulling 18' TT's....yup saw one last Friday.

Tags
sabre