Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2016, 09:02 AM   #1

2015 Solaire 315RLTSEK sldie problems

Has anyone else had major slide problems on this model? I was told the slide are too heavy for the existing configuration after it had been in the shop for over a month. Still don't have it back. It all started when i took it in because one of the slide floors was falling out. The dealership has been good keeping me updated, but I cannot get any response from Forest River, phone calls or email.
surf267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 10:07 PM   #2
RV Enthusiast since 1978

Red face

If you have the Schwintek brand Slide System ( has two gear rails on each side of each slide) versus the traditional thru the chassis frame gear drive Slide System.....there have been some problems experienced from heavier larger slide boxes with the Schwintek because of weight or if the box was not constructed to exact spec to allow for a straight and even in and out operation. The Schwintek depends on smooth running rollers under the box floor to glide in and out with the two upper track motors keeping the box sides coming in straight versus one side coming in at a different distance then compared to the other. If that happens the box will come in crooked. I have heard of another Solaire with a slide floor coming a part because of this. We have a 2013 269 BHDSK with the Schwintek system and have had no issues because the boxes slide in and out properly since day one. I would suggest that you contact Palomino RV directly and continue working with your local dealer to get your situation resolved, especially if you have the schwintek slide system. It's a good system if the slide boxes are built properly and the the schwintek is installed properly. Good Luck with your repairs. Lou

.....the big rolling turd II is back in the driveway for another season of travels!

Glendale 290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 10:22 PM   #3

Schwintek also requires holding the switch an additional 4-5 seconds after retracting/extending to maintain synchrony between the motors.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Pill Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:27 AM   #4

Thanks for the info. My biggest issue is they know it's a problem but keep building trailer the same way and making the customer suffer through shop time. Also trying to get a response from forest river is impossible, horrible customer service. If the dealership has to wait almost a week to hear from them I'm not impressed.
Old 04-11-2016, 02:49 PM   #5

We are very close to purchasing this same model. we decided this model against the heritage glen 272rl. Little concerned with your slide issue. were any other symptoms leading up to the failure that you might have noticed before noticing the floor? Any update from forest river or your dealer?
Thanks.
Eric
Ewehrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 08:41 PM   #6

The only other symptoms were the slides opened and closed slowly and sometimes didn't close completely. Still waiting on parts for whatever forest river thinks will fix it. Love the trailer but not a fan of the schwintec slides, no backup mechanism to open and close if you don't have power. Not a fan of forest river's support on this issue. Still can't get a response from them. Now missing my third trip that I have to get a hotel for when I have a $40k trailer. Already shopping for a replacement.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:52 PM   #7

What slide is giving you the problem? Is it the bedroom slide with the schwintec system? That's the only slide with that system on this model right?
Old 04-12-2016, 08:54 AM   #8

The trailer has 3 slides, 1 super slide with couch and dinette, 1 kitchen and 1 small in bedroom. All 3 will not close completely. the living room slide was the reason i brought it in, floor falling out. The dealership noticed all 3 weren't closed when we dropped it off. I have learned more about the schintek slides since dropping it off that was not shown when i bought it.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:06 AM   #9

Ok that's why I was confused, because the 315rltsek that I'm looking at, the only slide that has the schwintec system is the small bedroom slide... It sounds to me like you are saying all of your slides have the schwintec system
Old 04-17-2016, 08:26 PM   #10

We have the Schwintek system in our Solaire. One large living room / kitchenette slide, one small kitchen slide. The small kitchen slide mechanism had to be rebuilt by the dealership. The motors were out of sync and eventually destroyed the rails and seals, which also caused a water leak.

I met with the Tech who performed all the work and he explained that the number one cause of issues with Schwinteks is operating the slides with low voltage; i.e. not plugged into shore power and operating off a weakened battery. He STRONGLY suggested to not operate the slides unless your battery is fully charged or, again, you're plugged into shore power.

As for our much larger living room / kitchenette slide, no issues so far in 2 1/2 seasons of camping. Personally, I'd rather have a more traditional slide system like we had in our previous camper. The Schwinteks are too complex and there's not much the end user can do if a failure occurs. When the time comes to purchase a new camper, it will NOT have Schwintek slides.

Good luck and please let us know how things turn out.
campingguy is offline   Reply With Quote