Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 07:02 PM   #21

Look how this thinner than paper hose is smashed into a area less than half its size. How long is that going to last there. I have to take the cross member out and grind that material off, then reinforce it another way to keep the strength.

Dumb and Dumber

Old 05-16-2015, 07:08 PM   #22

Look how they got the hangers for the poop tanks mounted.

One side is at? 2 1/8" the other at 2 3/4"

As you can see the other side does not even come close to touching the hanger.

Old 05-16-2015, 07:10 PM   #23

I am not even getting started! Just posting up this stuff is wearing me out let alone fixing it.
Old 05-16-2015, 07:22 PM   #24

Does anybody want to take a guess as to why you would compromise the integrity of the underbelly this way in order to run a wire for the electric brakes through it? How many times larger of a hole than is needed is that? Why slash an x? Could not it just be punctured with the dirty heroin needle you got and the wires run through?

I don't get it.

Old 05-18-2015, 08:00 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by paluka44 View Post
We bought our 2015 Columbus 320 RS and are very happy with it. We had some minor issues that were easily taken care of by Camping World. My wife and I think it is a really great fifth wheel. I'm sure you can find something wrong with anything you buy. We are very happy with our purchase. Good luck with your new Columbus.
My girlfriend is completely happy with the camper too. She just does not know any better. I got news for you we have the same camper so my issues are yours that you just don't know about yet.

Have you traveled with your fresh water tank filled yet? I bet you don't do it for long as the engineering of its mounts is so substandard the tank will be laying on the road. Mine is damn near to falling out without moving the trailer.

How would you know if you had water in your floor vapor barrier?

I was going to leave the tanks as they were with the top mounts out of alinement but after seeing the stresses of the fresh water tank filled I decided I don't want the dirty water tanks pulling down on my plumbing because the tanks were obviously mounted empty to everything else so they sit up too high. Not to mention the twist the poor mounting is going to also introduce.

No, the fresh water vent was not the source of the water but perhaps a contributor. I noticed above the fresh water tank that the vapor barrier is filled with water. I have no idea how the water is getting there.

How would you know if you had water in your floor vapor barrier?
Old 05-25-2015, 06:29 PM   #26

Best rv in the world.

Old 05-31-2015, 10:26 AM   #27

I had the underbelly nearly put back together when I finally got around to trying out the backup camera.

Big surprise to me that it did not work! I know you are just as shocked as I am.

This is the connection on the kingpin box. Notice the yellow wire that is for backup lights and supposed to be used to activate the camera is snipped. Its a live wire when I am in reverse so it makes sense that they just leave it bare. Camera works fine now with power to it but is it worth it for me to take the underbelly back off and hunt for their F up. I spent about 1 month working on this pile of junk and I am thinking no, I am tired of it all. One problem after the next...
Old 05-31-2015, 10:29 AM   #28

All the slide out corners look like this. Big open slot in the corner to let water in. Hell its in the wheel well. What genius would think that water would not get in?
Old 05-31-2015, 10:30 AM   #29

Here is a dc circuit breaker. Notice that there is a red protective cover on it that can't be closed they way they have it wired. Genius.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:32 AM   #30

Here you can see that they put the stabilizer arms on the wrong side or you can view it as they put the stickers on wrong. To me it is just another layer on the cake made by Bozo's lesser know but equally mystifying cousin from Mexico......Absolutely Retardo.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:40 AM   #31

Here is my bent stabilizer arm bolt. they did this from improper installation.

You can see here were the swivel has been smashed into the arm. I filed it a bit so it fits the way a non moron would fit it.

Here is a photo of the bent mount before I took it off. Notice how they smashed the piece of aluminum that is supposed to hold the corrugated plastic underbelly in place between it and the frame.....because of course that is going to just make it all that much more stable! What is going on?! My warranty will be over before I find out everything that is wrong with this camper.

Old 05-31-2015, 10:45 AM   #32

I don't even think that there is supposed to be a screw here on this propane slide out base. It took me a while to figure out why they put it in. Can someone tell me why it took them 4 tries though? Maybe somebody that is happy with their Columbus has the answer?

It looks like the welds next to this bolt broke and the screw was put in in place of the Bozo welds.

One side.

Other side. Maybe it was everyone's first camper build?

Old 05-31-2015, 10:51 AM   #33

I finally got around to inviting the company to this thread.

I made the mistake of purchasing an rv that you guys make. The link is to an ongoing review I am doing. I think everyone at your company from the Owners down to the floor sweepers should be embarrassed to manufacture something like this. I invite everyone from the company to comment at the thread.
Old 06-14-2015, 10:16 AM   #34

This is the mold growing on the underside of my flooring. Does someone want to get on here and tell me how happy they are with their Columbus by Palimino? You can see how happy they were to come to this thread and defend their company after I invited them to.

Old 06-14-2015, 09:29 PM   #35

Old 06-18-2015, 08:19 PM   #36

Hi gang just posting up more images.

I noticed today that my Lippet made in USA axles were leaking oil or liquified grease from the brake drums.

Are you f'ing kidding me!!!!!!

Brand new Columbus 320rs by Palimino.

Old 06-18-2015, 10:05 PM   #37

Old 06-20-2015, 09:57 AM   #38

Exhausting reading these posts

Mike-We have a 2014 320RS and for the most part we are happy. Have we had issues, sure. If you buy an RV you should know going in they are going to happen. Any amount of research on your part would have filled you in on that. Hell we had a major issue with a new F350 Diesel that costs more than our trailer.
Should we get better workmanship on these trailer builds, absolutely! However you seem to be the type that will find fault in anything. The language and name calling you are doing in this thread is quite frankly a bit over the top! Name call & rant all you wait but where is that going to get you, still standing in your driveway being an angry man.
If you can build a better trailer then build your own to your own standards. Or better yet, get a business going, build the perfect trailer in the Columbus price range, and I will stand in line to purchase from you. I'll still want a warranty from you just in case you missed something, an you know you will.
Take the trailer back to your dealer or make arrangements to get it to the factory. Then show them your issues/concerns and build a plan to resolve. If that is not an option get our your tools and make the perfect trailer. When you have done that, please post pictures of every step of your from scratch build so we can enjoy reading/seeing the craftmanship you include. Also be sure to post every penny you spend to build this perfect trailer on every part and be sure to include labor hours in the build cost so it can be compared to the Columbus or any other trailer in that price range. I anxiously await your first trailer coming off the line. Be sure to include marketing costs, color brochure, and every other item needed to get it to market. I am excited to see what you come up with in full color photos.
2014 Columbus 320RS
Old 06-20-2015, 09:59 AM   #39

One more add

I am not here defending Palomino, but rather responding to Mike's angry thread.
2014 Columbus 320RS
Old 06-20-2015, 10:41 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecwik View Post
I had the underbelly nearly put back together when I finally got around to trying out the backup camera.

Big surprise to me that it did not work! I know you are just as shocked as I am.

This is the connection on the kingpin box. Notice the yellow wire that is for backup lights and supposed to be used to activate the camera is snipped. Its a live wire when I am in reverse so it makes sense that they just leave it bare. Camera works fine now with power to it but is it worth it for me to take the underbelly back off and hunt for their F up. I spent about 1 month working on this pile of junk and I am thinking no, I am tired of it all. One problem after the next...
The camera should work off of your running lights not your backup lights. The camera is not only designed for backing but for seeing whats behind you while traveling

2014: camped 12 nights
Closed Thread

Tags
320rs, columbus