Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 07:02 PM   #21

Look how this thinner than paper hose is smashed into a area less than half its size. How long is that going to last there. I have to take the cross member out and grind that material off, then reinforce it another way to keep the strength.

Dumb and Dumber

Old 05-16-2015, 07:08 PM   #22

Look how they got the hangers for the poop tanks mounted.

One side is at? 2 1/8" the other at 2 3/4"

As you can see the other side does not even come close to touching the hanger.

Old 05-16-2015, 07:10 PM   #23

I am not even getting started! Just posting up this stuff is wearing me out let alone fixing it.
Old 05-16-2015, 07:22 PM   #24

Does anybody want to take a guess as to why you would compromise the integrity of the underbelly this way in order to run a wire for the electric brakes through it? How many times larger of a hole than is needed is that? Why slash an x? Could not it just be punctured with the dirty heroin needle you got and the wires run through?

I don't get it.

Old 05-18-2015, 08:00 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by paluka44 View Post
We bought our 2015 Columbus 320 RS and are very happy with it. We had some minor issues that were easily taken care of by Camping World. My wife and I think it is a really great fifth wheel. I'm sure you can find something wrong with anything you buy. We are very happy with our purchase. Good luck with your new Columbus.
My girlfriend is completely happy with the camper too. She just does not know any better. I got news for you we have the same camper so my issues are yours that you just don't know about yet.

Have you traveled with your fresh water tank filled yet? I bet you don't do it for long as the engineering of its mounts is so substandard the tank will be laying on the road. Mine is damn near to falling out without moving the trailer.

How would you know if you had water in your floor vapor barrier?

I was going to leave the tanks as they were with the top mounts out of alinement but after seeing the stresses of the fresh water tank filled I decided I don't want the dirty water tanks pulling down on my plumbing because the tanks were obviously mounted empty to everything else so they sit up too high. Not to mention the twist the poor mounting is going to also introduce.

No, the fresh water vent was not the source of the water but perhaps a contributor. I noticed above the fresh water tank that the vapor barrier is filled with water. I have no idea how the water is getting there.

How would you know if you had water in your floor vapor barrier?
Old 05-25-2015, 06:29 PM   #26

Best rv in the world.

Old 05-31-2015, 10:26 AM   #27

I had the underbelly nearly put back together when I finally got around to trying out the backup camera.

Big surprise to me that it did not work! I know you are just as shocked as I am.

This is the connection on the kingpin box. Notice the yellow wire that is for backup lights and supposed to be used to activate the camera is snipped. Its a live wire when I am in reverse so it makes sense that they just leave it bare. Camera works fine now with power to it but is it worth it for me to take the underbelly back off and hunt for their F up. I spent about 1 month working on this pile of junk and I am thinking no, I am tired of it all. One problem after the next...
Old 05-31-2015, 10:29 AM   #28

All the slide out corners look like this. Big open slot in the corner to let water in. Hell its in the wheel well. What genius would think that water would not get in?
Old 05-31-2015, 10:30 AM   #29

Here is a dc circuit breaker. Notice that there is a red protective cover on it that can't be closed they way they have it wired. Genius.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:32 AM   #30

Here you can see that they put the stabilizer arms on the wrong side or you can view it as they put the stickers on wrong. To me it is just another layer on the cake made by Bozo's lesser know but equally mystifying cousin from Mexico......Absolutely Retardo.

Closed Thread

Tags
320rs, columbus