Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2017, 07:29 PM   #21

I just picked up my 2018 puma 253fbs 5er it also has the same "drive" ZDL-5217 DVD with sound bar. I have the same problems, sub-titles, remote doesn't have the ability to change the setting either, and no sound through soundbar when on antenna tv.
I would think with all the problems they have with these players they would correct them before leaving factory. I will go through my dealer and get this corrected, if not I have the contacts provided in this thread (thanks). I also went to install my bedroom tv and there is no backer board in wall . Not an easy fix, but I expect to get what I pay for.
Knotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:23 PM   #22

Looking to get mine replaced under warranty as well. My question is does the zdl-5217 have an HDMI port? Currently mine only has the component cables connected.
kevinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:10 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinh View Post
Looking to get mine replaced under warranty as well. My question is does the zdl-5217 have an HDMI port? Currently mine only has the component cables connected.

No hdmi, I removed mine to check and there is no hdmi. Component cables= standard def no HD
Looking for an upgrade to fit same opening if they cannot provide a better player.

I also removed my sound bar to check inputs and outputs. no hdmi output only input.
DVD to sound bar component cables
Sound bar to tv component cables
I at least expected hdmi cabling.
I really like the optical, that's what I use in the house.
I'm taking the camper to dealer on Mon July 31st hope to find out more then. Good thing he is only 40 minutes from the homestead .
Old 07-28-2017, 09:45 AM   #24

I have a 2018 and it came with a manual for the DVD and one for the sound bar system. The DVD is also the ZLD-5217
Bigwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:20 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwrench View Post
I have a 2018 and it came with a manual for the DVD and one for the sound bar system. The DVD is also the ZLD-5217

Yes I also have a 2018 picked it up July 1st. There is a manual for both, did not help. I even removed DVD player to see if there was a jumper or switch on back and found nothing.
Went on line and found minimal info on these.
Are you having any issues, with either one?
Old 07-28-2017, 11:37 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knotter View Post
Yes I also have a 2018 picked it up July 1st. There is a manual for both, did not help. I even removed DVD player to see if there was a jumper or switch on back and found nothing.
Went on line and found minimal info on these.
Are you having any issues, with either one?

Absolutely none at all. I just use the remote control to choose between what I want it to do. So far it's been flawless.
I am having cable tv issues but that's a whole other issue, was going to make a thread about that later.
Old 07-29-2017, 01:43 PM   #27

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0679.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	431.8 KB
ID:	146464
Are your remotes like these?
Old 07-29-2017, 05:36 PM   #28

Quote:
Attachment 146464
Are your remotes like these?

One of them is on the right. For the sound bar. The one for the DVD player I think, is much bigger. Not sure how to upload photos yet as I'm new here lol
Old 07-29-2017, 09:05 PM   #29

Quote:
One of them is on the right. For the sound bar. The one for the DVD player I think, is much bigger. Not sure how to upload photos yet as I'm new here lol

Yes soundbar remote is on the right. The DVD remote is on the left I have no way of turning off the subtitles. Maybe it's as easy as an upgraded remote for the DVD player
Old 07-29-2017, 09:30 PM   #30

Name:	IMG_6357.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	393.2 KB
ID:	146503
Here's a photo of mine if that will help any. There are no identifying numbers on the remote though.
Old 07-29-2017, 09:33 PM   #31

Quote:
Attachment 146503
Here's a photo of mine if that will help any. There are no identifying numbers on the remote though.

That should help a lot, I am taking camper to dealer on Monday for some small issues and hopefully he can get this corrected for me
Thanks
Old 07-29-2017, 10:09 PM   #32

Please let us know if you figure how to turn subtitles off....I can't figure it out...I have surely tried.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 06:53 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
Please let us know if you figure how to turn subtitles off....I can't figure it out...I have surely tried.

Sure will, from the history of threads about these DVD players it's going to take an upgrade to get it corrected.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:19 AM   #34

2017 Puma - Bluetooth Soundbar

Quote:
Sure will, from the history of threads about these DVD players it's going to take an upgrade to get it corrected.

IWANNACAMP

Just got word from my dealer that the Drive ZLD 5217 DVD player that was installed in my just built 5er on June 23rd needs the upgrade player and they are replacing it. It's ordered and I will let you know the results when it arrives.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:41 PM   #35

2017 Puma - Bluetooth Soundbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post

Received my replacement DVD same model but with upgraded remote. I installed it, put in a DVD pushed the subtitle button to off and works great. [ATTACH]150244
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0733.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	371.9 KB
ID:	150244  
Old 10-30-2017, 03:01 PM   #36

I have the Drive ZLD-5217 soundbar in my 2018 Puma 31BHSS. It works OK. Bummed about not having HDMI. But the problem that most annoys me is the fact that ALL for speaker locations ABCD are automatically selected. My camper has indoor (A) and outdoor (B) speakers. Location (C) and (D) are not used. Anyway, if deselect a speaker location and make any mode change (dvd, AM/FM, BT etc) it defaults back to the ABCD setting. This may not seem like a big deal. But when you have outdoor speakers and want to watch a movie at night. You could be pumping out audio to the outdoor speakers thus disturbing the neighbors. You have to make a conscious effort to make sure the correct speaker locations are selected/deselected or you could be annoying your neighbors and even getting yourself in hot water with the campground.

Anyone else have this issue? I have scoured the internet and have found ZERO info on this unit. Usually you can find something. But there is nothing mentioned other than it is found in Forest River RVs.
diver165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:28 PM   #37

Didn't read every post, so this may have already been addressed, but:

The sub-t button will turn off the subtitles. And I had to contact the manufacturer to figure out how to access the main menu of a disc- it is the PBC button, believe it or not. Don't think there is a way to fast forward- can only get it to jump to the next chapter, even if I hold the >> or << buttons down. Pretty much every RV specific DVD player out there is junk. The best option is the Jensen AWM-975(??), and it's not great. Had a couple of these and they all have a programming glitch where they'll randomly reboot during a movie. Other than that, they've been better than anything else I've seen. There was a Rockford Fosgate unit that I saw in a few RVs for a while, but I'm not familiar with them and not sure they are still available.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 09:55 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by diver165 View Post
I have the Drive ZLD-5217 soundbar in my 2018 Puma 31BHSS. It works OK. Bummed about not having HDMI. But the problem that most annoys me is the fact that ALL for speaker locations ABCD are automatically selected. My camper has indoor (A) and outdoor (B) speakers. Location (C) and (D) are not used. Anyway, if deselect a speaker location and make any mode change (dvd, AM/FM, BT etc) it defaults back to the ABCD setting. This may not seem like a big deal. But when you have outdoor speakers and want to watch a movie at night. You could be pumping out audio to the outdoor speakers thus disturbing the neighbors. You have to make a conscious effort to make sure the correct speaker locations are selected/deselected or you could be annoying your neighbors and even getting yourself in hot water with the campground.

Anyone else have this issue? I have scoured the internet and have found ZERO info on this unit. Usually you can find something. But there is nothing mentioned other than it is found in Forest River RVs.
We also have noticed the issue with the ABCD channel setups. It's definitely a nuisance. Probably will change it all out to something that we can have more options and control over. We have been slowly making changes/upgrades to the layout/storage where we need it and this is definitely one we will address soon.
Old 10-31-2017, 12:18 AM   #39

Quote:
We also have noticed the issue with the ABCD channel setups. It's definitely a nuisance. Probably will change it all out to something that we can have more options and control over. We have been slowly making changes/upgrades to the layout/storage where we need it and this is definitely one we will address soon.
I’ve been looking for something to change it out. I haven’t come across anything that will fit in that spot
diver165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 05:44 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by diver165 View Post
I’ve been looking for something to change it out. I haven’t come across anything that will fit in that spot
Yeah that's what we have been kicking around also. Most likely going to open that area and take out that wall and just rebuild everything to custom fit the things we use. Will be a good wintertime project.

Tags
puma