Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
demoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 103
2913 34TBOK system panel

Panel has indicator display for 2 black and 2 grey, but on outside of rig; there is one drain valve for black and 3 grey....sort of confused on what dumps where. Can anyone clarify?
__________________

__________________
2013 Palomino Sabre 34 TBOK
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD SRW CrewCab SB
B&W Companion
demoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:31 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
demoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 103
That would be 2013 ...
__________________

__________________
2013 Palomino Sabre 34 TBOK
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD SRW CrewCab SB
B&W Companion
demoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Road-King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: TN
Posts: 645
Because your model has one toilet, I bet you have one Black and three grays. One gray for the bath sink and shower, another for the kitchen sink and the last for your outside kitchen sink.

I would go with the outside markings. If you want to know what gage goes to what tank, just use water and fill them up one at a time...
__________________
Russ & Kim
2014 Alpine 3600RS
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9 4X4
2008 Harley Davidson Road King 105th Anniversary
(2011-5 bad year)(2012-40)(2013-45)(2014-23)
Road-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-King
Because your model has one toilet, I bet you have one Black and three grays. One gray for the bath sink and shower, another for the kitchen sink and the last for your outside kitchen sink.

I would go with the outside markings. If you want to know what gage goes to what tank, just use water and fill them up one at a time...
Yes outside kitchen model without 1/2 bath uses black tank for second 1/2 bath .
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
demoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 103
Sounds like a food coloring experiment on my next trip. Thanks for the feedback.
__________________
2013 Palomino Sabre 34 TBOK
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD SRW CrewCab SB
B&W Companion
demoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:17 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Road-King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: TN
Posts: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by demoore View Post
Sounds like a food coloring experiment on my next trip. Thanks for the feedback.
that's a good idea.
__________________
Russ & Kim
2014 Alpine 3600RS
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9 4X4
2008 Harley Davidson Road King 105th Anniversary
(2011-5 bad year)(2012-40)(2013-45)(2014-23)
Road-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by demoore
Sounds like a food coloring experiment on my next trip. Thanks for the feedback.
Tanks are as follows
Front to rear
1 fresh
2 gray from shower and bathroom sink
3 black
4 gray from kitchen sink
5 gray from outside kitchen

If you look under the back outlet the front pipe is smaller than the rear most which normally would be black if you had a half bath.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:51 PM   #8
Member
 
CBergstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 65
On our trailer, I had the grey tank from the bathroom get full which I thought was from the kitchen as the panel said grey 3 was full. Black 2 on the panel never seems to get full, could this be the outdoor kitchen?
CBergstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:58 AM   #9
Member
 
CBergstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 65
I was able to confirm today that the panel is as follows:

Black 1 - toilet
Black 2 - outdoor kitchen sink
Grey 1 - bathroom sink & shower
Grey 2 - inside kitchen sink

I wish there was a way FR could tie the bathroom grey tank to the others as we are finding that is the limiting factor with our waste water holding capacity.
CBergstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:38 AM   #10
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBergstrom View Post
I was able to confirm today that the panel is as follows:

Black 1 - toilet
Black 2 - outdoor kitchen sink
Grey 1 - bathroom sink & shower
Grey 2 - inside kitchen sink

I wish there was a way FR could tie the bathroom grey tank to the others as we are finding that is the limiting factor with our waste water holding capacity.
We've not completely filled any of our tanks to capacity yet on a camping trip.
Were a family of 5 .

I hope your not relying on the "factory"
Tank sensors on being accurate?

42 gallons of grey water is a lot of water for even a 4 day weekend.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:38 AM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 7
Which grey water tank is 42 gallons. The shower/bathroom sink tank is 26 gallons on my 32bhok. I know because I emptied it using a bucket when it filled. The only tank that we didn't fill completely was the outdoor kitchen grey tank. If you know the capacities I would like to know them. Thanks
mndmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:44 AM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by mndmax View Post
Which grey water tank is 42 gallons. The shower/bathroom sink tank is 26 gallons on my 32bhok. I know because I emptied it using a bucket when it filled. The only tank that we didn't fill completely was the outdoor kitchen grey tank. If you know the capacities I would like to know them. Thanks
All sabre 5th wheels all have 42 gallon tanks.
Fresh- 42
Grey 1, 2 and 3- 42
Black -42

Grey one is bathroom sink/shower
Grey two is kitchen sink
Grey three is outside kitchen


What year is your bhok?

http://www.palominorv.com/ProductInf...3230&RVType=FW

Your tank wasn't "full" im guessing when you measured.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 7
It is a 2011 that we just bought. The information I found is exactly what you said. My problem is the tank was so full I had standing water in the shower. I emptied by bucket because we did not have full hook ups. As close as I could tell, I got 26 gallons. It is what it is. We need to improve on water mngmt.
mndmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:33 AM   #14
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by mndmax View Post
It is a 2011 that we just bought. The information I found is exactly what you said. My problem is the tank was so full I had standing water in the shower. I emptied by bucket because we did not have full hook ups. As close as I could tell, I got 26 gallons. It is what it is. We need to improve on water mngmt.
I have a 2011 as well.

My wife and I showered for a week plus used all other facilities in our camper and never filled up.

Since sabre only uses 42 gallon tanks I'm not sure how they could of "accidentally" used something else.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #15
Member
 
CBergstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post

I have a 2011 as well.

My wife and I showered for a week plus used all other facilities in our camper and never filled up.

Since sabre only uses 42 gallon tanks I'm not sure how they could of "accidentally" used something else.

Turbs
Three days max with a family of five on bathroom grey tank if there is no shower house. Yet the other grey tanks are rarely over half full. Seems like an inefficient use of capacity.
CBergstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:33 PM   #16
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBergstrom View Post

Three days max with a family of five on bathroom grey tank if there is no shower house. Yet the other grey tanks are rarely over half full. Seems like an inefficient use of capacity.
By gauge its full or the drains are full?
Don't ever rely on monitor panel to be accurate.

We camp every labor day holiday weekend with a family of five boondocking "no showers" and don't fill up or use the full 42 gallon fw.
That's 4 days and three nights.

You can plumb from shower gray tank to outside kitchen gray by connecting outlets and opening the valves.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:23 PM   #17
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 7
I think that would be a very good idea. The outdoor kitchen is new to us, but I can't see using 42 gallons of grey water there. Plumb those together and we would double the bathroom capacities.

Have you seen this done Turbs? Is it a straight shot or will I be making a bunch of turns?

I hate to disturb the enclosed underbelly because it seems things never go back together quite as nicely as the first time. The bottom side of our rig is like new. It appears to have been towed to a permanent site and left there.
mndmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:59 PM   #18
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 7
I just re-read your post. Your suggesting connecting the outlets with a hose or length of pvc while parked and then removing that section to drain the tanks as usual?
mndmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:01 PM   #19
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by mndmax View Post
I just re-read your post. Your suggesting connecting the outlets with a hose or length of pvc while parked and then removing that section to drain the tanks as usual?
Yep
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #20
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 7
Hadn't thought about that. Thanks for the idea.
__________________

mndmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 PM.


×