Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2012, 07:24 AM   #1

34REQS-6 Owners

We got ours in January and are loving it. Few minor issues but they are being or have been addressed by our dealer.

I do have question for y'all. Our refrigator makes a humming/whinning noise. We are being told that this is the fan moving air and that there is nothing wrong and nothing that can be done. The dealer did do some "dampening" with rubber washers but can't tell much difference. Anyone else having an issue?

One word of caution. Wife's oven heats unevenly: front of pan is fine and back will burn bottom. She loves to cook and is moving pan around half way through cooking time until dealer can come up resolution.

Hope you all enjoy yours as much as we are enjoying ours.
2011 F-250 CC/SB/6.2L Gas/2X
Nights Camped 2012 = 14
westyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:42 PM   #2

Try using a ceramic pizza stone in the oven. It will help dispersing the heat more evenly. Link to thread on pizza stone.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ven-21456.html
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:54 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by westyguy View Post
We got ours in January and are loving it. Few minor issues but they are being or have been addressed by our dealer.

I do have question for y'all. Our refrigator makes a humming/whinning noise. We are being told that this is the fan moving air and that there is nothing wrong and nothing that can be done. The dealer did do some "dampening" with rubber washers but can't tell much difference. Anyone else having an issue?

One word of caution. Wife's oven heats unevenly: front of pan is fine and back will burn bottom. She loves to cook and is moving pan around half way through cooking time until dealer can come up resolution.

on some newer refrigerators theres a fan behind it that runs. Is that the noise you could be hearing ? Some have said it to be loud .
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:38 PM   #4
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by westyguy View Post

westyguy - regarding your refrig noise - we have a 2012 29rk (rear kitchen) with the refrig located at aft left side. We had an annoying noise with the refrig in the electric mode. We brought it back to the dealer and they lubed the motor and called it fixed. We then went on a 3 day trip and the noise, while somewhat lower and less frequent, was still there. I climbed up and removed the upper most lovrer (sp) vent panel and heard the noise coming from the fan motor. I touched the motor and the noise went away for awhile. I brought it back to the dealer and they replaced it. I haven't had the TT out since then, but I will be hoping it is gone. I had the removed fan assy in my hand and turned the blades and tried to detect sideways movement in the shaft, but was unable to detect any movement.

I think that FR has had more issues with this fan motor than they care to admit. There have also been some posters here complaning of the sane thing.

The factory rep told me that the motor manufacturer is now installing rubber gromments between the shelf it sits on and the motor fan.

Can't help with the oven issue as my DW loves ours.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:18 AM   #5

Thanks to all.
2011 F-250 CC/SB/6.2L Gas/2X
Nights Camped 2012 = 14
westyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #6
jsk

We had our 34-reqs out this weekend for the first time. We did not notice any refrigerator noise of any sort. I am not much help about the oven as we did 90% of our cooking outside and the rest on the stove top. However we did discover that the oven door does not seal properly. One side is good and the other had about a 1/2" gap.
jsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:53 PM   #7
ns-sabre

Hello, new 34 reqs owner since march 1st. Beautiful and enjoying, however as we are in Canada only ventured out once so far, more soon. The small issues we have seen so far and wondering if anyone else has or has any suggestions.

1). Propane requlator seems problematic. When right tank full, but left ( furthest from req) is empty, does not seem to draw. However when the other way around it is ok, or of course with both full. Anyone else experience any oddities?

2) furnace blower. Saw another thread on this subject but can't find now. The vent on the stair wall blows great, however all other vents in living room and bedroom, while warm do not produce allot of air flow? You can feel heat but not much air from the others, is this the same for all or anyway to increase? Also found the vent pipe to the stairwell vent was not secured and had fallen off, accessed via storage door and fixed.

3) tyvek cover. Just wondering of others experience? We had some roof rot issue with previos Jayco TT a gentlemen who repaired for us before we traded for our new sabre suggested in addition to good caulking a cover was the next best and worth the investment. we have purchased one as we want the new sabre to stay like new for as long as possible.

Looking forwards to any feedback

34REQS with 2011 Sierra 3500 duramax
ns-sabre is offline   Reply With Quote