Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2015, 08:59 AM   #1

351-THSS Owners: Front Storage bay/Landing Jacks

****PSA-Check the hardware that attaches the crossover tube from one jack to another jack on the front electric jacks****

With that said:

One day while putting my 351-THSS up for storage, the DW noticed that the passenger side landing jack wasn't coming down. Upon further inspection looking thru the battery compartment I noticed that the extension arm that reaches over to that side was not spinning while I was engaging the return/extend button. The nut had backed off the bolt and it fell out. Luckily the bolt fell in the battery bay but the nut was long gone.

Anyways after fixing that and actually having access to do so I noticed that the passenger side had zero, zilch, nada of access to the landing jack or the bolt and nut that holds that one.

So I set out to make an access door for the future and to check on that nut/bolt, which by the way, once I was able to, the nut fell right off. Now imagine having that problem while out camping.

I purchased a galvanized sheet of metal, pop rivets, stainless hinge, & some latches. I did my work as you'll see in the pics and now I have access to that landing jack if I ever need to access.

I apologize for not having a before picture but it would just be solid

If you have the skill and tools to do this, I highly recommend this be a high priority for the pure simple fact of having access to the landing jacks should you need to do so in the future (in an emergency situation will be a life saver) for maintenance or otherwise.

"Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -Jerry Reed
Pauls Toy Hauler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, storage