Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2014, 01:30 PM   #1

36 QBOK. What 'grinds my gears'

Well, since having owned now for 6 months and with over 20 nights in it, here are the 4 things that 'grind my gears' on a unit that I otherwise absolutely love!

1. Dometic Thermostat (supplier issue).

It blows me away that this 'stat CANNOT tell me what the current temp is in my unit. My 15 yr old TT with a manual could, why can't this one? I refuse to buy a counter temp gauge for this. Is it that hard? Would love to know where temp is at vs actual setting....

2. Outdoor kitchen 'doors'.

Stove top cabinet door, unit always scrapes inside of door when pulling out and has left 2 distinct grooves on door.
Outside kitchen door closes right against the cabinet handles and has burnished them where they touch.

3. Master bath sink cover.

Not the cover so much, but the piss poor job of cutting the laminate on counter where this cover goes into. just not good enough.

4. Trim and moldings. How many Brad nails can they put into the trim, and how much more poorer can the colour and quality of the filler be? I think it actually looks worse than if they left all brad nail holes unfilled, especially around upper valance of kitchen cabinets.

Thats it, otherwise all good on systems etc so far!
Nights camped 2015 - 46
Nights camped 2016 - 43
Nights camped 2017 - 2
5 hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:52 PM   #2

Is there not a button on the thermostat for inside temp? Mine shows the temp the AC(s) are set for all the time and when I want to see internal temp there is a button on the top right I have to hit. It will show me the inside temp to whatever zone I'm looking at.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:43 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsey View Post
Is there not a button on the thermostat for inside temp? Mine shows the temp the AC(s) are set for all the time and when I want to see internal temp there is a button on the top right I have to hit. It will show me the inside temp to whatever zone I'm looking at.
nope, nothing on it can show you current temp.... I think there are 2 'levels' of stats for doetic and the lower one shows zippo only set templ
Nights camped 2015 - 46
Nights camped 2016 - 43
Nights camped 2017 - 2
Old 07-18-2014, 03:48 PM   #4

This is the 'stat'
Attached Images

Nights camped 2015 - 46
Nights camped 2016 - 43
Nights camped 2017 - 2
Old 07-18-2014, 03:59 PM   #5
Always Learning

5 hole, turn the thermostat off first, then press the + or -, it'll show you the room's temperature. See page 6 of the manual:
https://www.dometic.com/1fa178a7-95b...0e4c7895.fodoc

For #3, we threw away the master sink cover. I honestly didn't see any point to it. I'm curious what/how others use it. But, ours also fell off during travel (the only time we used it).
Old 07-18-2014, 04:49 PM   #6
NELA

The nail hole filler on our V-Lite didn't match well either ...cherry finish....and evidently the person responsible for doing that job never thought to wipe away extra/residue.

On our 5er the filler is a perfect match...hickory finish... and the person doing it did a good job. What impresses me re the "finish" detail is how perfectly the calking where the cabinets meet each other or the ceiling is such a perfect color match and whoever did that calking on ours was *extremely* good at it....no lumps, no smudges...absolutely clean smooth calk lines.

The digital Coleman Mach thermostat on our 5er does show current temperature. Of course the non digital one (same brand) does not.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
5 hole, turn the thermostat off first, then press the + or -, it'll show you the room's temperature. See page 6 of the manual:

For #3, we threw away the master sink cover. I honestly didn't see any point to it. I'm curious what/how others use it. But, ours also fell off during travel (the only time we used it).
Crap I read through that 3 times, and did not see it. Darn blinders. Thanks Ependy. Guess list is 3 only.
Nights camped 2015 - 46
Nights camped 2016 - 43
Nights camped 2017 - 2
Old 07-18-2014, 04:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post

No issue with the sink cover itself, more the poor cut / remnants of where the sink hole is cut in counter top. No photo to show, but a very poor cut. Bugs me everytime I brush my tetth or use the sink.
Nights camped 2015 - 46
Nights camped 2016 - 43
Nights camped 2017 - 2