Old 06-18-2017, 06:54 PM   #1

366rl sewer gas

Purchased a 366rl back in March 2017, been camping several times and kept noticing sewer gas smell in kitchen when sinks were used and the bathroom sink.We would go dump flush black tank and all was good until next trip.Got home from this trip and decided to fill black tank completely with fresh water and when I did the kitchen island sink filled up also,i hope a Columbus rep reads this! How in the heck does this leave the factory with the sinks plumbed into the black tank.And who's gonna fix it,very frustrating.

Jeffjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:30 PM   #2
Site Team

If you have water in the traps, there should be no smell. All drains in a home with a septic tank are connected to the "black tank" and there is no odor..
Does anything appear to be plumbed to the grey tank? Have you tried draining both tanks then adding water to a sink and see which tank water come out of.
FRF is not affiliated with the FR the manufacturer other than the fact that we are mostly all FR owners. With the exception of a small number of models, FR personnel do not monitor or participate in the forum. There is a list of contact personnel at FR in the library section of the forum. I would start with your dealer as they will most likely be asked to check/confirm the plumbing error.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:14 PM   #3

I just can't imagine how that could happen. That would require multiple pipes plumbed to the black tank with a "Y" when normally there would only be the toilet large pipe.
I wonder if the outside sewer outlet gate was closed on the sewer line with both the black tank gate and grey tank gate left open. (or the black tank gate is not shutting alll the way) If that was the case the water from the black tank would flow back into the grey tank. Not only that but what plumbing goes to the grey tank?
I would be dropping the belly pan and taking a look ASAP, would really like to hear the results of what you have found. Good luck

Tags
gas