Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2013, 08:33 AM   #1

36qbok floor

Has anyone else seemed to notice a joint in the subfloor in the bunk house about 3' from the back? I have and asked my dealer to look into it. Forest river told them it was designed that way and the floor is one piece. There is no way it is one piece if there is a joint. The joint runs all the way across the trailer .
Brandon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:32 PM   #2
Always Learning

I've never noticed it. Is it something you're able to take pictures of?
Old 10-13-2013, 02:42 PM   #3

No you can't take pictures of it but you can feel it. I looked in a brand new unit on the dealer lot that was the same way. The dealer is going to take the flooring up and check it out and take pictures.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:55 PM   #4

I have a 34tbok, no bumps in the bunkhouse, but I have one in the master br, about 2' in from the door. Can't see it, but notice it thru the carpet when you step on it.
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #5

I noticed mine by stepping on it . It feels like the plywood is not screwed down.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:59 AM   #6

The dealer took the flooring up and it was a seam that was not secured properly .
Old 03-11-2014, 07:00 PM   #7
Oklahoma Proud

Glad that your getting took care of!
Easy fix hopefully? Are they going back with carpet or linoleum or something different?

MillerTime- Future Sabre Handler!!
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:39 PM   #8

Back with same thing that was in it they took original floor coverings up without tearing them up and reinstalled . You can't even tell they were removed.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:01 PM   #9
Oklahoma Proud

Sweet!!

MillerTime- Future Sabre Handler!!
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:37 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon327 View Post
Back with same thing that was in it they took original floor coverings up without tearing them up and reinstalled . You can't even tell they were removed.
I'm glad to hear that. Every other person I've read about having the issue has seemingly ended up with quarter round and/or a trim strip at the doorway.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forest River Forums mobile app

2012 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L
2013 Sabre 36QBOK-7 Platinum Package
LaydBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:16 PM   #11

My dealer has been very good about fixing things. The factory tried to tell the dealer there was not a seam there but I would not take no for an answer so they pulled the flooring up and sent pictures to the factory of the seam.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:05 PM   #12
Here to Help

Flooring

Quote:
My dealer has been very good about fixing things. The factory tried to tell the dealer there was not a seam there but I would not take no for an answer so they pulled the flooring up and sent pictures to the factory of the seam.
Brandon,
I do apologize for your problem. I'm not sure who was spoken to at the plant, but all 36QBOK models have a decking seam in the back bedroom. The flooring decking material comes in a 24' long section. This eliminates 3 additional seams that 8' decking would have. Again, I'm sorry it wasn't secured properly and I'm sorry for the wrong information to your dealer.

Sabresam
SabreSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:10 PM   #13

Thanks sabre Sam I have a great dealer and they took care of it.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:12 PM   #14
Here to Help

Quote:
Thanks sabre Sam I have a great dealer and they took care of it.
I have forwarded your problem to the plant and requested that the seam be checked and double checked on all production units. I know that doesn't help your problem, but we do listen and try to get better.

Sabresam
Old 03-12-2014, 12:59 PM   #15

SabreSam

I thought it was great that you responded to Brandon327 and let him know how the rv was built. I own a forest river product and was wondering why each line of forest river rvs doesn't have someone monitoring the board here. This would help answer a lot of questions and probably cause customer service at FR to have less calls.
chiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:11 PM   #16
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiro View Post
SabreSam

I thought it was great that you responded to Brandon327 and let him know how the rv was built. I own a forest river product and was wondering why each line of forest river rvs doesn't have someone monitoring the board here. This would help answer a lot of questions and probably cause customer service at FR to have less calls.
Bear in mind, this forum isn't affiliated with Forest River in any way. We're just a fan forum. SabreSam, Wildcat Chris, and bclemens are our 3 most active factory reps. I only wish all of the brands had folks as dedicated as these guys!
Old 03-12-2014, 01:44 PM   #17

What Doug said! Heck there should be more 'fan forums' representing the other manufacturers as well!!
Nights camped 2015 - 46
Nights camped 2016 - 43
Nights camped 2017 - 2
5 hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:11 PM   #18
Here to Help

Correct!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Bear in mind, this forum isn't affiliated with Forest River in any way. We're just a fan forum. SabreSam, Wildcat Chris, and bclemens are our 3 most active factory reps. I only wish all of the brands had folks as dedicated as these guys!
ependydad is correct. If I made such a large purchase I would appreciate someone doing the same. I want no pat on the back. God has blessed me with friendships with owners that I will never forget. I will continue until my time is up. I thank everyone that understands this and treats me with respect.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:43 PM   #19

Quote:
Has anyone else seemed to notice a joint in the subfloor in the bunk house about 3' from the back? I have and asked my dealer to look into it. Forest river told them it was designed that way and the floor is one piece. There is no way it is one piece if there is a joint. The joint runs all the way across the trailer .

I had the same problem in my bunk house, it was not fastened correctly. They are supposed to put some sort of backer board in that area to help support the seam. I was told by the plant manager that mine went through the line and it was not installed for some reason. They did remove the vinyl in bunk area and kitchen and install a brand new piece with out any seams or quarter round. It can be done.
Mad DADDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:56 PM   #20
Are we there yet.......

I also have this problem. Took it in to get it repaired and was told they have to send pics to factory to get approval first. I should say this as well. My rig came from factory with a seem runners at the bedroom door as well as the bathroom door. Bunkhouse floor has flooring rolls in it as well as a seem in the decking at the end of bunk table. Can one tell me why on earth did it ever leave the factory??? It is very evident that they tried to fix it before but yet it was shipped in the state it's in anyway.
Pbalmer65 is offline   Reply With Quote