Old 12-30-2014, 04:07 PM   #11

Rule you should observe. Move only one slide at s time. The most DC current usage is to start and that rattling stop.

Old 01-21-2015, 04:58 PM   #12

Hopefully it won't hapoen again. But now you know what to do. If a fuse is blowen, any fuse, there will be a red light that comes on at the fuse to make it easy to see which one is blowen. At least its that way on my Sabre. If you pull out the fuse you should see a little red glow.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
BuckeyeChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 05:25 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeChuck View Post
Hopefully it won't hapoen again. But now you know what to do. If a fuse is blowen, any fuse, there will be a red light that comes on at the fuse to make it easy to see which one is blowen. At least its that way on my Sabre. If you pull out the fuse you should see a little red glow.
Well almost, hydraulic pumps and electric slides consume from 30'to over 100 amps. These loads are too high for the provided DC distribution panel. These devices will be protected by "inline resettable fuses" or circuit breakers. Almost always located close to the battery source.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:45 PM   #14

Ours has a sticker that says to only use slides on battery.
I think this would be because the inverter does not have the capacity for the max amp draw the slide motor will pull.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:17 AM   #15

Just saw this thread...all good info. I had something similar happen on the last trip of the season in Nov. Tripped a breaker when operating the furnace, microwave etc..and had to reset a couple of times before it worked. Have not had an issue before, it didn't happen again. I checked my progressive surge protector thinking there were spikes or low draw on the shore power but all was good...sometimes electrical things happen that make you scratch your head. Typically (user) my error

Airlift system/on board compressor

speedcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide