Old 08-13-2013, 10:27 AM   #1

Does it have any built in electric surge protection? Some guy I meet at a park was asking me why I did not have a surge prescribing thing in between my 50amp plug and the box... I've never heard of this. Do I need one?

2013 Columbus Palamino 385BH
krisbarger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:42 PM   #2
No surge protection in any Columbus unit (or any other RV as a standard that I know of). Do you need one? Depends - how good is the power at the RV park, do you have insurance on your electronics/appliances in the 385, etc....

I know quite a few folks that have them, I personally do not. Oh, and I have a 385.

Justducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:55 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
If you don't have one you should consider one.
One bad power experience would have paid for a unit .
If you consider the price its well worth it and you'd be surpised if you started checking the power output at campgrounds on a hot humid day with a full campground.
Many of us use progressive industries hard wired and portables.

TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:43 PM   #4
Considering what it would cost to repair/replace your onboard electronics such at TV, fridge, fridge, microwave, furnace, AC, water heater, stereo, converter/invertor etc. a surge protector is cheap insurance. Progressive Industry models are well thought of on this forum and worth the investment.
2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS-6

Link to pics:
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote