Old 02-08-2012, 07:16 AM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Originally Posted by rdvanorder View Post
Thanks so much for all the replies. I am comfortable now going with the manual slider. Thanks again
As a late update to your post I as well have a manual slider and have yet to use it.
Half a dozen camping trips in various situations and have not even come close to needing to slide our 5th .I have a 2500 Chevy short bed and clearances have been fine at this point.

TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:46 PM   #12
Cool Hitch

I have a f350 with a 6.5 bed. I bought 34reqs. After searching for the best buy and knowledgeable dealer I am confused. Three told me I would not need a slider and one said i might. confused any help will be appreciated.

duchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:10 PM   #13
I also have a 6 1/2' bed with a manual slide. Though I have only used it twice, just to be safe, I really didn't need it. However, it is better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
2013 Palomino Columbus 320RS
2007 Dodge RAM 2500 6.7 Cummins
Reese 15K manual slider
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:02 PM   #14
Now a "Top Member"
duchie...exactly as amxpress said. With the new 5th wheel designs, it is unlikely you will need it, but there may be that one time. Do you want to take that chance?? If you can afford it, it's best to get it. AT least a manual slider.
Ed and Sharon
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS
2011 Ford F-250 XLT, 6.7L PSD
Ride-Rite Airbags and Airlift wireless remote compressor...nice!

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:15 AM   #15
We have the Reese revolution king pin on our 320rs. Search it and check cut video. It pivots under trailer and not in hitch. So far we love ours. We got it in a 90 degree turn in parking lot experimenting.
rugmanrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:28 AM   #16
Mod free 5er
Agree Rugmanrn, we have the Reese Sidewinder on our new Flagstaff 8528RKWS and it works like a charm, I can turn more than 90 degrees and the trailer doesn't even come close to our 05 Silverado Ext Cab with a 6.5' bed. The dealer originally put in a manual slider and the DW and I couldn't stand the banging while taking off and stopping from all the loose joints in the mechanism. Had them replace it with a fixed hitch and activate the Sidewinder and the noise is all gone. Towed it this week and really like the way it works.

OldCoot is online now   Reply With Quote

5th wheel