Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2013, 10:00 PM   #71
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling buckeye View Post
X2 mine too
Sticker says mine was made. 12-12-12 ?
Does the. 13 ?
Well Thank Goddness it doesn't say "Ford" or "Chevrolet"
__________________

__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:28 PM   #72
Senior Member
 
Scratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Gruene, TX.
Posts: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling buckeye View Post
I put a lot of miles on my work trucks. Actually 1200000 is not all that many mi.
To me, one million, two hundred thousand seems like a lot of miles. Unless, of course, it is in a Dodge Ram...

Just 59,000 miles in my '12 F-250; but they have been trouble free...
__________________

__________________
Scratch sends...
'12 nights camped: 12
'13 nights camped: 24
'14 nights camped:
Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:44 AM   #73
Senior Member
 
turnerpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Colegrove View Post
I believe that if you check the ram with the cummins only has the Aisin trans if you buy a 4500/5500 The smaller rams do not get this trans. I have 2 new dodges with it but they are both 5500's. As far as def, early 2500's didn't use it, but, now they all do. My new F250 will run over 5k on 5 gals of def. Yes it is just one more thing to cost money and to have to work on, however, it is part of the epa and at least it doesn't use a lot and it is fairly inexpensive. If you have an oil supplier near you, give them a call and ask about buying it. I get it for 7.00 per 2.5 gal jug
My 2013 dodge ram 2500hd work truck made 4/13 uses def and my new 2013 f-250 personal truck uses def. As far as the aisin tranny goes, yes you can get it in the 3500 with the high output diesel but that's kinda a thing you have to order because it boosts the rated cap so high that if you fully load it to the max you have to have a CDL to tow it!! So needless to say since most people don't have a CDL I'm thinking they aren't going to be having many of those on the lots!!
__________________
turnerpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:06 AM   #74
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
Rolling buckeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post

To me, one million, two hundred thousand seems like a lot of miles. Unless, of course, it is in a Dodge Ram...

Just 59,000 miles in my '12 F-250; but they have been trouble free...
Happy for you.and I wish you continued good service. at 59000 on a 12 you are well on you're way to a lot o miles !
The question was asked,and I gave my opinion. Is this you're first diesel truck ? Please let us know when you reach the 150-175,000 mi mark,
Do you have a Ford diesel pu with one million two hundred mi.??
__________________
Rolling buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:35 PM   #75
Senior Member
 
Scratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Gruene, TX.
Posts: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling buckeye View Post
Is this you're first diesel truck ? Please let us know when you reach the 150-175,000 mi mark,
Do you have a Ford diesel pu with one million two hundred mi.??
My second diesel; the first was a 2003 Ford F250.

I was pulling your chain (good naturedly) concerning your 1200000 quote. Think you added one too many zeroes...
__________________
Scratch sends...
'12 nights camped: 12
'13 nights camped: 24
'14 nights camped:
Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:48 PM   #76
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
Rolling buckeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post

My second diesel; the first was a 2003 Ford F250.

I was pulling your chain (good naturedly) concerning your 1200000 quote. Think you added one too many zeroes...
Oh... whoops, lol !
How far did you take the 03,? And was it 7.3 or 6.0? I tried going back from 06 to an 03, but it was the 6.0. I really wish I would have found an 03 with the 7.3
(Wow ! That's a lot of jumbled #'s). There are days when I miss my old ford,usually, around when I'm about to make the payment on the new Ram !
Seriously, I do wish you continued good service out of you're truck, I would not wish the cost and aggravation I dealt with on anyone !..... Well most anyone. Lol !
__________________
Rolling buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:20 PM   #77
Senior Member
 
Scratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Gruene, TX.
Posts: 343
It was a 6.0 and we got good service out of it; however, we had it less than two years when we traded it and the 5er for a class A rig. As I recall, I only had about 20,000 miles on the truck when we traded. Guess I've been pretty fortunate in terms of TV issues (Scratch sez as he knocks on wood )...
__________________
Scratch sends...
'12 nights camped: 12
'13 nights camped: 24
'14 nights camped:
Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:18 PM   #78
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
Rolling buckeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
It was a 6.0 and we got good service out of it; however, we had it less than two years when we traded it and the 5er for a class A rig. As I recall, I only had about 20,000 miles on the truck when we traded. Guess I've been pretty fortunate in terms of TV issues (Scratch sez as he knocks on wood )...
Fingers crossed !
Safe travels Scratch !
__________________
Rolling buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:55 PM   #79
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Warren, IL
Posts: 5
I have a 13 f350 srw crew cab longbox with the 6.7 and love it. this thing has plenty of power. its all on what you prefer. I was raised in a ford family so i'm a ford guy. my father in law is a chevy guy and my cousins are chevy guys. they all have duramax's and love them. I would drive all 3 and price all three apples to apples with the warranties they offer and go from there. the thing I don't like about the dodges that I love about my ford is the power mirrors. just push a button and they extend out. dodge you have to move them by hand.
__________________
Lsaunders113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:00 PM   #80
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsaunders113 View Post
I have a 13 f350 srw crew cab longbox with the 6.7 and love it. this thing has plenty of power. its all on what you prefer. I was raised in a ford family so i'm a ford guy. my father in law is a chevy guy and my cousins are chevy guys. they all have duramax's and love them. I would drive all 3 and price all three apples to apples with the warranties they offer and go from there. the thing I don't like about the dodges that I love about my ford is the power mirrors. just push a button and they extend out. dodge you have to move them by hand.
Yeah - pushing and pulling those mirrors is a lot of work

Seriously though, I wish my 2012 Ram did have that feature.
__________________

__________________
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2012

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:31 PM.