Old 11-24-2013, 05:47 PM   #11
I have the 6 point system on the 320RS. It works great do far. Have been in one location that the tires on one side were lifted off the ground. After seeing that, I lowered and put blocks to reduce stress. It has the power to lift it if needed. I like the electric better because I work in industrial maintenance. If a hydraulic hose were to bust, you can get a lot of fluid in bad places very quickly. With the electric you can at least hand crank them up and down if the motor goes out. I know each system has good and bad sides, but I still like the ones I have.

Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #12
Phat Phrogs Incognito...
Originally Posted by MC9 View Post
The Lippert 6 point is hydraulic.
Not on our Columbus. It's a Lippert 6 point and its electric.

Tina + Dutch and Bell, Bobo, Harley, Buddy (the dogs)
2011 F350 Lariat 4x4 DRW SuperCrew 6.7L (B&W setup w/Air Lift 5000 Ultimate)
2014 Columbus 365RL (Airflex and Voyager package)
Nights Camped 2014 - 154, 2015 - 32, 2016 - 4
DutchF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:42 PM   #13
My friend has a Cedar Creek with the hydraulic 6 point and it is super fast, both for leveling and for raising/lowering the front for hitching.

My next one will definitely have the 6 point leveling system. I would consider having mine retrofitted, if the price were right.
2011 Ram Truck 2500, Crew Cab, 6.7L CTD, 4X4, 3.73 Rear
PapaSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:09 PM   #14
I posted earler that I did not have any issues. Well today I went out to the unit raised my rear levelers and the two middle ones do not go up. The left rear will not come down. The light blinks orange by the left button and on the display it says error. I left it along and will see if it will rest itself (timeout). I looked at the manual and instruction video and donot see anything that relates to this problem. May have to call Lippert.
Cajun Happy
2014 Columbus 365RL
2012 Ram 2500 6.7L
Cajun Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:49 AM   #15
Did you try both rebooting by disconnecting negative terminal and then cutting shore power? I had a battery problem and was able to isolate to the battery and replace. Now all is good. When you reboot, use only shore power and don't reconnect the battery until you determine that it is good.
2013 Columbus 365 RL
2009 Ford F350 Super Duty Dually
Cobrafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:34 AM   #16
If the trailer sits for awhile, leave the TV umbilical hooked up to provide extra power capacity to the system. Also using the manual mode you must hit enter or only the front jacks will function. I have electric 4 point on my 320 RS, a friend of mine had the extra two installed for 6 point system and they really like it. The extra two legs are just stabilizers and come down last, after the 4 points are done leveling.
Brenda and John
'14 Ram 3500 MCSB 6.7L HO PullRite 16K S/G, Grey Columbus 320RS Camped '14 - 146 days/'15 - 196 days
USN-EOD(Ret), Master Chief, 30 yrs,
Master Blaster of the Navy
BigTJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:19 AM   #17
Level yes, rock solid no!

I have a Columbus 365RL (My wife's condo on wheels.) with 6 point levelling and strong arm struts. The unit levels easily, but I cannot find a way to lower the trailer uniformly, to load the struts. So, they basically hang off the bottom and serve no purpose. I would like to stiffen the support of the trailer to minimize movement in some of the windy (beach) places we stay. I am looking for any help I can find. My only other choice seems to be adding a pair of scissor jacks at the rear of the frame to provide additional stabilization.
Goodleto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #18
"On the road again"
Send a message via AIM to rjshiflet
I've got a Columbus 320RS with six-point ELECTRIC leveling and it's NEVER failed to be within 0.1 degrees of level. And, I'd say 95% of the time it's 0.0 or Dead Level! Love it...just punch AUTO LEVEL then I get busy connecting water and electric while it does its thing!

Robert & Estha Shiflet
'12 Columbus 320RS - 2015 Ford F-350 King Ranch & 2010 Ford F-250 King Ranch
Nights Camping 2012 & 2013 & 2014 & 2015: 458 ~ Nights Camping 2016: 95 So Far
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #19
Cajun Happy;
I have the 6-point electric system on our Wildcat 5er and love it. I did have an issue of it finishing a couple points out of level, thinking it was level. I did some research and there is a button sequence that resets it, just have it where you want it (level) then reset it. It's in the manual someplace, just one little short paragraph if I remember right. Lippert should be able to help you out also. I love the way the system levels the rig. I have about a foot of front-to-back elev change in the driveway and it does fine as long as I chock the wheels so there's no sideways pressure on the front jacks (friction makes it over-amp and think it's done, so it error's out). Good luck.
Steve & Jane & Smokey the ferrel Cat
2001 F250 SD, 7.3 Diesel, CC, SB
2013 Wildcat Maxx 313RE Touring Ed.
Days camped 2013 = 51 (as of 26 Apr)
NevadaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:32 AM   #20
Cajun happy....our 365rl has done this a couple if times. Somehow the leveling system forgets where it's at in the cycle hence it doesn't know what to do. We had same trouble where 2 center legs would not retract. What we do is push auto level again and let it re-level it self and then all is well. Try it. It works.

mvolnek is offline   Reply With Quote

columbus, leveling