Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2014, 06:18 AM   #1

A general question and any gazelle 210 owners?

Just bought a used 2007 gazelle 210 and am doing all the maintenance the last guy neglected to do. There are not many gazelle specific posts on here that I could find, was wondering if there is a more specific group around that I am unaware of. That being said, i have learned a lot in the posts i do read on here, so thanks everyone. I have a question. As i tighten screws in the trailer both inside and outside, i find most of them will not tighten and are loose or not grabbing wood. On the outside of the trailer, i have removed a few things to clean and reseal and the screws are rusted and don't tighten. What is the best solution for this problem? Just get bigger screws? Is there some sort of adhesive or compound i could inject in screw holes that would bond and form something that screws would grab into?
gazelleTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:29 AM   #2

If the fasteners are stripped going into (Alum structure) oversize fasteners needed. If going into (Wood?) dip toothpicks into (Wood glue for the application) and let cure,trim off extra and use proper (Length & Size) fasteners! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:45 AM   #3

thanks, will try the toothpicks!
gazelleTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags