Old 09-17-2013, 05:00 PM   #11

Ac vibration palomino columbus

My husband and I have a 2013 320rs and from the moment we took it out the AC -front and back vibrated badly and was very loud. We could get a massage sitting on the sofa-it vibrated so badly and you can feel the vibration in the kitchen. It roars in the bedroom. We have a spring popping in the theater seating and a leak in the window next to TV. With a few other problems to boot, the dealer told us to use it through summer, but a diode blew and we no longer had electricity. Now the columbus has been with dealer trying to fix AC problem for over a month and nothing seems to be working. Sounds like Columbus is resisting the obvious-PUT IN NEW AC UNITS! I AM NO LONGER ENCHANTED WITH THIS BEAUTIFUL UNIT and am tired of all the excuses when it is obvious that Houston has a problem. Please post any solutions you encounter.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:43 PM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

A diode blew ?

Old 09-17-2013, 08:40 PM   #13

The best answer at this point is to contact FR customer service and complain long and loud. Their is a Columbus RV owners group on FB where you may get some help as well. Hang in there, it does get better.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbutler083 View Post
My husband and I have a 2013 320rs and from the moment we took it out the AC -front and back vibrated badly and was very loud. We could get a massage sitting on the sofa-it vibrated so badly and you can feel the vibration in the kitchen. It roars in the bedroom. We have a spring popping in the theater seating and a leak in the window next to TV. With a few other problems to boot, the dealer told us to use it through summer, but a diode blew and we no longer had electricity. Now the columbus has been with dealer trying to fix AC problem for over a month and nothing seems to be working. Sounds like Columbus is resisting the obvious-PUT IN NEW AC UNITS! I AM NO LONGER ENCHANTED WITH THIS BEAUTIFUL UNIT and am tired of all the excuses when it is obvious that Houston has a problem. Please post any solutions you encounter.
Couple of things to check 1) remove the AC cover and see if mud daubers made nests inside the fan, this happened to us on our 2011 Rockwood. 2) make sure that the fan is not damaged. On our 2013 prime time tracer the fan blew itself appart (made in china), when I ordered the new fan it was made in the US and it did not vibrate. 3) spin the fan by hand and see if motor shaft is bent.
Days camped in 2015...more than 2014!!
yvesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:27 AM   #15

Late post addition. I had a similar problem. Bought a 2011 that had been setting a bit. Got it home and hooked up the a/c. It made a terrible vibration/noise. Dirt daubers had built in the fan cage and it busted the outer ring and some blades. I super glued it till I could get another. These came in around the copper lines going to the evaporator housing. I reseated that and don't think they can get back in. There were nests all in the a/c unit. Good luck to you.
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:16 AM   #16

I by-passed FR/Columbus and went straight to Dometic. New AC is being shipped to a Mobile RV Repair guy and they will be out to install it on Dometic. The Vibration Damper Kit had been installed prior to us taking delivery back in Dec, thus that was not the issue w/ the AC sounding like a freight train running through the bedroom. Hopefully they have this done just in time for winter in Texas! :-/
Old 10-01-2013, 06:46 AM   #17

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Vibration in ac------------

I also had vibration in my AC. It was extremely loud in the back of the fifth wheel. Upon investigating, I found the rear of the metal case was just touching the roof. Apparently the four large bolts that hold the unit to the dough nut on the roof had been tightened too much, especially the two rear bolts. I purchased a 1/4" thick foam door mat from Lowe's, cut 8" from one end of the mat, raised the rear of the AC unit just enough to insert the foam
rubber mat under the case between the roof and case. Let unit set back down on to foam mat. Presto, vibration gone!

The vibration is being generated where the case just touches the roof at the rear of the AC. You do not even have to remove the plastic cover to see
the problem. I first tried a rubber computer mouse pad by folding in half, inserting it under the case on one side. When the pad removed the noise
I then purchase a "DUCK DYNASTY" kitchen or door foam mat. It is about 1/4"
thick, cost about $4.99 on sale at Lowe's. Fixed my problem. The AC has never been so quite.

TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2017 66 DAYS
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote