So I've futzed with this a bit- first things first, I removed the awning lights from where we tapped into the basement light. My basement lights still didn't work until I found that a fuse in the controller had blown (light came on- the label certainly didn't match the fuse
). That let my lights work.
I tried readding in the LED lights and they wouldn't work. I'm fairly positive that the basement lights continued to work.
Thinking maybe we had wires backwards for the awning lights, I tried switching them. Neither the awning LED lights nor the basement lights worked after that. I didn't think to check the fuse and simpy un-wired the awning lights from the basement light. When it still didn't work, I rechecked the fuse and it had blown again (though, the light on the converter didn't light up).
I was doing the wiring with shore power, so maybe I'm blowing the fuses when I'm doing the wiring. It took me a while to realize I should have probably unplugged that AND disconnected the battery. But I didn't get zapped, so I consider it a win.
So, that's where I'm at. My basement lights work, but my awning lights do not seem to work whenever I hook them up.