Old 07-31-2013, 09:05 PM   #21
Fulltime family RVer

There's another thread here that has a link to a PDF with all of the warranty contacts for the various brand. That person should be able to help you find a more amenable dealer.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:54 PM   #22

It is too bad the RV world doesn't form a non-profit CO-OP like REI. Most of the folks that work at REI are outdoor experts because they spend time outdoors. Most of the RV dealers and employees have a limited knowledge of what its like to be on our side of the deal. If there was a co-op, we would be able to be members of the co-op, know we got a good deal, get knowledgeable service and the co-op could pay a dividend back to the members like REI. The people on this forum have a collective knowledge that no dealership, no repair shop, and no manufacturer could ever assemble.

2012 GMC 3500 Duramax Crew Cab, SuperGlide 20k
2014 Cedar Creek 36B4, LP Onan, Level-Up, Trail-Air pin, electric fridge
Campwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:45 AM   #23

It is a shame that you have problems with your dealer. If I were you I'd never, never buy as much as a light bulb from them again. Someone else posted on this thread about buying multiple RV from a dealer that has given bad service in the past. Sorry for his luck but he brought that on himself. I hate rude behavior from a dealer, I WONT TOLERATE IT!

Good luck with your 33ckts. I hope you get everything worked out. We really like ours even though we have had some poor workmanship problems with it. So far they have been minor.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
BuckeyeChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:50 AM   #24

That's what I told my wife last night. When I get it back they will never see me again. I will also tell anyone who ask not to deal with them because of their customer service. As long as my slide outs are adjusted right I will fix the brakes myself. We really like our ckts also. Hopefully this will be the last warranty fix we need.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:56 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Horned Owl View Post
Do I understand you correctly? Are you asserting that If a dealer seffl a defective unit that he has no obligation to repair it? Id so, who is obligated to do the repair?

Joel
that is correct, if the dealer sells you an absolute POS lemon , your recourse is against the manufacturer not the dealer, don;t believe me, call forest river and ask or better yet call a lawyer. that also means they do not have to do any warranty work they choose not to do, there are no franchised dealers they are just resellers of a product unlike cars dealers.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob34787 View Post
that is correct, if the dealer sells you an absolute POS lemon , your recourse is against the manufacturer not the dealer, don;t believe me, call forest river and ask or better yet call a lawyer. that also means they do not have to do any warranty work they choose not to do, there are no franchised dealers they are just resellers of a product unlike cars dealers.
Oh yes you DO have recourse, you don't have to ever deal with that shyster again and you can advise others to do the same. A dealer that takes your money when you buy from them and then mistreats you afterword should not be doing business. Like I said above....I WONT TOLERATE IT!

-BC-

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
Old 08-01-2013, 09:21 AM   #27

Nor will I.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:59 AM   #28

that is true you no longer have to deal with them, now all you have to do is do all the work yourself, or find another authorized repair center. I would have said another dealer but since you did not buy from them you will not get the best place in line for service. independent service center can and will do your repairs and charge the manufacturer, just call the FR rep. for your brand and get a list of authorized repair facilities. Mine was 75 miles from home so I choose to put up with lack luster service from my dealer after we made up , and I only had to buy 3 more rv's from him, and I still get poor service.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:16 AM   #29

Quote:
that is true you no longer have to deal with them, now all you have to do is do all the work yourself, or find another authorized repair center. I would have said another dealer but since you did not buy from them you will not get the best place in line for service. independent service center can and will do your repairs and charge the manufacturer, just call the FR rep. for your brand and get a list of authorized repair facilities. Mine was 75 miles from home so I choose to put up with lack luster service from my dealer after we made up , and I only had to buy 3 more rv's from him, and I still get poor service.
I guess I am fortunate in that I have at least a half a dozen dealers within 10 miles of where I live. If I were not so fortunate I would still not deal with a dealer that gives me bad service repeatedly. I would drive miles and miles to have the work done rather than to support a lack luster dealer.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
Old 08-01-2013, 10:39 AM   #30
daydreaming about camping

Quote:
Please note that the statements above do not accurately reflect federal law.

Under the Uniform Commercial Code the retailer assumes liability to the purchaser for any warranty, express or implied.

Typically the retailer has a contract that will put the manufacturer in their place, and as a mater of law will almost always be able to recover against the manufacturer.

However, the party with primary liability is always the retailer.

And car dealers are independent dealers, they are not franchises. This is actually a point of great contention in many states who are trying to rework their laws concerning auto dealers in light of Tesla and some other makers efforts to open company owned stores in those states. Any car dealer may refuse work to any car, but they may be in violation of their contract with the manufacturer. Those however are contract question, not a matter of federal law.

In addition almost every state has an implied warranty of merchant-ability that would apply against the dealer.

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote