Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2013, 09:36 AM   #181
Always Learning

Thanks for the details on what went wrong- I was really surprised to read that yours was headed back to the factory. Glad that Sabre and especially Sam are fixing it right. Keeps a LOT of confidence in the brand. I don't expect things to be perfect- but I do expect a top notch response when they aren't. Sounds like you're getting there...
Old 02-26-2013, 09:55 PM   #182

It took me a while to figure out the table leg receptacle screw issue, but now I get it. We're finally going to do our PDI and bring it home this Saturday, provided PDI goes well. I'll add the table leg base screws and looking at the bottoms of the slides for damage, to my list of things to check. I've also noted to observe for leaks at the shower door. Are there any other known issues that I should add to my list? I exchanged a few ideas with Sabre Sam this past Saturday, and he was a pleasure to speak with via PM. I pointed out that the glass in the doors is different in width from bedroom to bunkhouse, but they use the same width shade, which sacrifices privacy in the bedroom. On ours, the bedroom shade should be a minimum of 18" wide, and if the shade was sized for the wider bedroom glass, it'd still work for the bunkhouse door. I also pointed out how easy it would be to drill the AC vent in the 1/2 bath, and probably not too hard to get a heat register in there as well. To me, it doesn't make sense for the 1/2 bath (or any black tank) to not have a black tank flush, and that perhaps a fully wall controllable or remote controllable fan could be offered as an option for the 1/2 bath, considering the height back there. I also mentioned that another LP quick connect could be considered for standard or option. Most of these are items that are so much easier to do in the manufacturing process, and most of us would pay the few extra bucks for it to already be done, even if we are capable. Also, he did tell me that the TV backer in the bedroom is 6" wide and centered over the window, and runs from the top of the window to the roof. He's still working on getting me the info for the bunkhouse backer. All I could seem to feel on ours is a stud that seems to be about center of that opening. 4 more days.....can't wait!!!!!!!!

2012 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L
2013 Sabre 36QBOK-7 Platinum Package
LaydBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:48 PM   #183
36QBOK-7 Club

Send a message via AIM to bigblue08 Send a message via MSN to bigblue08 Send a message via Skype™ to bigblue08
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaydBack View Post
It took me a while to figure out the table leg receptacle screw issue, but now I get it. We're finally going to do our PDI and bring it home this Saturday, provided PDI goes well. I'll add the table leg base screws and looking at the bottoms of the slides for damage, to my list of things to check. I've also noted to observe for leaks at the shower door. Are there any other known issues that I should add to my list? I exchanged a few ideas with Sabre Sam this past Saturday, and he was a pleasure to speak with via PM. I pointed out that the glass in the doors is different in width from bedroom to bunkhouse, but they use the same width shade, which sacrifices privacy in the bedroom. On ours, the bedroom shade should be a minimum of 18" wide, and if the shade was sized for the wider bedroom glass, it'd still work for the bunkhouse door. I also pointed out how easy it would be to drill the AC vent in the 1/2 bath, and probably not too hard to get a heat register in there as well. To me, it doesn't make sense for the 1/2 bath (or any black tank) to not have a black tank flush, and that perhaps a fully wall controllable or remote controllable fan could be offered as an option for the 1/2 bath, considering the height back there. I also mentioned that another LP quick connect could be considered for standard or option. Most of these are items that are so much easier to do in the manufacturing process, and most of us would pay the few extra bucks for it to already be done, even if we are capable. Also, he did tell me that the TV backer in the bedroom is 6" wide and centered over the window, and runs from the top of the window to the roof. He's still working on getting me the info for the bunkhouse backer. All I could seem to feel on ours is a stud that seems to be about center of that opening. 4 more days.....can't wait!!!!!!!!
I cant remember your config but if you have the L shaped Dinette make sure you check the cabinet door right in front of it, someone left the table up during transport and it took a big hunk our of the door. Also I would check your big slide to make sure it is adjusted right. We found out the hard way this past weekend in 26 degree weather that it was not.
B&W Turn over ball and companion
Days Camped 2012 - 76
Days Camped 2013 - 7
bigblue08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:57 PM   #184

So we put in am order with the local dealer today. Factory order loaded up with near every option on a 36qbok, so excited! Compared the quote from rvwholesalers and ended up about 3000 more buying local vs importing across the border to Canada from wholesales and their shipping and exchange rates. I figured that works out alright and I can see the people I am dealing with face to face for any issues if necessary.

So they tell me 8 weeks for this factory order. Has anyone else had experience with this for delivery time?

2013 Sabre Palomino 36QBOK
2011 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie Dually
2010 Lincoln Navigator L
Scoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:15 AM   #185

For those of us who have a 2013 36 QBOK, does anyone have one that looks like this one...........

I know mine doesn't.
2006 HarleyDavidson RoadKing Classic
5verdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:20 AM   #186
36QBOK-7 Club

Send a message via AIM to bigblue08 Send a message via MSN to bigblue08 Send a message via Skype™ to bigblue08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoffman View Post
So we put in am order with the local dealer today. Factory order loaded up with near every option on a 36qbok, so excited! Compared the quote from rvwholesalers and ended up about 3000 more buying local vs importing across the border to Canada from wholesales and their shipping and exchange rates. I figured that works out alright and I can see the people I am dealing with face to face for any issues if necessary.

So they tell me 8 weeks for this factory order. Has anyone else had experience with this for delivery time?
That sounds fairly normal this time of year.
Days Camped 2012 - 76
Days Camped 2013 - 7
Old 02-27-2013, 07:38 AM   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoffman View Post

I ordered on 12/22. The factory shut down for two weeks during the Holidays. My unit has a tag on the inside door stating "Manuf 1/9/13 Due 1/11/13". The title work shows manuf date of 1/31/13. My dealer received it on 2/5 and I took delivery 2/16. So, from order to dealer receipt was approx 6 weeks, including the two week factory down time. However, as Sabre Sam recently reminded me, and my dealer told me also, the spring is a very busy time for manuafacturing and delivery so times get stretched out after Feb.
Airlift system/on board compressor

speedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:49 AM   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5verdriver View Post
For those of us who have a 2013 36 QBOK, does anyone have one that looks like this one.I know mine doesn't.
Yes...very much like mine except I did not opt for the basement TV...will install myself, and I have the super lounge vs. U shaped dinnette and couch. How is your different?

Old 02-27-2013, 08:05 AM   #189

[QUOTE=LaydBack;315392]It took me a while to figure out the table leg receptacle screw issue, but now I get it.

Pic of table leg recepticle/offset screws and "grooving" in the underbelly slide . They screws were "hidden" from view by the carpet flap. First clue was the wood debris in the carpet and in the screw head.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20130218_145253.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	24800

Click image for larger version

Name:	20130218_150629.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	24801

Old 02-27-2013, 08:23 AM   #190
Always Learning

Quote:
For those of us who have a 2013 36 QBOK, does anyone have one that looks like this one...........

I know mine doesn't.
I order back in May 2012 and took deliver my in July. I have a different style front cap without the LEDs. I didn't look any further in the video, though...
Old 02-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #191

[QUOTE=ependydad;I order back in May 2012 and took deliver my in July. I have a different style front cap without the LEDs. I didn't look any further in the video, though...[/QUOTE]

I do have the LED's on the front cap. They are controlled by a switch next to the landing pad control. I envision it looking good while at the campsite at night! Like most models...the manuf changes something every year...I am sure that when the 2014's come out I will see changes and additions I hoped to have

Old 02-27-2013, 10:27 AM   #192

Thanks

2012 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L
2013 Sabre 36QBOK-7 Platinum Package
LaydBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #193
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcat View Post
I do have the LED's on the front cap. They are controlled by a switch next to the landing pad control. I envision it looking good while at the campsite at night! Like most models...the manuf changes something every year...I am sure that when the 2014's come out I will see changes and additions I hoped to have
So, I watched the video the whole way through. Definite differences now from when I bought - some I like, some I'm happy to not have. I do believe that Sabre listens. I sent Sam a list of things that I thought Sabre could do better and/or offer things as options. I like to believe that they listed with the options for the centra vac and Trailair pin box came from my suggestions. Heck, even in the pre-production, I saw pictures of the exterior and recommended that they move the awning further back on the unit to it's present location. The rep then told me that helped sway their decision.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:52 PM   #194

I'm really kinda ticked right now about the whole thing. Our unit has a tag on it that says it was Mfg'd in July of 2012 and the title says it is in fact a 2013. The idea that Palomino apparently changed design/options mid-year really doesn't set well with me.
Our coach doesn't have: The nose with the LED's
TrailAir pin box
Front stabilizers
Outside TV
Platnium graphics
nice lamp over dinette
Don't get me wrong, I understand the differences from year to year, but it's the changes midstream that I don't get.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:02 PM   #195
36QBOK-7 Club

Quote:
I'm really kinda ticked right now about the whole thing. Our unit has a tag on it that says it was Mfg'd in July of 2012 and the title says it is in fact a 2013. The idea that Palomino apparently changed design/options mid-year really doesn't set well with me.
TrailAir pin box
Front stabilizers
Outside TV
Platnium graphics
nice lamp over dinette
Don't get me wrong, I understand the differences from year to year, but it's the changes midstream that I don't get.
The trail air pinbox, outside tv and the stabilizers are all options, I think the platinum package adds the rest. Maybe SabreSam can confirm.

Here is a link to standards and options
http://www.palominorv.com/Productinf...ures&RVType=FW
Days Camped 2012 - 76
Days Camped 2013 - 7
Old 02-27-2013, 08:04 PM   #196
Always Learning

Quote:
TrailAir pin box
Front stabilizers
Outside TV
Platnium graphics
nice lamp over dinette
My unit was ordered in May and built in June 2012 and I'm happy. I don't like the boxy front or LEDs or even the platinum look (no offense to those who have and like them- just not my cup of tea). The pin box, TV and stabilizers are all options. I opted out of the TV and had my dealer include stabilizers with my deal so it was one package price for me. I'll eventually upgrade to the trailair/triglide pin box (different than what's included as an option).

I'll give you the lamp- that's nicer than what we have.

But, just read some of the other threads for other manufacturers, there are design changes that people don't want! I think this just seems to be a fact of life for RV purchases.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:36 PM   #197

None of these options are/were offered on our unit. I just emailed the company for an explanation. Actually, back in October when we were at the dealership looking at the unit, the salesman gave us a brochure on this unit and the only date I could find on it was 2011 (which doesn't mean much to me) except all the options in the brochure fall in line with what we have on the coach.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:23 PM   #198
Always Learning

I think the only option that was an option when I ordered was the outside TV. All of the rest would have been added based on input from the customer base. I know I sent in input for things that I recommended be added (the stabilizers, air pin and others).

I guess I'm confused what you're miffed about or what you want to see done about it. But, it does seem like you need to do what you're doing and that's talking directly with your dealer and manufacturer.

If your build sheet was from 2011- that would have been pretty of of date and I'm not sure how it could have been specific to the 36qbok which wasn't finalized until April 2012. Seems like you may have an issues with your dealer and all.

Good luck.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:29 PM   #199

Big blue is correct those are options. They changed up their painting apparently midstream as it a more efficient way. At least what I was explained. Big thing I saw in the change mid year is the led lights were added. It's the same thing gmc did in 2007 when they changed the classic body style to new one mid year. I bought the classic 2 months before the switch. It happens, just enjoy what you have because there will always be newer and better and more options.

2013 Sabre Palomino 36QBOK
2011 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie Dually
2010 Lincoln Navigator L
Scoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:25 PM   #200

Update---

Very impressed with prompt response from District Manager....

we are presuming that your Sabre was manufactured
after March 1 of 2012. You say you purchased it after that time, however a VIN
number would be needed to give you a definitive yes or no regarding the model
year.

We can tell you that we change model year data in March, each year. So sometime
this next month we will switch to the 2014 models. They will look like the 2013
that has been built since September.

The look will not change until September 2013 if we make any changes at all.
The unit you purchased was updated in September 2012 to look as it does in the
current brochures. A new front cap, LED light throughout the entire coach, an
optional 12cf refer, color dyed high gloss exterior plus many other upgrades and
changes were made.

All of the changes added up to an increased cost to the dealer of exactly
$3,300.00. Depending on your personal views of the newest look of the 36, you
can see that you most likely purchased your 36 at a cost far below the current
prices.

In any case, please feel free to reply here with the last 7 digits of your vin
number. Probably starts D3007---.

With that number we can tell you
Exactly what model year you purchased.

Jack Peeples
Sabre RSM: Northeast

Because ours was mfg'd in July 2012, sounds like we missed all the upgrades.
At the end of the day, we are still very happy with our coach, and can't wait for spring so we can get this rig on the road and