Old 02-15-2013, 10:37 PM   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuffs9017 View Post

Was considering this one..... Looks like it doesn't require a roof anchor either.
That's the one that anchors to the roof.

2012 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L
2013 Sabre 36QBOK-7 Platinum Package
LaydBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:14 PM   #162

Well, all is set. I closed on my son's home loan yesterday, but the dealer was all booked for PDIs today. They will be getting ready for an RV show next week and closed next weekend for that show. We just have to workout a time to do my PDI. I went over today and looked it over again, and they actually had 2 more 36QBOKs out back with mine that are sold and awaiting delivery, and one more unit in stock. This unit is moving really good for them, even though they're not taking it to the shows, mostly due to it's size and the amount of space that they have at the shows. I noticed there is no heat or AC in the 1/2 bath, so I guess there's another mod that I hadn't anticipated. The brochure says that heat and AC are standard in all bathrooms. Does anyone have the registers in theirs? I'm going to ask this on the Sabre Sam thread.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:32 PM   #163
36QBOK-7 Club

Send a message via AIM to bigblue08 Send a message via MSN to bigblue08 Send a message via Skype™ to bigblue08
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaydBack View Post
Well, all is set. I closed on my son's home loan yesterday, but the dealer was all booked for PDIs today. They will be getting ready for an RV show next week and closed next weekend for that show. We just have to workout a time to do my PDI. I went over today and looked it over again, and they actually had 2 more 36QBOKs out back with mine that are sold and awaiting delivery, and one more unit in stock. This unit is moving really good for them, even though they're not taking it to the shows, mostly due to it's size and the amount of space that they have at the shows. I noticed there is no heat or AC in the 1/2 bath, so I guess there's another mod that I hadn't anticipated. The brochure says that heat and AC are standard in all bathrooms. Does anyone have the registers in theirs? I'm going to ask this on the Sabre Sam thread.
I think it comes out of the cabinet in a small plastic vent, heat that is.
B&W Turn over ball and companion
Days Camped 2012 - 76
Days Camped 2013 - 7
bigblue08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #164
Fulltime family RVer

Our 1/2 bath has neither heat nor air. It doesn't get too hot, but can be chilly in cool weather (we haven't camped in cold).

The main bathroom up front has both.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:45 PM   #165

I knew that I'd seen one online that had a heat register in the 1/2 bath. Guess they stopped it at some point. Looks like the AC one shouldn't be an issue. The duct should be right between the vent and the wall where the vanity is. When I add the black tank flush for the 1/2 bath, I guess I'll figure out how to route heat to it too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	36QBOK Half Bath.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	24468  

Old 02-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #166
36QBOK-7 Club

Send a message via AIM to bigblue08 Send a message via MSN to bigblue08 Send a message via Skype™ to bigblue08
Quote:
I knew that I'd seen one online that had a heat register in the 1/2 bath. Guess they stopped it at some point. Looks like the AC one shouldn't be an issue. The duct should be right between the vent and the wall where the vanity is. When I add the black tank flush for the 1/2 bath, I guess I'll figure out how to route heat to it too.
I knew I saw that picture somewhere, unfortunately I checked this weekend and it was not of my unit
B&W Turn over ball and companion
Days Camped 2012 - 76
Days Camped 2013 - 7
bigblue08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:56 PM   #167

We took possession of our QBOK Saturday and are exhausted from the experience. This is one big sucker!! So by the #s this is the tale of the tape. 42' from stem to stern/from king pin to bumper. The height is actually making me second guess every bridge overpass and stop light/utility line. I measure 12' to the roof line just above the bedroom window passenger side. Add 15" for the 2nd A/C and and inch or three for the arch in the roof and the total is 13'6". My dry weight ended up at 12,349lbs. Due to a misunderstanding with our order it came with the wide lower bunk vs. the couch with airbed. The sales manager gave us a cash credit and we were satisfied as we had wondered if the bunk would suit us better than the couch anyway. The towing experience has been better than expected. the coach certainly tracks better and is more stable when dealing with the trucks on the interstate and my fuel mileage ended up about the same. I have had a little "chucking" back and forth but nothing severe. In fact the ride is smoother at higher speeds. When I pulled off of the dealers lot it was dark, 19 degrees and snowing. A few miles down the road the DW and kids are ready to stop for dinner since our lunch had consisted of complimentary hot dogs from the dealership. So Cracker Barrel it is, but wait..how do I nav and park this beast?? The DW instructs me to bypass the service road to the CB and turn around in the adjacent neighborhood for a better approach...I make the smart comment.."hope it's not a dead end"..well..as luck has it..yes...a dead end...so in the freezing blowing snow the DW gets out and directs me to back into a residential driveway and turn around...after a few beads of sweat and anxious moments we nav the turn and make it back to the CB for dinner prior to the long trip back home...enough for now..I will post more later about my PDI and further inspection at home.
Airlift system/on board compressor

speedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:46 AM   #168

Congrats on your new toy and home away from home when travelling.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:03 AM   #169
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
I don't think that's a heat register in the picture. I think there was some discussion at one point of "what is it?" I don't recall what it is- but I don't think it's a heat register...
Old 02-19-2013, 01:39 PM   #170
Fulltime family RVer

In fact, this is a picture of my actual camper (pics taken on the dealer's lot last July):

I'm almost positive that it's not a heat register. It's on the other side of the wall from our converter/breaker box. My guess is that it's a fan outlet.

I thought I had heard that the newer campers had this moved to the stairwell wall - hence the removing of this vent.

When I pull the cover on the bottom of the camper in the coming months to install my black tank flush for the 2nd black tank, I'll see if I can tell any better.