Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2013, 09:48 PM   #381

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCCowboy View Post
Very Nice! Looks great with that new truck and by the sounds of your drive home I am guessing you are glad you upgraded to that F350DRW

Happy camping and now let the mods begin!
Could not even imagine being in a srw today. The sheer awesome power I had was impeccable and the control was like no other. I towed the bumper pull up and was wagging the dog like you could not believe. I averaged a good 53-55 there in a strong headwind and a comfy 62-65 back home.
Nights Camped 2013 - Not enough!
mhuffs9017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:52 PM   #382

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevada5er View Post
Beautiful pics! Ours comes off the assembly line on May 23rd and then the long drive across the USA. So We are looking at the end of May for ours. Our current 5th wheel will be going to it's new family tomorrow. Kinda sad. Does your kitchen have the new pull out pantry like qccowboys? Congrats!!
It does not. Pantry is on the other wall side but do have an awesome pull out drawer under the fridge for pots and pans. Tows like a dream. Good luck with yours when it arrives. Having trouble keeping the neighbors out now and we haven't camped yet!
Old 04-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #383

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynkage View Post
Very nice! Pretty much the same setup as you just a different FR but same floorplan.

Congrats!
Thank you. We are so excited!
Old 04-19-2013, 09:59 PM   #384

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuffs9017 View Post
Havkng trouble keeping thr neighbors out now and we haven't camped yet!
I know the feeling. Had more people stop by in the first 12 hours of bringing our home than I could have imagined! Feels great to actually have it and be able to show it off though doesn't it?
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:48 PM   #385
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCCowboy View Post

I know the feeling. Had more people stop by in the first 12 hours of bringing our home than I could have imagined! Feels great to actually have it and be able to show it off though doesn't it?
My neighbors either don't like me or know I'm anti-social. :-) Very few visitors...

Or they're pissy that I park it out front on the road!
Old 04-20-2013, 07:35 AM   #386

Laydback- back to what I originally asked, if you could post your dually setup all loaded to hit the road, that would be what I'm curious about. I'm more the 'apples-to-apples' kind of guy. Moreover, I would have gone with the dually, but I just couldn't justify it for a everyday driver vs. the 2-3 long trips a year and having a ever-so-slight sag ( without mods yet ) in the combo. Happy trails-----------
2006 HarleyDavidson RoadKing Classic
5verdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:28 AM   #387

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5verdriver View Post
Laydback- back to what I originally asked, if you could post your dually setup all loaded to hit the road, that would be what I'm curious about. I'm more the 'apples-to-apples' kind of guy. Moreover, I would have gone with the dually, but I just couldn't justify it for a everyday driver vs. the 2-3 long trips a year and having a ever-so-slight sag ( without mods yet ) in the combo. Happy trails-----------
Will do, not sure when I'll have them hooked up again. Mhuff posted a pic of his hooked up to his dually just a few posts up though. I wasn't indicating the sag of the truck, or 3/4 ton/SRW vs dually, I'm strictly speaking of the trailer profile. I was just thinking that you may need to make some hitch/pin box adjustments to get the trailer to sit more level going down the road, if you think it's just the angle of the pic, I stand corrected. It couldn't hurt anything to be level, but nose high can cause some issues, as well as adding height to an already tall setup. A few other members commented on sag, which any truck is gonna sag some with 2000lbs dropped on the rear axle. To me the sag isn't bad unless it unloads the front too much causing steering/handling issues or stresses the rear suspension to the point of making the ride crappy. The pics of my old setup were just to illustrate the trailer being level. The tongue weight of the trailer plus the golf cart puts about 1800lbs back there, and the truck had no suspension mods. The dealer originally set me up nose high and unloading the front axles of the truck, and I had sway and handling issues. Once I learned the hitch and made the adjustments, night and day different experiences. I'm interested to see how my setup looks now that we've got it loaded for camping, and to see if I have to make hitch adjustments.

2012 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L
2013 Sabre 36QBOK-7 Platinum Package
LaydBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #388

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5verdriver View Post
Here is a pic of mine 'almost' fully loaded. I don't have food or clothes, but every other bit of gear that we would take with us is loaded in at this point. As you can see there is definitely sag (probably about 2") in the rear of the truck, but not enough to impact my steering capabilities or the ride.

The most important thing, like Laydback mentions how the 5ver is leveled vs. being nose high. My hitch might need some adjustment after I add the airbags to level it out again as raising the rear of the truck will also lift the nose of the camper up a little and therefore lower the back of it (think of a teeter totter), but I won't know until after I add them and connect up. I do agree with LaydBack that this is something you might want to look into.

My hitch has 4 different positions that it can be placed on to adjust the height and I can still drop one more if necessary. Might want to check yours to see if this is something that you need to do. If you do lower it at all you want to not only try to level it out, but also make sure that you have enough clearance between the bed of the truck and the 5ver.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #389

Thanks QCCowboy for adding to what my point is. All of our trucks will do the job, in fact I almost kept my Chevy, as I had it EFI Live tuned, etc. My concern was setup stability and keeping as much air as possible from under the trailer with the nose appearing high.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:10 PM   #390

Has anyone had the issue of the AC fan coming on when you set the thermostat to furnace/heat? Both of mine do it, but the furnace actually comes on with the main thermostat. It didn't always do it, and I can't say that I ever tried turning the 2nd AC's thermostat to furnace. It definitely doesn't seem that the compressor runs.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:17 PM   #391

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaydBack View Post
Has anyone had the issue of the AC fan coming on when you set the thermostat to furnace/heat? Both of mine do it, but the furnace actually comes on with the main thermostat. It didn't always do it, and I can't say that I ever tried turning the 2nd AC's thermostat to furnace. It definitely doesn't seem that the compressor runs.
If your stat is like mine, it is a Common problem that dealers should explain, but don't. Cycle thru to fan, then adjust it to auto instead of hi or low. Then back to heat and you should be good.
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:18 PM   #392
Always Learning

This sounds snotty but isn't meant to be - but, read the manual. There's a setting that makes it do this. (Or so I've read in here.)

Mine doesn't do that.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:28 PM   #393

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstromsburg View Post

If your stat is like mine, it is a Common problem that dealers should explain, but don't. Cycle thru to fan, then adjust it to auto instead of hi or low. Then back to heat and you should be good.
Thanks, that nailed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
This sounds snotty but isn't meant to be - but, read the manual. There's a setting that makes it do this. (Or so I've read in here.)

Mine doesn't do that.
Thanks.....looked there first.....my manual doesn't even show the stat I have, let lone offer the solution given above. Doesn't appear I got a manual for the stat.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:45 PM   #394
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaydBack View Post

Thanks, that nailed it.

Thanks.....looked there first.....my manual doesn't even show the stat I have, let lone offer the solution given above. Doesn't appear I got a manual for the stat.
Glad he had better directions than I did! Strange- but I got an actual thermostat manual. My generic one is ok-to-fair, but not specific enough to be helpful.

I think there's and electronic copy of the manual in the files section of the site.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:52 PM   #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post

Glad he had better directions than I did! Strange- but I got an actual thermostat manual. My generic one is ok-to-fair, but not specific enough to be helpful.

I think there's and electronic copy of the manual in the files section of the site.
Thanks, I'll look for it. I even tried Dometic's site....but couldn't come across an instruction manual for the stat. I pulled the control box from behind the AC filter cover, and was able to get an idea of what was going on, but hadn't given thought to the 3rd fan setting (auto).

Old 04-21-2013, 10:29 AM   #396

Has anyone figured out a way to get more pressure out of the shower head? I have a pressure regulator set to 60.
bluflame11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #397

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluflame11 View Post
Has anyone figured out a way to get more pressure out of the shower head? I have a pressure regulator set to 60.
Just responded to your other post in the mods section asking the same question.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:35 AM   #398

thanks, SW just had her first shower and she was not really happy with the pressure pressure
Old 04-21-2013, 10:35 AM   #399

DW
Old 04-21-2013, 10:38 AM   #400

Mine was always the same way until i put the Oxygenics in.....just as good as home now.