Old 10-16-2012, 03:07 PM   #21
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdulworth View Post
We have had our 2013 Sabre 36QBOK for a few months and have camped with it a few times. We have had a few small issues but all in all are very happy.
For us - we have 37 nights so far this year (this weekend, we'll hit 40). Overall, given the minor problems that we have- we're stupidly happy with it!

Old 12-08-2012, 10:20 AM   #22

Same Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by kritta View Post
Does anyone have any recommendations over the 34TBOK vs. 36QBOK? Trying to decide which way to go. Wondering what the room difference is around the in the master between the 2 and if the main slides are the same size or not.
I have the same question. Was wondering what you found out? Is the bunkhouse beds longer and/or the couch in the center slide, is it longer?

Old 12-08-2012, 11:22 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiman View Post
I have the same question. Was wondering what you found out? Is the bunkhouse beds longer and/or the couch in the center slide, is it longer?
We got the 36QBOK and love the space! It's me, DW, two kids (12 & 9 yo), and our 100lb Weimaraner. The rear bunkhouse (BH) in the 36 is considerably larger than the 34. You not only gain an extra place to sleep, but you're also able to unfold the sleeper sofa and have room to still walk around in the BH. We also keep our extra-large dog crate in the rear BH so the extra room is a must for us. I believe that the beds are all the same length, however. One neat thing in the 36 is that the kids have their own 1/2 bath with a separate entrance.

I believe that the main living area is the same length in both models. The major exception is that the 34 has a huge walk-in pantry (in place of the 1/2 bath in the 36). We're not hurting for cabinet storage space for our sundry so that's not an issue for us.

The master in the 34 may be bit wider. Again, not a big deal for us b/c we don't spend that much time there and the 36's master space is sufficient for us. Maybe if we were full-timers it would be a different story. My only complaint about the Sabre's master is that the ceiling closest to the closet slopes down so much that I bang my head when I get up in the morning if I'm not careful (I'm only 5'11").

No matter which one you get, I'd recommend the counter extension in the kitchen as things can get tight sometimes when everyone is trying to eat. Also, keep in mind that the 36 is actually 41'7" long vs the 34's 38'10". The three extra feet may not matter much on the open road, but can prove a little more cumbersome when maneuvering in some of the state parks here in TN.

Hope this helps...B
Old 12-10-2012, 09:37 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjlowe View Post
We got the 36QBOK and love the space! It's me, DW, two kids (12 & 9 yo), and our 100lb Weimaraner. The rear bunkhouse (BH) in the 36 is considerably larger than the 34. You not only gain an extra place to sleep, but you're also able to unfold the sleeper sofa and have room to still walk around in the BH. We also keep our extra-large dog crate in the rear BH so the extra room is a must for us. I believe that the beds are all the same length, however. One neat thing in the 36 is that the kids have their own 1/2 bath with a separate entrance.

I believe that the main living area is the same length in both models. The major exception is that the 34 has a huge walk-in pantry (in place of the 1/2 bath in the 36). We're not hurting for cabinet storage space for our sundry so that's not an issue for us.

The master in the 34 may be bit wider. Again, not a big deal for us b/c we don't spend that much time there and the 36's master space is sufficient for us. Maybe if we were full-timers it would be a different story. My only complaint about the Sabre's master is that the ceiling closest to the closet slopes down so much that I bang my head when I get up in the morning if I'm not careful (I'm only 5'11").

No matter which one you get, I'd recommend the counter extension in the kitchen as things can get tight sometimes when everyone is trying to eat. Also, keep in mind that the 36 is actually 41'7" long vs the 34's 38'10". The three extra feet may not matter much on the open road, but can prove a little more cumbersome when maneuvering in some of the state parks here in TN.

Hope this helps...B
Bjlowe;
Thanks for the help but the info. I have says the 34TBOK is 38' 10" and the 36QBOK is 39' 4" long. Which is 6 inches difference between the two. What is the real length of the 36QBOK?
Old 12-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #25
Fulltime family RVer

The FR favorite rep said the 36QBOK was 41' 10" (but that was their preproduction model). bjlowe above says 41' 7", I think.

Hooked up to my truck, I'm 58 1/2' long- give or take.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:22 PM   #26

A few questions while I'm waiting on ours

Hey fellow 36QBOK owners. I've got a little bit to go before our unit gets delivered to the dealer, and I've got a few questions......Okay, a lot.

1. I'm seeing several 2013s online with the electrical panel under the refrigerator, is this the latest location or is the wall by the steps up to the bedroom the latest location?

2. We ordered the central vac, I also have a hardwired surge guard that I plan to install. Assuming the electrical panel is near the steps, is underneath the wood stair tread the best location for the surge guard, or is it better to go thru the pass thru/basement?

3. Where is the antenna power button, and is there clearance on the roof to add a Wingman to the antenna? Or, has anyone gone with the Jack antenna mounted to the roof, and if so, did it cover all the holes from the original antenna?

4. Has anyone taken advantage of the W/D hookup and added the Splendide?

5. We ordered the super lounge, do the tables store in the drawers beneath it?

6. Where do you store the table for the bunkhouse? Under the rear sofa sleeper?

7. What do you cover the bunhouse folding bed/bench mattress with for bench use?

8. I want to add cyclone vents, how many plumbing vents are on the roof?

9. Has anyone added wall mounted TVs in the bedroom and bunkhouse, and what mounts did you use?

10. I have a 2012 F350 DRW w/ 8' bed. I installed the B&W companion setup. For those with this setup, I'd like to know where you have it set as far as the different positions you can set it up at.

11. We ordered the bike rack on the back, and I'm pretty sure it'll be the new design (black one). I'm not sure how it works, as far as securing the bikes to it, can someone elaborate?

12. Does this unit have the switch that makes you choose whether you want to use the indoor or outdoor microwave, or are you free to use either without having to do anything special?

13. Does the fireplace or any of the heavy load items share a circuit with anything else?

14. How does the furnace do in cooler weather? Is it lacking in the bunkhouse? What about AC to the bunkhouse in the summer heat?

Sorry if I got carried away. I'm a modding machine and it's been a couple of months since I sold all my toys, so I'm getting a bit anxious to have something to tinker with. Thanks
Old 12-27-2012, 11:51 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaydBack View Post
Hey fellow 36QBOK owners. I've got a little bit to go before our unit gets delivered to the dealer, and I've got a few questions......Okay, a lot.

1. I'm seeing several 2013s online with the electrical panel under the refrigerator, is this the latest location or is the wall by the steps up to the bedroom the latest location?

Our 2013 has the electrical panel under the refrigerator so I would say this is the new location.

2. We ordered the central vac, I also have a hardwired surge guard that I plan to install. Assuming the electrical panel is near the steps, is underneath the wood stair tread the best location for the surge guard, or is it better to go thru the pass thru/basement?

Based on the location of the panel under the refrigerator I would recommend installing it there or between the input at the rear of the coach and the panel location.

3. Where is the antenna power button, and is there clearance on the roof to add a Wingman to the antenna? Or, has anyone gone with the Jack antenna mounted to the roof, and if so, did it cover all the holes from the original antenna?

The only power button I have found is behind the TV for the amplified signal. We have not changed the original antenna yet.

We have not.

We have the U-shaped seating area and we store the table on it's edge with towels wrapped around it to cushion it.

We store the smaller table for the bunkhouse under the rear bunk... we don't have the sofa sleeper in the back we have a bunk with storage under. We have also found that we can put the table under one of the bunk pads and it holds it just fine.

7. What do you cover the bunhouse folding bed/bench mattress with for bench use?

We have not come up with a cover yet...

We are on vacation for Xmas and I will have to check when we come back home.

9. Has anyone added wall mounted TVs in the bedroom and bunkhouse, and what mounts did you use?

I added a locking wall mount TV bracket to the bunkhouse.... Camping world sells it now it is Item #51564 and they call it a locking cantilever mount. We put a 22" TV with DVD player built it. Works great.

10. I have a 2012 F350 DRW w/ 8' bed. I installed the B&W companion setup. For those with this setup, I'd like to know where you have it set as far as the different positions you can set it up at.

We have a 2008 Ford F450 (All F450's have an eight food bed) We have the same hitch set up. We set ours up in the neutral position (Or middle) and it works great. The trailer and truck are both nearly perfectly level with this setup.

11. We ordered the bike rack on the back, and I'm pretty sure it'll be the new design (black one). I'm not sure how it works, as far as securing the bikes to it, can someone elaborate?

We have the silver one and I can only recommend buying a bunch of those ratcheting tie downs. I use a combination of those and bungie cords which has worked very well.

12. Does this unit have the switch that makes you choose whether you want to use the indoor or outdoor microwave, or are you free to use either without having to do anything special?

You are free to use either one... but you have to be careful not to overload if you are on a 30 amp vs. 50 amp.

13. Does the fireplace or any of the heavy load items share a circuit with anything else?

I have not checked on this and because I'm on vacation I can't answer this... I can check it when I return next year.

14. How does the furnace do in cooler weather? Is it lacking in the bunkhouse? What about AC to the bunkhouse in the summer heat?

The furnace works great in our experience. I will say that we are in California and have not camped in our trailer under 30 degrees so I would encourage other input on this question from people who live in colder areas.

The AC in the bunkhouse works just fine. I've noticed the AC into the master bedroom is lacking during hot temperatures over 85-90. We are going to add a second AC in the master bedroom. Because it is already setup for wiring and and ducted... it will boost the overall cooling and airflow through the entire unit.

Sorry if I got carried away. I'm a modding machine and it's been a couple of months since I sold all my toys, so I'm getting a bit anxious to have something to tinker with. Thanks
I for one I am glad hear we have someone who is going to do a bunch of modifications to the same unit... it makes it easier for me to do the same thing after you work through any issues which might come up.

Please include some pics when you detail your modifications!

Joe
Old 12-27-2012, 01:29 PM   #28

Quote:
I for one I am glad hear we have someone who is going to do a bunch of modifications to the same unit... it makes it easier for me to do the same thing after you work through any issues which might come up.

Joe
Thanks Joe. Here's a link to some of my mods on the camper and golf cart I just sold.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=85f7a...B9BD05CB%21602

I haven't had luck adding it to my sig, but I generally do writeups with pics.

2012 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L
2013 Sabre 36QBOK-7 Platinum Package
LaydBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:56 PM   #29

Quote:

Our 2013 has the electrical panel under the refrigerator so I would say this is the new location.

Not to debate you, but I guess it's confusing. The dealer we ordered from in mid November had just gotten one in a day or 2 before we ordered, and it had the panel by the steps. I don't know when you bought, but maybe some of the one's I'm seeing online are older stock 2013s.

Based on the location of the panel under the refrigerator I would recommend installing it there or between the input at the rear of the coach and the panel location.

The only power button I have found is behind the TV for the amplified signal. We have not changed the original antenna yet.

Now that you mentioned it, I've noticed it in some of the pics I've seen online.

We have not.

We have the U-shaped seating area and we store the table on it's edge with towels wrapped around it to cushion it.

We store the smaller table for the bunkhouse under the rear bunk... we don't have the sofa sleeper in the back we have a bunk with storage under. We have also found that we can put the table under one of the bunk pads and it holds it just fine.

We have not come up with a cover yet...

We are on vacation for Xmas and I will have to check when we come back home.

I added a locking wall mount TV bracket to the bunkhouse.... Camping world sells it now it is Item #51564 and they call it a locking cantilever mount. We put a 22" TV with DVD player built it. Works great.

Looks like a nice mount. Was there decals on your walls to indicate there was backing to support a TV? I saw the Sabre Sam post, but I don't recall feeling anything in the bunkhouse wall of the unit my dealer had in stock.

We have a 2008 Ford F450 (All F450's have an eight food bed) We have the same hitch set up. We set ours up in the neutral position (Or middle) and it works great. The trailer and truck are both nearly perfectly level with this setup.

How about height, are you low/high? As far as front back, I was more concerned with tailgate clearance when tailgate's down. Since I opted to not pay the dealer $2000 for the B&W setup, and did it myself for about $1125, I'd like to have it as close to where it needs to be, when I go to take delivery.

We have the silver one and I can only recommend buying a bunch of those ratcheting tie downs. I use a combination of those and bungie cords which has worked very well.

You are free to use either one... but you have to be careful not to overload if you are on a 30 amp vs. 50 amp.

Gotcha. I'm a union electrician (IBEW Local 1) and was just trying to size up if/how much modifying I might need to do electrically.

I have not checked on this and because I'm on vacation I can't answer this... I can check it when I return next year.

The furnace works great in our experience. I will say that we are in California and have not camped in our trailer under 30 degrees so I would encourage other input on this question from people who live in colder areas.

The AC in the bunkhouse works just fine. I've noticed the AC into the master bedroom is lacking during hot temperatures over 85-90. We are going to add a second AC in the master bedroom. Because it is already setup for wiring and and ducted... it will boost the overall cooling and airflow through the entire unit.

Nice to know. We ordered it with the 2nd AC. I wire the furnace blower to be able to operate without actually having ignition. This allows me to use electric heaters (and in this case the fireplace) for heat vs. propane, and use the furnace blower to circulate the air/heat.

Joe
Thanks again and especially for taking the time while on vacation. We're supposed to take delivery around Jan. 7, and I start 3 weeks of vacation on the 11th, so just trying to plan what mods I may be able to do while I'm off. It also looks like I got the link in my sig to work.

2012 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L
2013 Sabre 36QBOK-7 Platinum Package
LaydBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:16 AM   #30

We ordered ours last Sat and now living in anticipation of it's arrival in 7-8 weeks. We also ordered the super lounge, 2nd AC, central vac, couch/airbed in bunkhouse and titanium package. I,also, am going to mount my own TV's in the bunkhouse and master BR. I can feel the hard plate behind the wall in the master in the model we looked at but did not feel it in the bunkhouse so I am interested to know the location as well.

I also want to mount a TV in the basement. The mounting bracket Sabre uses is attached to the basement floor. It pulls out and the TV swings out sideways. Mor Ryd is the manufacturer of the mount. They also produce a mount that attaches to the ceiling of the basement with the TV pulling out and then swinging down. I like this option better as you do not take up basement floor space. Plus, something loose sliding around down there is less likely to strike the TV if its attached to the ceiling with the screen facing upward vs. stored horzontal on the floor mount.

Any suggestions are appreciated.