Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #581

They had installed the quad step but it was still high.
Brandon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:13 PM   #582

Unfortunately, the quadra steps aren't working out so well. I tried installing a set on the half bath door on Friday. They bolt up fine, but the way they're built/operate doesn't work with the factory brackets, unless I cut some of the bracket out. They also don't work with the tan trim that goes around the OE steps. It could be worked out, but I'm not sure I want to go through the process. Now I'm debating on sending them back and taking the hit, modding them to make them work, or trying to sell them. If anyone is interested, PM me and I can better explain via phone.

2012 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L
2013 Sabre 36QBOK-7 Platinum Package
LaydBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:36 AM   #583
Always Learning

Stephen, I'm really bummed to hear that. I was hoping that they would be a simple bolt-on install.

Good luck in whatever you choose.

Is it possible to take pictures of the problem areas?
Old 06-10-2013, 06:04 PM   #584

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaydBack View Post
Unfortunately, the quadra steps aren't working out so well. I tried installing a set on the half bath door on Friday. They bolt up fine, but the way they're built/operate doesn't work with the factory brackets, unless I cut some of the bracket out. They also don't work with the tan trim that goes around the OE steps. It could be worked out, but I'm not sure I want to go through the process. Now I'm debating on sending them back and taking the hit, modding them to make them work, or trying to sell them. If anyone is interested, PM me and I can better explain via phone.
There is another QBOK here in our loop that has the quad steps. If I see them out I will ask about them what they had to do.
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #585

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon327 View Post
Just spotted another 36 qbok but this thing had a lift and pulled by a lifted f250.
It wasn't a white f250 was it?
Old 06-10-2013, 08:24 PM   #586

Yes
Old 06-10-2013, 08:32 PM   #587

Too funny. I think they are close to us and are the ones with the quad steps. Thought it looked a little tall. Noticed the truck had about a 3" lift on it. Looked at the camper a little closer as we went by and it appears to be lifted as well.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #588

Where are you at ? I spotted it miramar beach( destin) on Thursday. I think the truck had Texas plates on it. It was a good looking rig but after pulling my 36qbok I would not want to pull that thing long distances with a lifted truck. Every lifted truck I have driven just handles different.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:40 PM   #589

Quote:
Where are you at ? I spotted it miramar beach( destin) on Thursday. I think the truck had Texas plates on it. It was a good looking rig but after pulling my 36qbok I would not want to pull that thing long distances with a lifted truck. Every lifted truck I have driven just handles different.
Must be the same one. Ft. Wilderness @ Disney. Texas plates.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #590

That is where I figured they were headed. They only stayed one night where I was at.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #591

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Stephen, I'm really bummed to hear that. I was hoping that they would be a simple bolt-on install.

Good luck in whatever you choose.

Is it possible to take pictures of the problem areas?
Doug, I was in a hurry Friday and didn't take any pics. I have plans to revisit them in the next few days. I think I may be able to mod my way through this. I will take pics and keep you guys posted.

2012 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L
2013 Sabre 36QBOK-7 Platinum Package
LaydBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:02 AM   #592
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjlowe View Post
Good question, these pads should increase stability due to better grip when placed directly on asphalt surfaces and also prevent damage to the asphalt during hot Tennessee summers...some campgrounds get a little upset when metal pads dig into their asphalt. They should also prevent sinking on non-solid surfaces. Additionally, I'm hoping that they'll have better grip when we use our hard plastic jack pads. I got a little nervous the last time when my standard metal pads almost slid off a stack of jack pads when I hooked up.

These new elephant foot pads may or may not do anything for me, but I thought I'd take a chance. I'll let you know.
How have these worked out for you?
Old 06-13-2013, 11:03 PM   #593

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
How have these worked out for you?
I only have the front pads installed so far because they were super easy. The rear ones require drilling and I've not dedicated the time to tackle that project. The rubber on the pads grip like crazy. When I lift the front landing gear, I have to pull the orange plastic jack pads off of the Elephant Foot pads. Also on solid surfaces like asphalt or concrete there's no sliding. Kinda makes sense....imagine the diminished grip of an NBA player wearing steel cleats vs. him wearing large, rubber-soled shoes.

We've noticed that when we experimented by stacking 5 or more orange jack pads to keep the front landing gear from being extended all the way, the orange plastic pads will actually shift a bit since the Elephant Foot pads grip them so much. I think that we need to use a cinder blocks or wood instead of the orange pads. We were just trying to save some weight.

Overall, I like the increased surface area and grip of the Elephant Foot pads on solid surfaces and on the orange jack pads. You can see how much of the orange pad is covered.

bjlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:18 PM   #594
Always Learning

Thanks for the update. I do know that the actual instructions for lynx levelers had something in them about not exceeding 4-high. Not sure if its related or not.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #595

We finally get ours today. We got to go and see it yesterday and take delivery this afternoon. We really liked what we saw and the upholstery (Cocoa) was very pretty. You never know what your going to get ordering sight unseen. I think we are probably one of the first people to have one on the west coast. Now for the moving in. It will be really nice to get everything back in and out from all over my house!
1999 Sandpiper
Tent
Nevada5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #596

As a comment to the picture with the elephant feet and orange pads. We have always just used 2X6's to put the landing gear on. It's very stable and we haven't ever had a problem with sinking.
1999 Sandpiper
Tent
Old 06-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #597

Another suggestion - My dad, who has a big diesel pusher, always parks on those white cutting boards.
1999 Sandpiper
Tent
Old 06-21-2013, 08:31 AM   #598

Has anyone used a swivel wheel trailer to Carry there golf cart behind there 36qbok?
Old 06-21-2013, 09:01 AM   #599
Always Learning

Quote:
Has anyone used a swivel wheel trailer to Carry there golf cart behind there 36qbok?
At 58 1/2' with my crew cab/long bed truck, I'm already over my state's normal maximum of 55'. I'm still legal, but am supposed to restrict my routes. That only gives me 6 1/2' to carry something behind before I hit the real maximum of 65'. That's just not enough to carry much of anything.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:17 AM   #600

The swivel wheel trailer is not really a trailer but more of a carrier. The manufacture dies not consider it a trailer. It has 2 points of attachment. It is also only 5, long. If you carry a cart it goes sideways. The length you give is that with bike rack down?