Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2013, 10:54 AM   #601
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon327 View Post
The swivel wheel trailer is not really a trailer but more of a carrier. The manufacture dies not consider it a trailer. It has 2 points of attachment. It is also only 5, long. If you carry a cart it goes sideways. The length you give is that with bike rack down?
Careful with the swivel wheel and what the MFR says- some states still consider it a trailer (Virginia and Florida, specifically that I know of). I don't know your state, obviously.

And, no bike rack for me. I figured we were long enough without it. :-)
Old 06-24-2013, 04:21 PM   #602

Hi friends! I have another small question...

We had our unit out for one trip and everything went very well...that was in the end of April. We are leaving tomorrow fit our next trip. I noticed when I pulled the 5ER out, I slid in the main slide and it did not make the ratcheting noise my dealer said to listen for when it is all the way in. Instead, it promptly tripped the breaker as soon as it was all the way in. I didn't think too much of it because it was on battery only, do I reset the breaker, moved it to the house to load, and slid out the living room slide with no problems. It even made the normal ratcheting sound when it got all the way out.

Now I went to slide it back in (it has been plugged in) and it tripped the breaker again...any ideas?
bluflame11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #603

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluflame11 View Post
Hi friends! I have another small question...

We had our unit out for one trip and everything went very well...that was in the end of April. We are leaving tomorrow fit our next trip. I noticed when I pulled the 5ER out, I slid in the main slide and it did not make the ratcheting noise my dealer said to listen for when it is all the way in. Instead, it promptly tripped the breaker as soon as it was all the way in. I didn't think too much of it because it was on battery only, do I reset the breaker, moved it to the house to load, and slid out the living room slide with no problems. It even made the normal ratcheting sound when it got all the way out.

Now I went to slide it back in (it has been plugged in) and it tripped the breaker again...any ideas?
Check all connections. A loose connection could cause the tripping.

2012 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L
2013 Sabre 36QBOK-7 Platinum Package
LaydBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:30 PM   #604

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjlowe View Post
I only have the front pads installed so far because they were super easy. The rear ones require drilling and I've not dedicated the time to tackle that project. The rubber on the pads grip like crazy. When I lift the front landing gear, I have to pull the orange plastic jack pads off of the Elephant Foot pads. Also on solid surfaces like asphalt or concrete there's no sliding. Kinda makes sense....imagine the diminished grip of an NBA player wearing steel cleats vs. him wearing large, rubber-soled shoes.

We've noticed that when we experimented by stacking 5 or more orange jack pads to keep the front landing gear from being extended all the way, the orange plastic pads will actually shift a bit since the Elephant Foot pads grip them so much. I think that we need to use a cinder blocks or wood instead of the orange pads. We were just trying to save some weight.

Overall, I like the increased surface area and grip of the Elephant Foot pads on solid surfaces and on the orange jack pads. You can see how much of the orange pad is covered.

Just curious, but are you using a tripod kingpin stand with this set-up? I have to say, I'm not crazy about the idea with or without a tripod. I guess the height wouldn't be SO bad if the 'footprint' of the blocks were twice the size of the landing gear pad. IMO, if your happy that's cool.
2006 HarleyDavidson RoadKing Classic
5verdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:13 PM   #605

I'm not using a tripod for the king pin. I we just experimenting with varous ways to set up our 5'ver.
bjlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:02 PM   #606

The rubber seals on my slides are coming loose when the slide goes out. I have been sliding them back in the goove and using the end of a key to "pop" them back in. Is anyone else having this problem? Would it be an issue to put a little gorilla glue in a few places to keep them in the groove? Any suggestions will be appreciated
Airlift system/on board compressor

speedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:08 PM   #607
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcat View Post
The rubber seals on my slides are coming loose when the slide goes out. I have been sliding them back in the goove and using the end of a key to "pop" them back in. Is anyone else having this problem? Would it be an issue to put a little gorilla glue in a few places to keep them in the groove? Any suggestions will be appreciated
I had the same problem on my main slide. I asked the RV Service Center to deal with it when they replaced my toilet (under warranty). Haven't noticed an issue since and am not real sure what they did! I'll look to see what I can see tomorrow.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:17 PM   #608

At first it was the seal on my main slide but now is also on the bedroom and bunkhouse. My theory is they stick to the edge of the slide when it is in and pull out of the groove when extended. It seems worse on the main slide since there is a bowing effect where the platform of the RV and skirt meet. I did see where someone suggested putting baby powder on the seal to keep it from sticking..
Airlift system/on board compressor

speedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:29 PM   #609
Always Learning

That's likely a valid hypothesis and the baby powder should help. I surprisingly only have issues on my main slide, but both the front and rear seals.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:09 PM   #610

camper choices

we have been looking at the crusader 360BHS but after many nights of looking at how big the camper is and how much it ways i think my families saftey is more eimportant. we have a 2006 cummins 2500 long bed 2WD and it has towed a 25' puma rear living for about 8 years. 3 kids latter it is time to upgrade. we need a lrge bunk house camper but everything that i have found is to large for my truck does anyone have any sugestions. i would like to stay with a 5er cause im a large fellow 6'1" 225# and i would like to fit in the shower. i would like to hear from people that are curently or have towed larger 5er's with diesel 3/4 tons. we live in louisiana and most of our camping will be no more that 3hrs away except for the ocasional yearly trip to some hilly country.
sbreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:52 PM   #611

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbreen View Post
we have been looking at the crusader 360BHS but after many nights of looking at how big the camper is and how much it ways i think my families saftey is more eimportant. we have a 2006 cummins 2500 long bed 2WD and it has towed a 25' puma rear living for about 8 years. 3 kids latter it is time to upgrade. we need a lrge bunk house camper but everything that i have found is to large for my truck does anyone have any sugestions. i would like to stay with a 5er cause im a large fellow 6'1" 225# and i would like to fit in the shower. i would like to hear from people that are curently or have towed larger 5er's with diesel 3/4 tons. we live in louisiana and most of our camping will be no more that 3hrs away except for the ocasional yearly trip to some hilly country.
I tow a Sabre 34TBOK with a F250 CC 4x4 V10, and it pulls great. I did add airbags to help smooth out the bumps. There had only been one hill (and it was in a campground at no speed) that caused me any stress on pulling. The second time at the same hill was no problem, just needed to realize what I needed to do. My 34tbok is 39' + long and just over 13K wet weight headed to camp for a week.
No worries from me
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:58 PM   #612

Has anyone experienced the bedroom AC short cycling, and has anyone experienced condensation on the bedroom and full bath AC vents? What is the solution? I left the unit at the campground, so I haven't got to tinker to see what the issue could be.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:09 PM   #613
Always Learning

Can you describe "short cycling"? We might have...

Definitely HAVE condensation issues out of all of our vents. Was actually pretty bad this last trip. I didn't remember it being this bad last year, but it DID happen then, too. I remember one night my leg got dripped on while sleeping.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:38 PM   #614

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Can you describe "short cycling"? We might have...

Definitely HAVE condensation issues out of all of our vents. Was actually pretty bad this last trip. I didn't remember it being this bad last year, but it DID happen then, too. I remember one night my leg got dripped on while sleeping.
The short cycling was the unit turning off then right back on within a minute. it would sometimes do it back to back. I'll pay closer attention when we get there tomorrow. I think the fan may have been in "on" mode instead of "auto" thru part of the cycling.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:16 PM   #615

I have noticed that. Usually when the AC cycles from high to low and then it will kick off and on a few times. It has been in auto mode and I haven't been to worried about it. It never has done it when the fan has been running at hi speed, just low. After a cycle or two it shut down for fifteen minutes or so. Noticed it while at Disney a couple weeks ago.
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:29 PM   #616
Always Learning

Sounds familiar- wife mentioned it seemed weird to her this past trip.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to the condensation? Why's it doing it? And what can we do to lessen it?
Old 06-26-2013, 11:39 PM   #617

Noticed that same condensation on ours too today...some in the bathroom that didn't seem surprising, but some also in the kitchen...
bluflame11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:34 AM   #618
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluflame11 View Post
Noticed that same condensation on ours too today...some in the bathroom that didn't seem surprising, but some also in the kitchen...
We've had it in all- bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and bunkhouse.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:22 AM   #619
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Sounds familiar- wife mentioned it seemed weird to her this past trip.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to the condensation? Why's it doing it? And what can we do to lessen it?
FYI

We're down in very humid FL @ the beach & we experienced condensation issue ourselves...what I found for a solution was keeping our bathroom vent closed & the fan off, as soon as I implemented with this...all vents went dry & air temp felt better in camper...

Old 06-27-2013, 07:24 AM   #620
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcat View Post
At first it was the seal on my main slide but now is also on the bedroom and bunkhouse. My theory is they stick to the edge of the slide when it is in and pull out of the groove when extended. It seems worse on the main slide since there is a bowing effect where the platform of the RV and skirt meet. I did see where someone suggested putting baby powder on the seal to keep it from sticking..
I always use "slide lube", a spray on foam for rv rubber seals on slides...makes it slick & a lot less sticky, I apply to our campers about 4x/year...