Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2014, 05:49 PM   #801

Here are some pictures of the floor plan that I have and pictures of the inside of a similar camper I would be turning the dinette area into a bunk are any help would be appreciated Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1405982816.398601.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	252.0 KB
ID:	58626Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1405982842.856633.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	308.5 KB
ID:	58627Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1405982868.181153.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	280.1 KB
ID:	58629
My daughter 2 daughters share the jack knife sofa now and my son sleeps on the dinette table/bed but there are out growing this area quick

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
sbreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:37 PM   #802

I picked up the futon today that I will use for the bottom bunk. I will remove legs and build a base with storage for it to sit on
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1406083010.327418.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	765.0 KB
ID:	58748Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1406083035.291904.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	740.1 KB
ID:	58749

sbreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:58 PM   #803

Is anyone having problems with the rear of their qbok bottoming out. We are sitting on some costly repairs because the rear stabilizer's motor has dragged on the ground when we park in our circle driveway. There is a slight bump but no matter what we do it hits. Now it looks like the stabilizer's motor may have pushed up on the grey tank and cracked it.

Any thoughts?

Old 09-10-2014, 02:17 PM   #804
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctyankee View Post
Is anyone having problems with the rear of their qbok bottoming out. We are sitting on some costly repairs because the rear stabilizer's motor has dragged on the ground when we park in our circle driveway. There is a slight bump but no matter what we do it hits. Now it looks like the stabilizer's motor may have pushed up on the grey tank and cracked it.

Any thoughts?

I think you might need to try putting boards down under the tires to raise unit enough to clear.
I have to do this to my camper twice a year when pulling in and out of my shop.
2- 2x6's on top of each other so my rear stabs clear.

TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 07:48 PM   #805
Always Learning

It has happened 2 or 3 times for me (2 of them were at the same intersection on my way to Knoebels). The 3rd was coming out of an approach to a railroad crossing at the bottom of a hill- I'm not sure if we hit, I couldn't see and couldn't get my window down in time to hear.

10,000-15,000 miles towing so far.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:33 PM   #806

Not yet (knock on wood). Have you checked the levelness of you camper when connected and fully loaded to you truck? I actually measured frame to ground at front, middle, and rear and was within a quarter inch in at all 3 spots. If nose was too high I have been in some spots where it could have happened.
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:56 AM   #807

My neighbors both live up on a hill and had problems with their campers bottoming out. They both order some heavy duty caster wheels and had them welded onto the back and Baam problem solved. His dealer welded them on for him for $100.

2015 Sabre 36QBOK-7
2007 F-350 Diesel FX-4
China Grove,NC
Pirates55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 01:26 PM   #808
Site Team

Hello all. I’m new to the site and this is my first post. Sorry it’s a bit long…

I’m posting in this thread even though my wife and I won’t officially be QBOK owners until tomorrow afternoon. We’ve walked through it a couple of times at the dealership and after looking at a number of other trailers, we decided that it’s definitely what we want.

Our story is actually kind of interesting/funny. We currently are parked permanent with a 2008 Wildwood with 4 bunks in the back. But with 3 kids (plus their friends) and 2 dogs we decided that we need something just a little bit bigger.

We’ve been looking around for most of the summer and happened to stop by a dealership that we drive by literally every time we go to the campgrounds. We had looked around their lot before but nothing caught our eye. The salesman showed us a Gateway but it only had 3 bunks. Then he showed us the QBOK and we really liked it but were still a little un-decided.

So we went back the following week and the salesman we had talked to was busy with another couple. He stopped by and said that they had lowered the price on the Gateway and that we should take another look at it. So we did and we still weren’t overly impressed. We saw another customer in the Gateway but that’s not uncommon.

Then we went to check the Sabre again but it was looked. The lady at the front desk gave us a key and we went back out to look inside. We weren’t in there for 30 seconds when another couple came in. It happened to be the wife of the guy that was looking at the Gateway 5 minutes before. Then he came in a few seconds later.

We started talking and comparing notes for a few minutes and we told them that we were probably going to go with the Sabre.

So we go back to wait for the salesman and we find out the other couple we were just talking to is who he is working with. He stops by and we asked him if the other couple was interested in the Sabre also. He said “You really need to take a 2nd look at the Gateway”. We told him that we were not interested in that one, we’d rather have the Sabre.

So a few minutes later he comes over with a different salesman. He said that he might be awhile and that we needed some attention. So we could go over with this other salesmen to his desk and talk. We asked him if the other couple was interested in the Sabre and he said they were still undecided but that his “pen was moving a little slow”

So we talk with the other salesman and are literally 10 feet behind the other couple. I was half-listening to their conversation and it sounded like he wanted one trailer and she wanted another.

So we put we went ahead and put money down so they could hold it and run the numbers with the bank on Monday. The first salesman finds out and goes up to the other couple and says “Well, the Sabre is off the table.” Meanwhile we are still sitting 10 feet away.

My wife felt bad about it but I told her that we simply helped the other couple make their decision easier. It’s a 2015 so I’m sure they will have more on the lot before too long.

So we’ve had all week to worry about everything going right because we have a lot that has to be done and the timing has to be nearly perfect.

The salesman said that we could sign the papers this weekend and have it delivered next weekend. Well next weekend is “Halloween weekend” at our campground. Everyone will be decorating and the kids get to dress up and go trick-or-treating in the afternoon. So we didn’t want to deal with getting a new trailer delivered in the middle of all that. So they will be delivering it sometime during the week next week instead.

This weekend we have to get our decks moved out of the way so they can get the old one out and the new one in. This will require at least 7 or 8 guys helping us move them because they are pretty heavy. This could get tricky because the new trailer will be going in a different spot on our site since it’s about 10 feet longer. We’ll be facing north instead of east.

Then we have to get the old trailer emptied out as much as possible and find a place to store everything for a few days.

We’ll find out tomorrow if the salesmen went to the campground to check our site like he said he would. We want to be sure we can fit the new trailer in the way we want it. I know the trailer will fit, but it’s gonna be a tight squeeze getting the vehicle they use to tow it in and then back out again.

This is not even mentioning that we are still waiting on a repair guy to get some repairs done that we had set up a month ago. The parts needed were on back-order. I’m hoping to find the repairs done when I get there tonight.

Less than 24 hours to go!
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 10:47 PM   #809

Enjoy the new QBOK! We've had ours for a year and a half now and love it! In fact in a couple weeks we will be doing the whole Halloween decorating with ours as well.
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 04:37 PM   #810
Site Team

So we got it delivered and set-up with no problems. Spent our first weekend in it along with 9 kids.

We did find out that they didn’t give us keys for the door to the outdoor kitchen. The key to unlock the 3 doors to the basement is a different key. The OK takes a standard 751 key that so many other trailers have. They just didn’t give us any new ones and we gave up our old ones when we traded in our old TT.

Luckily my parents are on the site next to us and they have one.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:22 PM   #811
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
So we got it delivered and set-up with no problems. Spent our first weekend in it along with 9 kids.

We did find out that they didn’t give us keys for the door to the outdoor kitchen. The key to unlock the 3 doors to the basement is a different key. The OK takes a standard 751 key that so many other trailers have. They just didn’t give us any new ones and we gave up our old ones when we traded in our old TT.

Luckily my parents are on the site next to us and they have one.
Good thing you could get in!!
We didn't get one either. We caught it when they gave us the keys and locked up after pdi. Our dealer just gave us the one off of his keychain. Then I later stopped by a lock Smith and had a bunch of others made.
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 02:21 PM   #812
Site Team

So after spending 3 weekends in our QBOK, I have a couple of observations/comments.

One thing we noticed is a lack of electric outlets in the main living area. There’s one under the dinette and one above the sink. That’s it. I can’t believe they didn’t put one on each side of the door going into the bunkhouse. Our old Wildwood had them there.

I’m also tying to figure out how we went through both our tanks of propane in two weeks. We discovered this on Saturday afternoon when the furnace wouldn’t kick in.

Two full 30# tanks should’ve lasted a lot longer than that. We keep the heat set around 68 and used the electric fireplace during the day. The only time we use any hot water is on Sunday afternoon for the few dishes we have.

On Sunday we used the electric to heat up the water and it took forever to heat up. The temp outside was somewhere around 50 degrees that day. I thought electric was supposed to be faster?

Other than that we loved it and can’t wait until next year when we’ll get to spend a full season in it.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:30 PM   #813
Always Learning

I find that in moderately cool temperatures (50 degree days, 40 degree nights), we'll go through a propane tank every other day or so. But we also like to keep warm and have it set above 70.

Electric outlet-wise.. there is one behind of our love seat, one under the dinette, 1 at the charging station, 1 behind the TV, one on the cabinet below the sink (facing the TV), one above the counter top (e.g. above the sink but off to the side).

Where I'm disappointed in the lack of outlets is in the bunkhouse - there aren't any on the passenger side bunks even though they could have tapped off of the outside kitchen. Plus, I think a pair of 2amp 12v USB plugs at each bunk would be ideal at this point. (And 4 up at the charging station since just about everything is USB.)
Old 10-20-2014, 03:31 PM   #814
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Where I'm disappointed in the lack of outlets is in the bunkhouse - there aren't any on the passenger side bunks even though they could have tapped off of the outside kitchen. Plus, I think a pair of 2amp 12v USB plugs at each bunk would be ideal at this point. (And 4 up at the charging station since just about everything is USB.)
Agreed. I was surprised to find that the charging station doesn’t have them. One of these solves the problem though.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:41 PM   #815
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
Agreed. I was surprised to find that the charging station doesn’t have them. One of these solves the problem though.

Yeah, I've got a couple of them. Would be nice to be built-in, though.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:04 PM   #816

Quote:
I find that in moderately cool temperatures (50 degree days, 40 degree nights), we'll go through a propane tank every other day or so. But we also like to keep warm and have it set above 70.

Electric outlet-wise.. there is one behind of our love seat, one under the dinette, 1 at the charging station, 1 behind the TV, one on the cabinet below the sink (facing the TV), one above the counter top (e.g. above the sink but off to the side).

That sounds like an awful lot of propane even if your stat is set >70.
2006 HarleyDavidson RoadKing Classic
5verdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:20 PM   #817
Always Learning

I don't know. It's 42' of camping goodness. It's a fair amount of windows in the living room (and we weren't offered double-paned windows).

But, I only have a pop-up to compare it to and we didn't use that a whole lot in the chilly months. AND we augmented that with an electric heater.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:37 PM   #818
Oklahoma Proud

I just pulled my first empty bottle out last weekend. That is camping 40 nights since may 28th, and running water heater on gas for about 2 months. We have used the furnace about 3 or 4 nights and a couple days that were in the upper 50s and a couple of the nights were in the upper 50s, mainly when the fireplace wouldn't keep up.
We won't use much more than another tank this year since I think I will only use it for about another month before I take it in to the dealer to get all my warranty stuff worked on.

Ps. We do have the double pane windows and try to keep the hatch doors shut when its cold out.
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 07:51 PM   #819

We purchased our QBOK in the fall of 2012, and basically sat all winter. In 2013 we camped three times in it before we took it to Florida in August. When we camped in October last year we ran out of propane. I attributed it to the dealer not filling both tanks upon taking delivery of it in 2012. I can't believe the bulk of it was used going over the road to Florida and back....but maybe it did.
2006 HarleyDavidson RoadKing Classic
5verdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:56 AM   #820

My 2015 Sabre has the usb ports built in the charging station.... I think I just got it back from the factory this week so I will have to get in and confirm. Sad that I don't know that....

Quote:
Yeah, I've got a couple of them. Would be nice to be built-in, though.
Pirates55 is offline   Reply With Quote